Grundy needs 2 more games...

Lance

Grundy has these open dates and needs 2 more games...I know there are some coaches on here from around the area...can anyone help out here?

...or spread the word if you know of anyone that needs a game.

9/16

10/7

11/4

Grundy has these open dates and needs 2 more games...I know there are some coaches on here from around the area...can anyone help out here?

...or spread the word if you know of anyone that needs a game.

9/23

10/14

11/4

Lance, change dates to 9/16, 10/7, 11/4.

changed! let me know if anything changes.

if Bluefield is open, I'd play them...no Richlands this year, might as well schedule a brute lol.

WV Teams with those open dates and still needs a game

10/7 Bluefield

11/4 Mt View

10/7 Oak Hill

11/4 Oak Hill

10/7 Meadow Bridge

9/16 Pendleton County

At least theres opportunities.

no you just have to hope those guys will do a 2 year hitch and come to Grundy....or hope they will agree to a 1 off...which if they are on a 2 year cycle they might not want to do.

All of those teams are probably on a different level talent wise from what Grundy will be this year, but...slim pickings right now.

Either way, Hope they can fill the other 2 slots soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Bluefield still needs a tenth game and you have a common open date 10/7.

Can't say for sure, but I'd bet a little bit of $$ that a call out of Bluefield has been made to somewhere in Buchanan County, VA probably before this thread was even created.

Can't say for sure, but I'd bet a little bit of $$ that a call out of Bluefield has been made to somewhere in Buchanan County, VA probably before this thread was even created.

Grundy had games lined up earlier on, then Pike Central and Shelby Valley both dropped Grundy for other games. Grundy didn't find out until it was time to submit the schedules they had been dropped. So, if any call was made it was likely at a time when Grundy thought they had a full schedule....Grundy lost a lot this year so if they end up playing Bluefield it will probably get ugly fast...I'd say they will try to find a game more evenly matched if possible.

Of course this is all just my best guess...i have no way of knowing for sure what exactly is going on...I doubt that many people do.

Bluefield lost quite a bit as well, but will probably still be very solid....might still get ugly, but if it's the only option....if I were Grundy, I'd jump on it..... 8 games just sucks....having only 9 is bad enough.

I'd like to see Grundy get a series with Mt. View and Riverside in the future....

Grundy had games lined up earlier on, then Pike Central and Shelby Valley both dropped Grundy for other games. Grundy didn't find out until it was time to submit the schedules they had been dropped. So, if any call was made it was likely at a time when Grundy thought they had a full schedule....Grundy lost a lot this year so if they end up playing Bluefield it will probably get ugly fast...I'd say they will try to find a game more evenly matched if possible.

Of course this is all just my best guess...i have no way of knowing for sure what exactly is going on...I doubt that many people do.

Very possible. Wasn't trying to stir the pot, I was just reiterating that Bluefield will try to slate literally anybody in order to fill a schedule spot as evidenced by driving all the way to NC to succeed in that. That being said, no one "local" will schedule Bluefield and it is frustrating to look for games and see teams with date openings but actively avoid playing them.

I just find it hard to believe that if Bluefield knows about this opportunity that they haven't pursued Grundy in the least considering the lengths they will go to schedule a game. But you're right, not a lot of people know about the situation, myself included.

Very possible. Wasn't trying to stir the pot, I was just reiterating that Bluefield will try to slate literally anybody in order to fill a schedule spot as evidenced by driving all the way to NC to succeed in that. That being said, no one "local" will schedule Bluefield and it is frustrating to look for games and see teams with date openings but actively avoid playing them.

I just find it hard to believe that if Bluefield knows about this opportunity that they haven't pursued Grundy in the least considering the lengths they will go to schedule a game. But you're right, not a lot of people know about the situation, myself included.

there is a lot going on in Grundy right now...i'm sure the coaches are aware of the potential match up...what they decide to do with it, who knows? Myself, if that's all i could find, i'd jump on it...but, who knows who they are waiting to hear back from or have made offers to...that sort of thing...there is just a lot to it.

Who is going to coach Grundy this season. I heard thru the rumor mill that Rowe,Compton, and Plymal have already submitted their resignation to the principal. Jermey Ward is the only one left, does that make him the coach? Just asking.

Who is going to coach Grundy this season. I heard thru the rumor mill that Rowe,Compton, and Plymal have already submitted their resignation to the principal. Jermey Ward is the only one left, does that make him the coach? Just asking.

who knows? Until I hear otherwise I assume everything is the same.

I talked to Ward at the all star game a couple of weeks ago...he doesn't know whats up either and said the same thing I said...no change until there is change...lol.

why would they submit their resignations?

When do the school contracts start, 7/1 or 8/1?

If 7/1 (which I don't think it is) , they just started, so something REALLY bad had to happen.

If 8/1 (which sounds better), they aren't under contract right now, so they can't resign, but can say they aren't coming back.

I don't believe it, anyway. Same BS that gets started every year... Rowe's (leaving /going to East Ridge / retiring).

why would they submit their resignations?

When do the school contracts start, 7/1 or 8/1?

If 7/1 (which I don't think it is) , they just started, so something REALLY bad had to happen.

If 8/1 (which sounds better), they aren't under contract right now, so they can't resign, but can say they aren't coming back.

I don't believe it, anyway. Same BS that gets started every year... Rowe's (leaving /going to East Ridge / retiring).

Don't get your panties in a wad. lol Plymal said to my father-in-law that he wasn't coaching football this year, who knows, maybe Plymal told him a bunch of crap. Yes, you're right, it is the same old BS that Rowe and Fat Jack are giving it up but I do know for a fact a resignation letter was presented to Principal Keene but not the school board. The dynamic duo may have had a change of heart and decided not to "slit their wrists" because they lost so much to graduation and rebuild this year.

okay... old news... new coach already been named ... back to the topic

------

Here's a REAL simple way for Grundy to get 2 games...

Ask Crigger to talk Tug Valley into switcing opponents.

There's about half-a-dozen "deja vu" games being played this year in VA... H'burg & TA and Glass & Heritage play twice, so why not Grundy-TV?

Tug drops Twin on 9/16 so Crigger can play Grundy again, then we play Tug on 11/4.

We all end up with 10 games.

Any updates to if Grundy has had any luck filling their schedule?

still only 8 games as of today...they have a couple of things in the works, but as far as i know nothing signed just yet.