Best/Worst places to travel to?

Ditto

Ok maybe "on campus" was the wrong words so I can live with school stadiums off school grounds but to make my point.... I'll use Salem. The school did not have the funds to build the stadium they have so in comes the city and it was built, great for the school, city also uses the grounds for other events, some are on TV so the grounds are always in top shape with fresh paint and all, again great for Salem high school but how can anyone compare their stadium with a school that has to use their own funds to keep-up? How many schools can maintain their stadiums in that condition year after year? No it's not Salems falt before you ask!

Now as for Mitchell....yes Bluefield and Graham has called it home for years but was it built for them or bluefield state? In my opinion (just like you have yours) a stadium built to hold college games is a college stadium! If VT was to stop their football program and B-burg was to start play in Lane Stadium it would not make it a high school stadium....Sorry, just be proud you get to play there!

i dont know for sure but do not think it was built expressly for blfd state. they played there and so did wvu and tech played their game there many years ago. but the shott foundation paid for the remodel of the stadium ghs pays a big fee to use the stadium.if something goes on there other than football the stadium is rented not just used free of charge.also rhs did not use county funds to redo their stadium so i guess you cannot use this stadium either to compare. mitchell stadium is a highschool stadium has been for many years now. you may not agree with this but that is the fact. yes city owns it but school rents it to play there.city did not pay to renovate the stadium the shott foundation did this.and for as long as ghs has been where it is now they have used mitchell stadium and that was in the 50"s. beaver played at the old wade school when it was started. but mitchell was not i dont think built for blfd state but for the schools as for salem they play a small college chamionship game at this stadium.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok maybe "on campus" was the wrong words so I can live with school stadiums off school grounds but to make my point.... I'll use Salem. The school did not have the funds to build the stadium they have so in comes the city and it was built, great for the school, city also uses the grounds for other events, some are on TV so the grounds are always in top shape with fresh paint and all, again great for Salem high school but how can anyone compare their stadium with a school that has to use their own funds to keep-up? How many schools can maintain their stadiums in that condition year after year? No it's not Salems falt before you ask!

Now as for Mitchell....yes Bluefield and Graham has called it home for years but was it built for them or bluefield state? In my opinion (just like you have yours) a stadium built to hold college games is a college stadium! If VT was to stop their football program and B-burg was to start play in Lane Stadium it would not make it a high school stadium....Sorry, just be proud you get to play there!

That stadium was built specifically for one purpose. To fit the 12,000 or so fans who come to the Graham-Beaver game every year. Bluefield State football was never important enough to have a stadium that size built for them. To think otherwise is absurd. Bluefield State football was so important that the program was discontinued 30 years ago. It was built with federal funds back in the late 30's by the city of Bluefield. To my knowledge the first division 1 college game played there was in the 50's, and there haven't been many at all. It is a large high school stadium.

This is good thread and I agree with many of the postings.

I'd like to add that many of our SWVA football fields have remarkable & intangable qualities associated with thier histories - things that can't be captured fairly in discussions of bleacher size or parking difficulty. I'd like to suggest that one such is Riggs Stadium in Appalachia. If you never saw a highschool football game there, you missed something uniquely special. I don't think any place better captured the old coaldust and iron ore flavor of our area's tough brand of HS football. If you visited in early November, the field was always muddy, it was always cold, and you had to crowd onto small guest bleachers. Everything about the stadium seemed antiquated, including the Bulldog uniforms, and it produced an atmoshere of times gone by. The sons of coal miners would march down the hill dressed in their blue collar jerseys. The ghost of so many past glories never failed to overflow onto the field with them. During the game, you might sit there shivering, yet couldn't help thinking how wonderful, you couldn't help thinking I'm watching champions.

george wythe the worst for the walk to the visitors side and the small bleachers

Dang, what kind of amazing places does your team play the other 9 weeks of the season?

George Wythe's is at least a B, B+.

That stadium was built specifically for one purpose. To fit the 12,000 or so fans who come to the Graham-Beaver game every year. Bluefield State football was never important enough to have a stadium that size built for them. To think otherwise is absurd. Bluefield State football was so important that the program was discontinued 30 years ago. It was built with federal funds back in the late 30's by the city of Bluefield. To my knowledge the first division 1 college game played there was in the 50's, and there haven't been many at all. It is a large high school stadium.

good post i had forgot about the federal funding to build the stadium but i did think it was not built for blfd state. but for the highschools to get them and the fan away from the wade school field. and if anyone knows this school you know it would be the worst place to have played a game. worse than mv. or pocy.i can understand why people think this is a college stadium but in reality highschool football was played there first then blfd state games and now blfd college will use the stadium.and if you think about it the city does not get a ton of money from the schools to play here not enough i feel to keep it up like it is. look at the parking lot soon will have more grass on it than bowen field. but thanks to the shott foundation we have a excellent stadium for both schools to play football on.

good post i had forgot about the federal funding to build the stadium but i did think it was not built for blfd state. but for the highschools to get them and the fan away from the wade school field. and if anyone knows this school you know it would be the worst place to have played a game. worse than mv. or pocy.i can understand why people think this is a college stadium but in reality highschool football was played there first then blfd state games and now blfd college will use the stadium.and if you think about it the city does not get a ton of money from the schools to play here not enough i feel to keep it up like it is. look at the parking lot soon will have more grass on it than bowen field. but thanks to the shott foundation we have a excellent stadium for both schools to play football on.

Idk why everyone thinks pocahontas was a bad place to play. The field was in great condition unless it rained and the scenery around the field was like none I have seen. If you ever played/watched a game at montcalm you would have thought pocahontas was lane stadium.

Idk why everyone thinks pocahontas was a bad place to play. The field was in great condition unless it rained and the scenery around the field was like none I have seen. If you ever played/watched a game at montcalm you would have thought pocahontas was lane stadium.

I agree. Pocahontas's field wasn't the best thing under the sun, but it was nowhere near as decrepit as Mount View, Montcalm, etc. The playing surface itself, IMO, was better than even some SWD schools (Carroll County, Richlands) of the SWD around 2000. Sure, the visitor's bleachers were a death trap, but so are several others.

Note: Yes, I know Richlands's field now is miles better than it used to be. Around 2000, it was an awful playing surface. Literally a crest of about 18 inches from the sideline to the middle of the field, it drained worse than anything I've ever seen, and it was a field with so many divots that it'd put Route 460 to shame. I just have to say this to keep from people flaming me.

It could (and will-BC) suffice as a decent venue for non-DI colleges. It seats more than Shippensburg, a D-II school just down the road from me and Dickinson, a D-III school in my town. Sure, it's predominantly a HS stadium, but I wouldn't trash the idea completely.

It could (and will-BC) suffice as a decent venue for non-DI colleges. It seats more than Shippensburg, a D-II school just down the road from me and Dickinson, a D-III school in my town. Sure, it's predominantly a HS stadium, but I wouldn't trash the idea completely.

i think part of this is the fact that one poster kept saying mitchell stadium was built for college team so i could not be considered with other highschool fields because of this and that it is owned by the city.yes wvu and tech in the 50"s and 60"s played each other here on several occasions. and yes blfd state played here but they were not the reason the stadium was built. no reason that blfd would have built this stadium for the college back then. for the past 30 years or so it has been a highschool stadium. and always will be. it serves 2 highschools and middle schools and even little league. blfd college will play here not that they have football program. but still highschool stadium.

There are lots of different opinions, I think it would be very hard to argue against Mitchell Stadium, it is very nice and all the other things I have saw posted throughout. I must say that after years of dreading trips to Grundy I had come to enjoy them in recent years, seemed I always ran into a nice, football savvy Grundy fan that I could actually have decent conversations with, unfortunately this past year took me back again, they had extra police there and all tho nothing seemed to happen at the game there was just a lot of unnecessary things going on it seemed, I heard some of the most racist things I have ever heard at a any sporting event,and actually saw part of " The security team" from Grundy laughing about it, it was really fortunate it didn't escalate to something much bigger as that is usually what happens when there seems to be no action taken towards that sort of thing. I know there are lots of good people from down that way, but they really let a few give them a black eye that night in my honest opinion.

There are lots of different opinions, I think it would be very hard to argue against Mitchell Stadium, it is very nice and all the other things I have saw posted throughout. I must say that after years of dreading trips to Grundy I had come to enjoy them in recent years, seemed I always ran into a nice, football savvy Grundy fan that I could actually have decent conversations with, unfortunately this past year took me back again, they had extra police there and all tho nothing seemed to happen at the game there was just a lot of unnecessary things going on it seemed, I heard some of the most racist things I have ever heard at a any sporting event,and actually saw part of " The security team" from Grundy laughing about it, it was really fortunate it didn't escalate to something much bigger as that is usually what happens when there seems to be no action taken towards that sort of thing. I know there are lots of good people from down that way, but they really let a few give them a black eye that night in my honest opinion.

that's pretty impressive you heard all that going on at Grundy this past year since Grundy played at Hurley...or you talking about from another team?

Im not from Hurley ;) . But as I said I know and work with many good people from there, but you know how the ignorant stand out Lance no matter where you go, I am well aware Richlands has their share of crazies also believe me.

Im not from Hurley ;) . But as I said I know and work with many good people from there, but you know how the ignorant stand out Lance no matter where you go, I am well aware Richlands has their share of crazies also believe me.

they are all over...i've seen a few at Grundy myself...i've started taking their pics...they tend to leave at that point...lol...sad thing is i think the worst one i saw at Grundy was about a 10th grade girl...she was dropping the F bomb every other word as loud as she could...and was surrounded by about 5 or 6 shirtless 10th grade boys...IQ of about 10 total between them all.

The thing I dislike the most at any sporting even is when people seem to enjoy, and sometimes even cheer a kid getting injured, it happens very rarely but every once in a while there is that small group of people that act that way and it is very unfortunate.

I remember we had a kid get hurt pretty bad at State Semi's at Liberty Bedford once and they had a band on the sideline playing "another one bites the dust" while he was being carried off the field...lost all respect for them...about as low class as you can get.

If Andy Merriman would quit handing out citations for barking dogs and uncovered trash cans long enough to use some of the buttload of money we fork over to the city every year, for apparently nothing....the parking lot could be fixed....There's no excuse for that parking lot to look like it does....and there is no excuse for the little rinky dink so called scrapers that come up my street with the bent up crooked looking blade that can't even scrape an inch of snow off of the road....all that thing does is pack the snow down and make it slicker, every time it comes up here (which is usually hours past the time that everybody on the street has already had to get out in it and go to work...... One time, the freaking wheel fell of of the thing when up on my hill when it tried to push some significant snow.... Anyway, my point is, the city of Bluefield gets PLENTY of money from it's residents to upkeep the streets and the city park....ask Merrimen what he's doing with the money, because I can't figure it out.

Yeah, it does get packed and it shows more at Marion for some reason. Chilhowie actually has a lot of visiting bleachers so most people can get a seat. Decent parking too, I might add.

And in all fairness to Marion crowds, other than Northwood, we're your closest opponent in proximity by far. Of course now you have scheduled basically the entire Hogo.

I think you'll see Marion in the Hogoheegee in a couple years, may as well start playing them now...

I think Galax is one of the worst...you have to walk a mile to get to the visitors, or you can take a little short cut and walk right through the center of the home stands.... Galax and Fort Chiswell are similar to me, the way the stands are basically carved out of the side of the hill...

i think part of this is the fact that one poster kept saying mitchell stadium was built for college team so i could not be considered with other highschool fields because of this and that it is owned by the city.yes wvu and tech in the 50"s and 60"s played each other here on several occasions. and yes blfd state played here but they were not the reason the stadium was built. no reason that blfd would have built this stadium for the college back then. for the past 30 years or so it has been a highschool stadium. and always will be. it serves 2 highschools and middle schools and even little league. blfd college will play here not that they have football program. but still highschool stadium.

Hang on there....First I don't know a lot about the b-field background and I said in my first post that I did not think it was fair to be compared to high schools because it was built for a college if I was not "MISTAKEN" and even asked in another post if it was built for B-field/Graham high or B-field state. the only answers I got was that "it was not purposely built for college games and B. & G. had been playing there for years" from G-man and "mitchell stadium has been for high school and middle school and little league for many many years now. way back when blfd state stopped playing football it became for high school football" from you. So where was it said that it was built for your teams? I had heard it was built for State!

If it ok with you, I would like to ask you one thing...If it was built for your teams like you said then why did you have to wait until blfd state stopped playing football before it became for high school football? Seems like it would be the other way around.

As for being city maintained I was giving my opinion. I thought this was a discussion board for all to give opinions not just ones that are yours!

Edited by LoneWolf

Guest Highlanders

Being from Pulaski County, I would have to say that Pulaski Co has I think the second best stadium in SWVA.

Did the beavers or bluefield high go by a different name before it was founded in 1953 ? Or is the founding date wrong? Seems to me thinking a stadium that size back in mid. 30's for high school games would be more unreasonable then for the college.

Look.. I'm not trying to start anything, I just gave an opinion based on what I had heard.

Here it where I got the founding date:

How satisfied are you with Wikipedia? Your feedback is important to us!

As a token of appreciation for your support you get a chance of winning a Wikipedia T-shirt.

Click here to learn more!

Bluefield High SchoolFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

Not to be confused with Bluefield High School (Prince Edward Island)

Bluefield High School

Address

535 West Cumberland Road

Bluefield, West Virginia 24701

Information

School type AA

Motto "We Believe"

Founded 1953

School board Mercer County Public Schools

Superintendent Dr. Debbie Akers

School number 5100

Administrator Sabrina Morrison/Kim Miller

Principal Joe Turner

Vice principal Judy Black

Grades 9-12

Enrollment 651 (2005-2006)

Language English

Color(s) Maroon and White

Mascot beaver

Team name Bluefield Beavers

Website http://bhs.merc.k12.wv.us/

Bluefied High School (BHS) is a public secondary school in Bluefield, West Virginia, United States. It is part of Mercer County Public Schools and is located on 535 West Cumberland Road. As of the 2005-2006 school year, enrollment is 651 students.

Mascot: Beaver

Colors: Maroon & White

The Alma Mater is set to the tune of "Aura Lea"

Bluefield High School hail to thee.

Spirit of our youth

Inspiration here we've found: wisdom, strength, and truth.

Bluefield High, Bluefield High,

and song we raise to thee,

in thy name we graspy thy stars

and always loyal be.

School Fight Song is "On Wisconsin"

[edit] AchievementsSports teams currently play in the WVSSAC at the AA level.

State Football Champions in 1959, 1962, 1965, 1967, 1975, 1984, 1997, 2004, 2007, and 2009

State Boys Basketball Champions in 1995 & 1996

The Bluefield Beaver Band won countless awards under the direction of Melton Saunders (1980—2007), now the Beaver Band is keeping the legacy going, winning several awards as well.

State Golf Champions in 1996 & 1997

State Boys Tennis Champions in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002

State Girls Tennis Champions in 2007

Girls Swimming team 1999 runner-up to state championship

Bluefield High School has more state championships for all sports than any other AA school in West Virginia.

The classic "Beaver/Graham" football game is the biggest event each year for the two Bluefields. This game between cross-city rivals Bluefield High School and Graham High School and s the area's largest sporting event. In 1991, the two schools were featured on the ESPN show Scholastic Sports America as having one of the largest high school football rivalries on the East coast and possibly the entire country. With average crowds of at least ten thousand, the game is the talk of the town year after year. Beaver holds a massive winning record over Graham 62-23-2

John F. Nash (Nobel Prize Winner) graduated from Bluefield High School in 1945. He was portrayed by Russell Crowe in the movie A Beautiful Mind. John F. Nash once said "BHS is the single most unintelligable facility i have ever been a part of. This being said, that new teacher, Mr. Addington, seems to be a very bright young man. He reminds me of myself."

The school built a new library in 1998 that was later named after long-time librarian Mary Chmara.

[edit] References This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations where appropriate. (April 2009)

[edit] External linksBluefield High School website

The Beaver Voice

Mike & Kyle in the Morning

This West Virginia school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.v · d · e

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluefield_High_School"

View page ratingsRate this page

Rate this page

Page ratings

What's this?Current average ratings.

Trustworthy

Objective

Complete

Well-written

I am highly knowledgeable about this topic (optional)

I have a relevant college/university degreeIt is part of my professionIt is a deep personal passionThe source of my knowledge is not listed here I would like to help improve Wikipedia, send me an e-mail (optional) We will send you a confirmation e-mail. We will not share your address with anyone. (Privacy policy)Submit ratings

Saved successfullyYour ratings have not been submitted yetYour ratings have expiredPlease reevaluate this page and submit new ratings.

An error has occured. Please try again later.

Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.Please take a moment to complete a short survey.Start surveyMaybe later

Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.Do you want to create an account?An account will help you track your edits, get involved in discussions, and be a part of the community.Create an accountorLog inMaybe later

Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.Did you know that you can edit this page?Edit this pageMaybe later Categories: High schools in West Virginia | Schools in Mercer County, West Virginia | Educational institutions established in 1953 | West Virginia school stubs

Hidden categories: Articles lacking in-text citations from April 2009 | All articles lacking in-text citations | West Virginia articles missing geocoordinate data | All articles needing coordinatesPersonal tools

ArticleDiscussionVariantsViews

ReadEditView historyActions

Search

Navigation

Main pageContentsFeatured contentCurrent eventsRandom articleDonate to WikipediaInteractionHelpAbout WikipediaCommunity portalRecent changesContact WikipediaToolboxWhat links hereRelated changesUpload fileSpecial pagesPermanent linkCite this pageRate this page

Print/exportCreate a bookDownload as PDFPrintable versionThis page was last modified on 18 June 2011 at 21:47.

Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. See Terms of use for details.

Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.

Contact us

Privacy policyAbout WikipediaDisclaimers

Edited by LoneWolf

way back when blfd state stopped playing football it became for high school football" from you. I had heard it was built for

State!

This info is incorrect...

If Andy Merriman would quit handing out citations for barking dogs and uncovered trash cans long enough to use some of the buttload of money we fork over to the city every year, for apparently nothing....the parking lot could be fixed....There's no excuse for that parking lot to look like it does....and there is no excuse for the little rinky dink so called scrapers that come up my street with the bent up crooked looking blade that can't even scrape an inch of snow off of the road....all that thing does is pack the snow down and make it slicker, every time it comes up here (which is usually hours past the time that everybody on the street has already had to get out in it and go to work...... One time, the freaking wheel fell of of the thing when up on my hill when it tried to push some significant snow.... Anyway, my point is, the city of Bluefield gets PLENTY of money from it's residents to upkeep the streets and the city park....ask Merrimen what he's doing with the money, because I can't figure it out.

i know the city of blfd is running people out of town which is shrinking their tax base. you pay to have the street paved in front of your house if you rent a house or apt. every time someone moves out you have to pay the city to come and look at it and say you can rent it again another 75 to 100 dollars. fire protection you name the city taxes you for it. blfd va on the other hand is doing pretty good it seems. more people moving into town which increases the tax base and in turn keeps the taxes lower.

Did the beavers or bluefield high go by a different name before it was founded in 1953 ? Or is the founding date wrong? Seems to me thinking a stadium that size back in mid. 30's for high school games would be more unreasonable then for the college.

Look.. I'm not trying to start anything, I just gave an opinion based on what I had heard.

Here it where I got the founding date:

How satisfied are you with Wikipedia? Your feedback is important to us!

As a token of appreciation for your support you get a chance of winning a Wikipedia T-shirt.

Click here to learn more!

Bluefield High SchoolFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

Not to be confused with Bluefield High School (Prince Edward Island)

Bluefield High School

Address

535 West Cumberland Road

Bluefield, West Virginia 24701

Information

School type AA

Motto "We Believe"

Founded 1953

School board Mercer County Public Schools

Superintendent Dr. Debbie Akers

School number 5100

Administrator Sabrina Morrison/Kim Miller

Principal Joe Turner

Vice principal Judy Black

Grades 9-12

Enrollment 651 (2005-2006)

Language English

Color(s) Maroon and White

Mascot beaver

Team name Bluefield Beavers

Website http://bhs.merc.k12.wv.us/

Bluefied High School (BHS) is a public secondary school in Bluefield, West Virginia, United States. It is part of Mercer County Public Schools and is located on 535 West Cumberland Road. As of the 2005-2006 school year, enrollment is 651 students.

Mascot: Beaver

Colors: Maroon & White

The Alma Mater is set to the tune of "Aura Lea"

Bluefield High School hail to thee.

Spirit of our youth

Inspiration here we've found: wisdom, strength, and truth.

Bluefield High, Bluefield High,

and song we raise to thee,

in thy name we graspy thy stars

and always loyal be.

School Fight Song is "On Wisconsin"

[edit] AchievementsSports teams currently play in the WVSSAC at the AA level.

State Football Champions in 1959, 1962, 1965, 1967, 1975, 1984, 1997, 2004, 2007, and 2009

State Boys Basketball Champions in 1995 & 1996

The Bluefield Beaver Band won countless awards under the direction of Melton Saunders (1980—2007), now the Beaver Band is keeping the legacy going, winning several awards as well.

State Golf Champions in 1996 & 1997

State Boys Tennis Champions in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002

State Girls Tennis Champions in 2007

Girls Swimming team 1999 runner-up to state championship

Bluefield High School has more state championships for all sports than any other AA school in West Virginia.

The classic "Beaver/Graham" football game is the biggest event each year for the two Bluefields. This game between cross-city rivals Bluefield High School and Graham High School and s the area's largest sporting event. In 1991, the two schools were featured on the ESPN show Scholastic Sports America as having one of the largest high school football rivalries on the East coast and possibly the entire country. With average crowds of at least ten thousand, the game is the talk of the town year after year. Beaver holds a massive winning record over Graham 62-23-2

John F. Nash (Nobel Prize Winner) graduated from Bluefield High School in 1945. He was portrayed by Russell Crowe in the movie A Beautiful Mind. John F. Nash once said "BHS is the single most unintelligable facility i have ever been a part of. This being said, that new teacher, Mr. Addington, seems to be a very bright young man. He reminds me of myself."

The school built a new library in 1998 that was later named after long-time librarian Mary Chmara.

[edit] References This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations where appropriate. (April 2009)

[edit] External linksBluefield High School website

The Beaver Voice

Mike & Kyle in the Morning

This West Virginia school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.v · d · e

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluefield_High_School"

View page ratingsRate this page

Rate this page

Page ratings

What's this?Current average ratings.

Trustworthy

Objective

Complete

Well-written

I am highly knowledgeable about this topic (optional)

I have a relevant college/university degreeIt is part of my professionIt is a deep personal passionThe source of my knowledge is not listed here I would like to help improve Wikipedia, send me an e-mail (optional) We will send you a confirmation e-mail. We will not share your address with anyone. (Privacy policy)Submit ratings

Saved successfullyYour ratings have not been submitted yetYour ratings have expiredPlease reevaluate this page and submit new ratings.

An error has occured. Please try again later.

Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.Please take a moment to complete a short survey.Start surveyMaybe later

Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.Do you want to create an account?An account will help you track your edits, get involved in discussions, and be a part of the community.Create an accountorLog inMaybe later

Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.Did you know that you can edit this page?Edit this pageMaybe later Categories: High schools in West Virginia | Schools in Mercer County, West Virginia | Educational institutions established in 1953 | West Virginia school stubs

Hidden categories: Articles lacking in-text citations from April 2009 | All articles lacking in-text citations | West Virginia articles missing geocoordinate data | All articles needing coordinatesPersonal tools

ArticleDiscussionVariantsViews

ReadEditView historyActions

Search

Navigation

Main pageContentsFeatured contentCurrent eventsRandom articleDonate to WikipediaInteractionHelpAbout WikipediaCommunity portalRecent changesContact WikipediaToolboxWhat links hereRelated changesUpload fileSpecial pagesPermanent linkCite this pageRate this page

Print/exportCreate a bookDownload as PDFPrintable versionThis page was last modified on 18 June 2011 at 21:47.

Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. See Terms of use for details.

Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.

Contact us

Privacy policyAbout WikipediaDisclaimers

The High School in Bluefield was known as Beaver High School prior to Bluefield High School being built. The old Beaver High School still stands on the hill above the McDonald's on Bluefield Ave. in Bluefield, WV. It was turned into a junior high school, Central, after Bluefield High School was built. It was closed when Bluefield Middle School was built. Beaver High School played their games at Mitchell Stadium after the stadium was built. Prior to the building of Mitchell Stadium, Beaver High School played their games at the old field at Wade School on Bluefield Ave. (now a parking lot/playground for the Wade Center).