Bradshaw training in South Florida...coincidence?

futbolking

Guest The Variable
Giants are bringing Snelling in to bluff AB I think...I'd love to see NY pick up Ronnie Brown and free up AB to go elsewhere...but, thats just me.

If youre an AB fan, I think that is a mistake. Where would he go that he would play better? Nobody with a better situation for a starting RB to step into needs a RB right now.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If youre an AB fan, I think that is a mistake. Where would he go that he would play better? Nobody with a better situation for a starting RB to step into needs a RB right now.

was just hoping he would get out of NY...like i said, just me. I would have like to seen him got to Pittsburgh myself...I think he's best when used like he was in 2007, not starting and playing behind a bowling ball...let the big man wear down the LB's and next thing you know here comes the speed...made for some big chunks of yardage...oh well.

4 year deal

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/29079/ahmad-bradshaw-re-signs-with-giants

Well, if the New York Giants were bringing in Jason Snelling for a visit to try and scare Ahmad Bradshaw into re-signing with them, it appears to have worked.

Snelling was indeed at the Giants' offices Monday talking to team officials about potentially signing with the team. But shortly before 2 pm, The Star-Ledger's Mike Garafolo broke the news via Twitter that Bradshaw had signed a four-year contract, which is almost certainly the outcome for which the Giants were hoping when they decided to talk to Snelling.

Bradshaw was a major priority this offseason for the Giants, who posted the sixth-most rushing yards in the league last year with the tandem of Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs leading the way. He had some fumbling problems that led to his benching in favor of Jacobs during the second half of the season, but he's an excellent multi-purpose back who can catch the ball, excels in pass protection and is a key part of the Giants' offense. Had they not re-signed him, they'd have been left with second-tier options such as Ronnie Brown who don't fit what they do as well as Bradshaw does.

It wasn't the world's easiest negotiation, as Bradshaw flirted with the Dolphins, Redskins and Bengals, among other teams, in an effort to bring the Giants' offer up. But in the end, it appears to have been Snelling, the leverage card the Giants played Sunday night and Monday morning, that got this deal done.

The Giants remain in negotiations with free-agent tight end Kevin Boss and free-agent receiver Steve Smith and could look for an upgrade at linebacker now that their highest-priority item is checked off.

Guest The Variable
was just hoping he would get out of NY...like i said, just me. I would have like to seen him got to Pittsburgh myself...I think he's best when used like he was in 2007, not starting and playing behind a bowling ball...let the big man wear down the LB's and next thing you know here comes the speed...made for some big chunks of yardage...oh well.

He probably would be better in Pittsburg...hes better than Mendenhall (personality and skill) but they seem happy with Mendenhall right now. Same with the Colts, he is probably better than Addai but they dont want him.

He probably would be better in Pittsburg...hes better than Mendenhall (personality and skill) but they seem happy with Mendenhall right now. Same with the Colts, he is probably better than Addai but they dont want him.

I'm just not a Coughlin fan, and with him being on a 1 year annual leash that could get let go at any time, if I was going to sign a 4 year deal some place i'd want to go where the coach wasn't on the hot seat...Coughlin has already shown he will bail out on AB the first time things don't smell like roses...and if the Giants get off to a bad start, who knows that that man will do to keep his job....they also don't pass to AB enough out of the backfield...thats a strong point for him and they need to use it more...you dont just run a back like him up the gut and expect much...he's an off tackle/open space sort of guy...they need to use that more to their advantage and they never do.

I heard $24M with $8M guaranteed...no one is reporting that yet though...see what comes out over the next 24 hrs.

Didn't I say that $25M was about the upper reaches of Rosenhaus's potential for this deal? Man, I love being right. ;)

Again, this is IF the deal is as you are reporting it.

I'm just not a Coughlin fan, and with him being on a 1 year annual leash that could get let go at any time, if I was going to sign a 4 year deal some place i'd want to go where the coach wasn't on the hot seat...Coughlin has already shown he will bail out on AB the first time things don't smell like roses...and if the Giants get off to a bad start, who knows that that man will do to keep his job....they also don't pass to AB enough out of the backfield...thats a strong point for him and they need to use it more...you dont just run a back like him up the gut and expect much...he's an off tackle/open space sort of guy...they need to use that more to their advantage and they never do.

Eli will look over at a wide open Bradshaw and then choose to throw the ball 60 yards downfield into the arms of a waiting defender....it drives me crazy. Bradshaw is an awesome receiver...let's not forget that he was the ONLY person in VHSL HISTORY (recorded) to have over 5000 yards rushing and over 1500 yards receiving

Not surprising to me, at least. I figured that the figures being tossed around on this board of $25M+ were laughably outrageous. My original guess was $15M-$20M over 4 years, with the maximum of $25M if Rosenhaus pulled out the guns. Where the deal should've been, IMO.

Not surprising to me, at least. I figured that the figures being tossed around on this board of $25M+ were laughably outrageous. My original guess was $15M-$20M over 4 years, with the maximum of $25M if Rosenhaus pulled out the guns. Where the deal should've been, IMO.

not really laughable early on, as things dried up yes, but when Williams signed it was well within reasoning...plus i heard he has incentives that could bump it up...so who knows...have to see how it turns out.

not really laughable early on, as things dried up yes, but when Williams signed it was well within reasoning...plus i heard he has incentives that could bump it up...so who knows...have to see how it turns out.

Carolina apparently is out of the loop, and overpaid for D. Williams......They broke the bank on a couple of players. Gotta wonder what they were thinking...

What hurt Bradshaw was the teams that were interested in him went for the "bargain" player early in the game and Bradshaw lost a lot of leverage...

Carolina apparently is out of the loop, and overpaid for D. Williams......They broke the bank on a couple of players. Gotta wonder what they were thinking...

i think they actually were under the cap and had some money to burn so they made their dude happy lol.