Bradshaw training in South Florida...coincidence?

futbolking

From a friend of mine that follows Dolphin football real close. He said the Dolphins are close to signing Reggie Bush.

Not what I've been hearing about Bush...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Variable
Dolphins have withdrawn from talks with Bradshaw, apparently he wanted them to offer a little more $$.

Still has several teams interested, waiting to see what happens with Jacobs restructuring his contract. Giants are trying to free up some $$...

Now this...http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6808226/new-york-giants-make-offer-re-sign-ahmad-bradshaw?campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Eli wants Burress, funny thing is that Warren Sapp said the same thing I did about Manning needing a reciever that can catch the ball.

If the Giants go for Plaxico (what were his parents thinking?) I wonder how that will change the Bradshaw free agency.

In other news, looks like the 9ers are after Nnamdi *fingers crossed* decent secondary with him and Clements.

And the dolphins did sign reggie bush, he might give the dolphins a little more than he did with the saints, but more of nothing is still nothing. Pretty much means bradshaw is staying where hes at.

Eli wants Burress, funny thing is that Warren Sapp said the same thing I did about Manning needing a reciever that can catch the ball.

If the Giants go for Plaxico (what were his parents thinking?) I wonder how that will change the Bradshaw free agency.

In other news, looks like the 9ers are after Nnamdi *fingers crossed* decent secondary with him and Clements.

Plax and Bradshaw have both been working out in South Florida...Bradshaw would be a happy camper, if Plax signed....he even talked about it on an interview in that link I posted...he believes it would hellp stretch the field, as you say and provide a better opportunity for the running game....he's all for it.

Guest The Variable
Plax and Bradshaw have both been working out in South Florida...Bradshaw would be a happy camper, if Plax signed....he even talked about it on an interview in that link I posted...he believes it would hellp stretch the field, as you say and provide a better opportunity for the running game....he's all for it.

I know they are friends, so Im sure that would make him happy along with what Plaxico brings to the field. But with a lower salary cap this year than in 09, are they going to have the $$$ to get both at their desired salaries?

I know they are friends, so Im sure that would make him happy along with what Plaxico brings to the field. But with a lower salary cap this year than in 09, are they going to have the $$$ to get both at their desired salaries?

If Jacobs doesn't cooperate, I do believe they are going to cut him...and run Bradshaw and the rookie DaRel Scott....that would free up some money.... Eli Manning has a $125 million contract, but I have heard nothing about him restructuring, it would be a good gesture for him to drop to $115 or $110 million for the benefit of the team....probably won't happen.

The thing is, the Giants have overpaid for free agents in the past and it is proving to be a problem this year.

With Williams signing for such a big amount with Carolina, that drove the price for Bradshaw up....maybe too much for the Giants to keep him. He says there's a couple more teams looking at him, there must be, or the Giants would've probably already made a "final" offer...

Sounds like desparation........They made a deal for Reggie Bush awfully quick, once they couldn't get Williams or Bradshaw...

I figured AB is going to get about $32 million over 3 to 4 years probably get $15 million of it guaranteed....which will piss Jacobs off i'm sure.

I highly doubt that. I'd guess $15M-$20M over 4. Maybe as high as $25M with Rosenhaus's power.

Bush is getting $5m a year, Williams signed for $43m over 4 years...I think he will be in the middle somewhere...he may take less to stay with NY.

The Dolphins made it clear that Bradshaw was "out of their price range"...remembeer they pursued Bradshaw before they pursued Bush....so if they gave Bush $5 mil per year....I don't think it's unrealistic for Bradshaw to sign a 4 year deal for $25 -$30 mil.... or more...D. Williams set the bar high and Bradshaw was 2nd on the list of best available RB's...

I figured AB is going to get about $32 million over 3 to 4 years probably get $15 million of it guaranteed....which will piss Jacobs off i'm sure.

everything pisses Jacob's off...so yeah, I'm sure he will be. The Giants were talking about cutting him altogether if he didn't agree to re-structuring his contract.....

I guess we already know who the starter will be, when and if they do sign Bradshaw....

everything pisses Jacob's off...so yeah, I'm sure he will be. The Giants were talking about cutting him altogether if he didn't agree to re-structuring his contract.....

I guess we already know who the starter will be, when and if they do sign Bradshaw....

Jacobs should be starting...let him pound the ball up on the LB's then bring AB in...that's one thing i've had a problem with is the way they have used AB...Super Bowl year was pretty good and got great results...last few years not so much.

Redskins are pretty dumb about overpaying people...they might just be saying this to raise AB's price and make the Giants spend money lol. No love lost between any of the NFC East teams.

Yeah, that thought had entered my mind. This process is just taking too long....getting a little uncomfortable. I can't help but think that he must have something to fall back on, in case the Giants give him a "take it or leave it" type offer.

Yeah, that thought had entered my mind. This process is just taking too long....getting a little uncomfortable. I can't help but think that he must have something to fall back on, in case the Giants give him a "take it or leave it" type offer.

someone will pick him up, Giants will have to be in the ballpark or he could walk and pick up with another team easy...I dont think they can risk low balling him.

Guest The Variable
someone will pick him up, Giants will have to be in the ballpark or he could walk and pick up with another team easy...I dont think they can risk low balling him.

Maybe the eagles will sign him, like every other free agent on the market.

He's running out of options. I'm hoping the best for the guy, but he can't be to greedy.

Jason Snelling is visiting with the Giants today.

I see Ahmad signing by the end of tomorrow. 5 or 6 million a year range.

Giants are bringing Snelling in to bluff AB I think...I'd love to see NY pick up Ronnie Brown and free up AB to go elsewhere...but, thats just me.