Bradshaw training in South Florida...coincidence?

futbolking

The one thing for sure in the Bradshaw deal, with Rosenhaus he will get paid.

That was a good move on his part. He's playing this situation, right also.... saying he wants to remain a Giant, but money will factor in, will insure that the Giants don't take him for granted...and will pay to keep him. Also, if the Dolphins or somebody else wants him bad enough, they'll have to fork over a good chunk of change.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like an Eagles fan talking about McNabb 5 years ago. Sure, McNabb was never as great as he was made out to be but his fans were his worst enemy. Giants fans have been tough on Eli from the get-go. He has good blocking, but he didnt last season. His recievers are not outstanding, they have a habit of being overachievers one weekend and complete bums the next. The problem with the Giants has been consistancy and that was the problem with the entire team. The O-line, Eli, Recievers, the Defense and Bradshaw and Jacobs. Last year and most of the season before was a failure of the entire team. Playcalling wasnt bad, it was execution and it has been that way for a while in NY.

You could say that for Eli too, he even had foot issues, I never saw him complain either.

Eli Manning is the worst thing that could ever happen to a fantasy football team. Lol. I had 3 teams last year. I had Peyton Manning in one, and he saved me so many times. I had Phillip Rivers in another, and he was a consistant 15-18 point guy. Sometimes a 20+ performance. But Eli, omg, he single handely lost me 4 games, and noone, and I mean noone, wants to trade for him lol.

Guest The Variable
This. I would be shocked if Bradshaw remains in New York. It's just a matter of where he'll end up.

Honestly, probably a 3rd down back somewhere like San Fran, just like Westbrook only younger.

Honestly, probably a 3rd down back somewhere like San Fran, just like Westbrook only younger.

Yeah...we will see soon enough. $28m - $32m over 3 or 4 years....he'll be starting somewhere.

Guest The Variable
Yeah...we will see soon enough. $28m - $32m over 3 or 4 years....he'll be starting somewhere.

Yeah...like Alex Smith. But we will see, it will be an interesting season indeed.

I agree with Lance, yet again. Bradshaw is a complete back...he can run, catch passes out of the backfield and pass protect...and he's tough as nails. If Bradshaw goes anywhere, he'll be a starter. Why would he pass up a starting Gig in NY to become a backup somewhere else? Also, if anybody wants him bad enough, they'll have to pay him the big bucks...and why pay the big bucks for a backup??....that makes no sense at all... If Bradshaw goes ANYWHERE, it'll be as a starter...

Yeah...like Alex Smith. But we will see, it will be an interesting season indeed.

How can you compare Bradshaw and Alex Smith... Smith was signed to a big contract and never panned out.... Bradshaw signed for nearly the league minimum...and has earned a big contract. Why would you think he wouldn't pan out? He has ALREADY panned out with NY.... He finished like 6th in the league in total yards and took away the goal line carries from a 260 pound back late in the season....The Giants do not want to give up Bradshaw, he is too valuable....Jacobs can't pick up the pass rush....and you will always see Bradshaw in the game when and if Eli makes a big pass play....he's great at pass protection.

Obviously the professional coaching staff of the New York Giants like what they see in Bradshaw, I don't think they're idiots...

Guest The Variable
I agree with Lance, yet again. Bradshaw is a complete back...he can run, catch passes out of the backfield and pass protect...and he's tough as nails. If Bradshaw goes anywhere, he'll be a starter. Why would he pass up a starting Gig in NY to become a backup somewhere else? Also, if anybody wants him bad enough, they'll have to pay him the big bucks...and why pay the big bucks for a backup??....that makes no sense at all... If Bradshaw goes ANYWHERE, it'll be as a starter...

But he cant hold on to the football...that may be the single most important aspect of playing offense.

Bradshaw will start wherever he goes, you are correct. However, he will either eventually be the 3rd down back or he will be a mediocre back because most of the teams that need him dont have the o-line that he has in NY nor the talent around him to keep him out of obscurity.

BTW, Westbrook is a complete back too...more of one since he also can do special teams.

Guest The Variable
I didn't even feel the need to respond to the Alex Smith comment lol...bogus.

You dont have to. The fact of the matter is that just because you get the "big money" doesnt make you successful.

You dont have to. The fact of the matter is that just because you get the "big money" doesnt make you successful.

yeah...he was successful without making the big money for 4 years.

...and Bradshaw started out on special teams....he was successful and moved up.

But he cant hold on to the football...that may be the single most important aspect of playing offense.

Bradshaw will start wherever he goes, you are correct. However, he will either eventually be the 3rd down back or he will be a mediocre back because most of the teams that need him dont have the o-line that he has in NY nor the talent around him to keep him out of obscurity.

BTW, Westbrook is a complete back too...more of one since he also can do special teams.

I just don't see your point....Adrian Peterson has fumbling issues also, so did Tiki Barber.....Bradshaw's fumbling issues are at least in part due to his effort and fighting for the extra yard. That can be easily corrected. What you can't always coach is the intangibles, like pass protecting and picking up the blitz......

Apparently, the league sees the potential in him and the upside to his play making potential is way better than the downside of his "fumbling" issues....which I do believe he was made a scape goat... How many turnovers did Eli have last year INT's and fumbles...30??? Come on...Eli should be their main concern when it comes to turning the ball over...

Personally, I like to see the local guy do well....

Seems like people around here either love Bradshaw or hate him....If you ever saw him play in person....you'd love the effort he puts forth.

Also, Bradshaw started out in special teams returning kickoffs (led the team in return average)....and also was on the kickoff coverage team and made a truckload of tackles on returns (did Westbrook do that?).......Bradshaw was originally recruited as a defensive back and put the single most vicious hit I have ever seen anybody put on anybody else at the high school level against Liberty Bedford in 2001....

Oh yeah....he used to punt the ball too....

Edited by futbolking

Guest The Variable
Apparently, the league sees the potential in him and the upside to his play making potential is way better than the downside of his "fumbling" issues....which I do believe he was made a scape goat... How many turnovers did Eli have last year INT's and fumbles...30??? Come on...Eli should be their main concern when it comes to turning the ball over...

Unrelated. Eli throwing a pick doesnt cause AB to fumble a ball.

I have also said that AB does have potential. This year is going to be a big test for him. Whether he goes or stays. I just happen to believe more that he not going to reach his potential.

Personally, I like to see the local guy do well....

Who doesnt, but doesnt that mean you risk only seeing the good in a player and not the problems?

Seems like people around here either love Bradshaw or hate him....If you ever saw him play in person....you'd love the effort he puts forth.

I have seen him play in person. Not when he was in high school, but against the Redskins.

A severe, chronic problem on these boards concerning AB...

not at all...but the good out weighs the bad and seems like there are a few that only want to focus on the bad...jealousy i guess...some people can't stand to see a local kid do well for some reason...anyone that shows up with college potential you get a few who have to try to say why he wont make it or what the negatives are...i would rather focus on what people have going for them and where it might take them instead of just saying "well he fumbles too much or his 40 time is not low enough"...that's just the way some people are though, not just on here but probably in life...to each his own...you can say what you want about AB and be jealous, guy has already done more than all but a select few around here have ever done...he's got a ring and he's about to make some big bucks as a reward for all his efforts...he's overcome a lot of personal problems and done it with hard work...i dont see how anyone can knock a guy like that....in the last games of 2008 he was the only Giant on the field busting ass and giving 110%...he's had foot problems, legal problems, he lost his dad along the way, and he still goes out and does a good job and seems to try to be growing up and making better decisions....to me, that is a lot of good positive things and if all you can focus on is 7 fumbles, 6 lost...then i guess to you the glass will always be half empty.

not at all...but the good out weighs the bad and seems like there are a few that only want to focus on the bad...jealousy i guess...some people can't stand to see a local kid do well for some reason...anyone that shows up with college potential you get a few who have to try to say why he wont make it or what the negatives are...i would rather focus on what people have going for them and where it might take them instead of just saying "well he fumbles too much or his 40 time is not low enough"...that's just the way some people are though, not just on here but probably in life...to each his own...you can say what you want about AB and be jealous, guy has already done more than all but a select few around here have ever done...he's got a ring and he's about to make some big bucks as a reward for all his efforts...he's overcome a lot of personal problems and done it with hard work...i dont see how anyone can knock a guy like that....in the last games of 2008 he was the only Giant on the field busting ass and giving 110%...he's had foot problems, legal problems, he lost his dad along the way, and he still goes out and does a good job and seems to try to be growing up and making better decisions....to me, that is a lot of good positive things and if all you can focus on is 7 fumbles, 6 lost...then i guess to you the glass will always be half empty.

Well put....

Seems like you're directing most of that post toward me. If you are, you are sadly, gravely, completely mistaken.

It would truly be pathetic for someone to not want to see a local talent like Bradshaw succeed on the highest level. I wouldn't say that jealousy would be the only reason for someone to feel that way, but it would likely be a large part of it. Though I personally wouldn't trade places with Bradshaw for any amount of money, I wish him nothing but the best of success.

It's virtually impossible to have a discussion of Bradshaw's professional career without mentioning the fumbling problem. I remember about 18 months ago when you pooh-poohed that, and I went into back-breaking detail to show how Bradshaw had the 6th-worst career fumbling percentage of any back with more than 100 touches in the last 20 years. I even went to show how Bradshaw's fumbling rate was roughly 21% greater than Tiki "Butterfingers" Barber. That's REALLY bad, and it's improved only slightly during his time in the NFL. When you're that inept at something, yeah, it's kind of a big deal.

You might call it "knocking" him. I call it being realistic. Being realistic also recognizes his resiliency to come back at a high level after suffering his foot and ankle injuries. Being realistic also recognizes that despite the litany of legal issues, he's been truly blessed to reach the heights he has. Being realistic also recognizes that losing a father is a truly difficult thing to deal with (my mother lost her father in February), and that he's come back so strong is a testament to him.

Human beings are human beings. Though some are supremely talented, ALL have faults, even involving the things at which they are supremely talented. Frankly, it's disturbing to me as a person who embraces rational thought to COMPLETELY disregard a person's negative attributes for the sake of wanting him to succeed. Doing so is doing yourself a grave injustice and setting yourself up for extreme disappointment by false expectations.

In short, Bradshaw has incredible talent, but also has some pretty glaring faults, and it's ridiculous to ignore the talent or the faults.

Seems like you're directing most of that post toward me. If you are, you are sadly, gravely, completely mistaken.

no, wasn't directing any of it towards you, just quoted the comment to reply since it was somewhat on the subject of my post...beyond that, it's more of a "if the shoe fits" sort of thing.

It would truly be pathetic for someone to not want to see a local talent like Bradshaw succeed on the highest level. I wouldn't say that jealousy would be the only reason for someone to feel that way, but it would likely be a large part of it. Though I personally wouldn't trade places with Bradshaw for any amount of money, I wish him nothing but the best of success.

It's virtually impossible to have a discussion of Bradshaw's professional career without mentioning the fumbling problem. I remember about 18 months ago when you pooh-poohed that, and I went into back-breaking detail to show how Bradshaw had the 6th-worst career fumbling percentage of any back with more than 100 touches in the last 20 years. I even went to show how Bradshaw's fumbling rate was roughly 21% greater than Tiki "Butterfingers" Barber. That's REALLY bad, and it's improved only slightly during his time in the NFL. When you're that inept at something, yeah, it's kind of a big deal.

You might call it "knocking" him. I call it being realistic. Being realistic also recognizes his resiliency to come back at a high level after suffering his foot and ankle injuries. Being realistic also recognizes that despite the litany of legal issues, he's been truly blessed to reach the heights he has. Being realistic also recognizes that losing a father is a truly difficult thing to deal with (my mother lost her father in February), and that he's come back so strong is a testament to him.

Human beings are human beings. Though some are supremely talented, ALL have faults, even involving the things at which they are supremely talented. Frankly, it's disturbing to me as a person who embraces rational thought to COMPLETELY disregard a person's negative attributes for the sake of wanting him to succeed. Doing so is doing yourself a grave injustice and setting yourself up for extreme disappointment by false expectations.

In short, Bradshaw has incredible talent, but also has some pretty glaring faults, and it's ridiculous to ignore the talent or the faults.

the whole point of that OLD post about AB's fumbles, which seems to be lost in translation...my whole point in that was that he is no worse off statistically at the same point in his career (at that time) than some of the greats of the game...i showed the stats to back up my point...the numbers are what they are, i don't make them up or change them...it is what it is...is there a problem? duh...yes...is it something that can't be fixed? no. We will see how he does this year with it soon enough.

There is no reason to completely disregard anything...no one is doing that...at this point the fumbles are well known...big deal...thats about the only thing negative you can say about the guy at this point...so why is it that anytime someone says anything positive there are a few who have to just run the fumbles thing in to the ground...yes, we all are aware of it...it's an issue...but you dont have to use that as a gateway to bad mouth AB any time something is brought up about the guy...i could say he just had a beautiful new baby girl and some idiot would ask if he dropped her yet? I mean come on...the negativity towards him is just uncalled for...there are a few who just like to put the guy down and you know it. To me that is sad considering what he has done from high school to current day as a local guy on the field and off...to me i see a kid growing up and living with some bad decisions he made early on but trying to make good things happen in his life as he grows older...i just don't see how you can knock a guy like that. It's ok to talk about the negatives with the positives, but when you tend to focus on the negatives...then that's where I don't understand why you would do so...unless it just boils down to jealousy or something? I dunno.

and again, not saying you in particular, just in general...so don't take it as a personal attack, not intended as such.

Guest The Variable

I havent put him down once. The fact that he is a competent back in the NFL is a tremendous testament of skill.

Edited by The Variable