Bradshaw training in South Florida...coincidence?

futbolking

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he needs to get out of NY...Coughlin clearly doesn't know how to use him and is just wasting his talents...and i think the Fish would run him like a horse and throw the ball to him more...AB is the kinda back you get out in the open and let him make people miss...Coughlin tries to run him up the gut way to much and he's not a up the gut kinda guy, he's a cut back kinda guy...a slasher...you don't run those guys up the gut and expect them to produce anything unless you have a line like the Cowboys had when Smith was in his prime with a sweaty Nate Newton out there....and Eli is not consistent enough to get you in 2nd and short enough to where you wont get keyed on all the time.

Guest The Variable
I think he needs to get out of NY...Coughlin clearly doesn't know how to use him and is just wasting his talents...and i think the Fish would run him like a horse and throw the ball to him more...AB is the kinda back you get out in the open and let him make people miss...Coughlin tries to run him up the gut way to much and he's not a up the gut kinda guy, he's a cut back kinda guy...a slasher...you don't run those guys up the gut and expect them to produce anything unless you have a line like the Cowboys had when Smith was in his prime with a sweaty Nate Newton out there....and Eli is not consistent enough to get you in 2nd and short enough to where you wont get keyed on all the time.

Hes not going to do anything if he doesnt work on his ball control. Are you confusing him with Brian Westbrook?

I have heard nothing but excuses thrown about Bradshaws tenure in NY when none are necessary. He had a bad year last year and it had nothing to do with how he was run. BTW, the O-line in miami doesnt really impress me.

Edited by The Variable

Hes not going to do anything if he doesnt work on his ball control. Are you confusing him with Brian Westbrook?

I have heard nothing but excuses thrown about Bradshaws tenure in NY when none are necessary. He had a bad year last year and it had nothing to do with how he was run. BTW, the O-line in miami doesnt really impress me.

excuses? and if leading the Giants with 1,200+ rushing yards as a part time back is a bad year, then I can't wait to see a good one.

People can focus on the fumbles, but i saw every game and how they happened...it's not as bad as it looks on paper....he will be fine i think as far as that goes.

Coughlin doesn't run him correctly...if you are going to use him as a part time back with Jacobs, you have to do what they did in 2007 and run Jacobs early and soften up the LB's...you can't power run AB up the gut every play and expect big numbers...not going to happen. They hardly ever pass to him, he would be a LOT more productive if they did that and got him out in the open in a one on one situation...they never do it. And sorry, but Eli is just not as great as everyone wants him to be.

Guest The Variable
excuses? and if leading the Giants with 1,200+ rushing yards as a part time back is a bad year, then I can't wait to see a good one.

People can focus on the fumbles, but i saw every game and how they happened...it's not as bad as it looks on paper....he will be fine i think as far as that goes.

Coughlin doesn't run him correctly...if you are going to use him as a part time back with Jacobs, you have to do what they did in 2007 and run Jacobs early and soften up the LB's...you can't power run AB up the gut every play and expect big numbers...not going to happen. They hardly ever pass to him, he would be a LOT more productive if they did that and got him out in the open in a one on one situation...they never do it. And sorry, but Eli is just not as great as everyone wants him to be.

Yardage isnt everything, as you say what is on paper does not really reflect reality. I saw the games too. Many of his fumbles were of his own doing. He is not the first good back to have these problems. Peterson had these problems in 2009 and Jamal Charles had those problems last year. The Vikings had a great passing game in 09 to cover and Charles had over 4 yards per carry average in 10. The bottom line is, turnovers lose football games. I made the Westbrook comparrison because he reminds me of him. Hes not an elite back and never will be, but has the potential to be a premier back if he works on his shortcomings otherwise he will be stuck as the great 3 down back he has already proven himself to be.

And Eli is nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be. RBs have to own their fumbles, but if your wideouts act like volleyball players instead of recievers, you are going to have a lot of interceptions. Eli is a GOOD quarterback. Hes not the elite player either, but you cant hang Bradshaws issues on him. BTW, you cant say that Coughlin doesnt know how to use Bradshaw when you already demonstrated that he DOES know how to use him in the past. And you shouldnt be complaining about 2 and long if your back is the kind of back you say that AB is.

Yardage isnt everything, as you say what is on paper does not really reflect reality. I saw the games too. Many of his fumbles were of his own doing. He is not the first good back to have these problems. Peterson had these problems in 2009 and Jamal Charles had those problems last year. The Vikings had a great passing game in 09 to cover and Charles had over 4 yards per carry average in 10. The bottom line is, turnovers lose football games. I made the Westbrook comparrison because he reminds me of him. Hes not an elite back and never will be, but has the potential to be a premier back if he works on his shortcomings otherwise he will be stuck as the great 3 down back he has already proven himself to be.

And Eli is nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be. RBs have to own their fumbles, but if your wideouts act like volleyball players instead of recievers, you are going to have a lot of interceptions. Eli is a GOOD quarterback. Hes not the elite player either, but you cant hang Bradshaws issues on him. BTW, you cant say that Coughlin doesnt know how to use Bradshaw when you already demonstrated that he DOES know how to use him in the past. And you shouldnt be complaining about 2 and long if your back is the kind of back you say that AB is.

You don't know what AB "can" be...no one does...he has not been given the chance and has not been 100% healthy yet...he's a good back with potential, thats about all you can say. A lot of the fumbles were AB trying to fight for the extra yard...if he figures out to just go down when it's done and stop fighting unless its close to a first down or something...then i think he would cut half of his problems. When it's 3rd and 2 and you've already got 4...no reason to fight for 4.5 and cough up the ball...saw him do that sort of thing a couple of times.

Eli throws the ball high, if you do that you are going to get INT's...you are also going to get your WR's killed. He tries to force the ball where it shouldn't be, makes poor decisions, and holds the ball too long...he's avg at best...or at least he was last year. At times he shows a lot of promise and looks good, but one things goes wrong and it gets in his head and the wheels come off.

Guest The Variable
You don't know what AB "can" be...no one does...he has not been given the chance and has not been 100% healthy yet...he's a good back with potential, thats about all you can say. A lot of the fumbles were AB trying to fight for the extra yard...if he figures out to just go down when it's done and stop fighting unless its close to a first down or something...then i think he would cut half of his problems. When it's 3rd and 2 and you've already got 4...no reason to fight for 4.5 and cough up the ball...saw him do that sort of thing a couple of times.

Fair enough, but unless he has some sort of Darren McFadden comeback, normally what you see during the first few pro seasons of a running back will be what you see the rest of their career unless they decline. Priest Holmes maybe got better as he got older, but I cant think of any other exceptions in recent memory. Ill rest my case with his fighting for more yards fumbles...but I think that if he solves that problem, his value will increase ten fold. Personally, I like his style, I want him to stay with NY because the dolphins might be a doomed franchise. No QB, star reciever got stabbed, questionable o-line. What defense? On top of all that, the team is owned by hollywood rejects.

Eli throws the ball high, if you do that you are going to get INT's...you are also going to get your WR's killed. He tries to force the ball where it shouldn't be, makes poor decisions, and holds the ball too long...he's avg at best...or at least he was last year. At times he shows a lot of promise and looks good, but one things goes wrong and it gets in his head and the wheels come off.

Tell that to the Patriots. Eli throws high because his recievers are all 20 feet tall. The NFL DB population is almost exclusively short people in comparrison. You are supposed to throw high. We are talking about PRO wide outs (one with size 4X hands needing custom made gloves)...they should be catching those passes. I think hes good, probably in the 75 precentile of starting QBs in the league or better. Thats a LOT better than what he is going to have if he goes to Miami.

Fair enough, but unless he has some sort of Darren McFadden comeback, normally what you see during the first few pro seasons of a running back will be what you see the rest of their career unless they decline. Priest Holmes maybe got better as he got older, but I cant think of any other exceptions in recent memory. Ill rest my case with his fighting for more yards fumbles...but I think that if he solves that problem, his value will increase ten fold. Personally, I like his style, I want him to stay with NY because the dolphins might be a doomed franchise. No QB, star reciever got stabbed, questionable o-line. What defense? On top of all that, the team is owned by hollywood rejects.

Tell that to the Patriots. Eli throws high because his recievers are all 20 feet tall. The NFL DB population is almost exclusively short people in comparrison. You are supposed to throw high. We are talking about PRO wide outs (one with size 4X hands needing custom made gloves)...they should be catching those passes. I think hes good, probably in the 75 precentile of starting QBs in the league or better. Thats a LOT better than what he is going to have if he goes to Miami.

he throws high...that might be good for sideline passes, but you throw it over the middle and you get your receivers killed and a lot of tipped balls...which translates in to INT's...if you are talking a pro QB you have a window of about what 6 inches to deliver the ball most of the time? He doesn't hit it enough. 75th percentile...maybe...sounds about right.

As for the Patriots, ironically if AB didn't recover Eli's fumble in that game, there would be nothing to talk about lol. I will say, that was the best game of Eli's life...and poor David Tyree made one of the greatest catches of all time and landed in the unemployment line soon after....there are a lot of strange things about that particular super bowl if you look at it in the big picture.

Guest The Variable
he throws high...that might be good for sideline passes, but you throw it over the middle and you get your receivers killed and a lot of tipped balls...which translates in to INT's...if you are talking a pro QB you have a window of about what 6 inches to deliver the ball most of the time? He doesn't hit it enough. 75th percentile...maybe...sounds about right.

As for the Patriots, ironically if AB didn't recover Eli's fumble in that game, there would be nothing to talk about lol. I will say, that was the best game of Eli's life...and poor David Tyree made one of the greatest catches of all time and landed in the unemployment line soon after....there are a lot of strange things about that particular super bowl if you look at it in the big picture.

So the question remains, who needs him that has a better system?

(I think its great that I am finally getting psyched up for football season again)

i've heard the Rams, Green Bay, and Miami are most interested...I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Green Bay at all...they pick up a lot of NY players for some reason.

I agree with Lance on this. Bradshaw can make plays in the open field and he is under-utilized in this capacity. Eli is way over-rated. He's got great blocking and outstanding receivers, but still manages to lead the league in INT's.... the guy is way too deliberate with his throws and is not quick to make a decision....If anybody has had excuses made for him, it's Eli Manning. I'm a big Giants fan and I would definitely not put Eli in the top 75 percentile....maybe not even the top half.... He makes me nervous every time he takes a snap...

As for Bradshaw, he's been playing on two bad feet since he's entered the league and you never see HIM complain or make excuses. He just keeps working hard and wants to contribute and make his team better and he'll do anything the coaches ask him to do....Miami could use a guy like that....so could other teams and that is what has gotten him noticed, according to more than one expert.

As for Bradshaw, he's been playing on two bad feet since he's entered the league and you never see HIM complain or make excuses. He just keeps working hard and wants to contribute and make his team better and he'll do anything the coaches ask him to do....Miami could use a guy like that....so could other teams and that is what has gotten him noticed, according to more than one expert.

He had his feet worked on last off-season...

Guest The Variable
i've heard the Rams, Green Bay, and Miami are most interested...I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Green Bay at all...they pick up a lot of NY players for some reason.

Rams will start Steven Jackson, period. Grant and Starks fill GB nicely. Either team may sign him but neither team will start him. He will disappear in Miami like everyone else there has since Marino retired.

he's had his feet worked on every off season...i hope they hold up this year.

Same here. I'd love to see him run for 1500 or 1600 yards. I don't see the Giants giving him up, he's too valuable. He's become a good back in pass protection, blocking for the world's most indecisive quarterback... and could pick up some killer yardage, if Eli would ever check down to him, instead of having tunnel vision all of the time and throwing the ball downfield, no matter what.

Ahmad Bradshaw won't be in GB, don't be surprised if the Packers stay put and try to resign their own FA's and see what they've got out of the draft. I don't think many teams see AB as a back worth what he will be asking. I don't see him going to Miami either. With Dallas looking to ship Choice and Barber out the door, look for the Dolphins to snatch one of them up with all the ties those teams have(half the roster and coaching staff came from Dallas.) The Rams have Jackson and he's still too good to invest much money in a #2. I see AB landing in Washington with Shanahan and Co. If anyone knows how to whip a RB into shape its Mike.

Guest The Variable
I agree with Lance on this. Bradshaw can make plays in the open field and he is under-utilized in this capacity. Eli is way over-rated. He's got great blocking and outstanding receivers, but still manages to lead the league in INT's.... the guy is way too deliberate with his throws and is not quick to make a decision....If anybody has had excuses made for him, it's Eli Manning. I'm a big Giants fan and I would definitely not put Eli in the top 75 percentile....maybe not even the top half.... He makes me nervous every time he takes a snap...

You sound like an Eagles fan talking about McNabb 5 years ago. Sure, McNabb was never as great as he was made out to be but his fans were his worst enemy. Giants fans have been tough on Eli from the get-go. He has good blocking, but he didnt last season. His recievers are not outstanding, they have a habit of being overachievers one weekend and complete bums the next. The problem with the Giants has been consistancy and that was the problem with the entire team. The O-line, Eli, Recievers, the Defense and Bradshaw and Jacobs. Last year and most of the season before was a failure of the entire team. Playcalling wasnt bad, it was execution and it has been that way for a while in NY.

You could say that for Eli too, he even had foot issues, I never saw him complain either.

Guest The Variable
Ahmad Bradshaw won't be in GB, don't be surprised if the Packers stay put and try to resign their own FA's and see what they've got out of the draft. I don't think many teams see AB as a back worth what he will be asking. I don't see him going to Miami either. With Dallas looking to ship Choice and Barber out the door, look for the Dolphins to snatch one of them up with all the ties those teams have(half the roster and coaching staff came from Dallas.) The Rams have Jackson and he's still too good to invest much money in a #2. I see AB landing in Washington with Shanahan and Co. If anyone knows how to whip a RB into shape its Mike.

I think Washington might be a good place for him. Shanahan doesnt like portis, thats why he traded him. Torrain might be a good pounding back much like Jacobs. O-line is still dicey though.

The Bears might like him, Forte is a waste. He might do better there than at NY, but I went down the list of teams last night and cannot think of anyone else who had a better setup for him than NY and needs a RB.

I dont know if the Rams are just done with Jackson's antics or if he is injured worse than has been let on or what the deal is...but, i keep hearing the Rams are going to make a move for AB as soon as things open up. I guess we will see.

Story from espnnewyork.com:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/5205/bradshaw-weighs-in-on-giants-and-dolphins-again

Ahmad Bradshaw hit the radio waves in Miami and the running back sounds like a guy who wants to remain a Giant but also is very intrigued by the Miami Dolphins.

Appearing on WQAM with Sid Rosenberg, Bradshaw said he gives the Giants the “upper hand” and estimates that it is “75-25” when asked what percentage he would place on the Giants versus the Dolphins for his services although he did make it clear he hasn't spoken to either team.

“Well it’s all in the Giants’ hands,” Bradshaw said in the radio interview. “I love New York, I give them the upper hand. It is all about a business, it is a business. I take it very seriously where I want to be. I love New York and would love to stay there but then the money factor comes in.”

Bradshaw will become a free agent if the new collective bargaining agreement allows fourth-year players to become unrestricted free agents.

He is considered to be the Giants’ top priority once teams are allowed to start negotiating with their own free agents. But Bradshaw and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have mentioned the Dolphins as an attractive landing spot in separate interviews this week in Miami.

It’s no secret the Dolphins will need another running back to pair with rookie Daniel Thomas since it appears Ronnie Brown will likely not return.

“They have a great offense,” Bradshaw said of the Dolphins. “If I was to come here, I could bring explosiveness and with the protection on (Chad) Henne, I could help that a whole lot. I’m sure I can be a big part of whatever team I think I can go to.”

Bradshaw, though, reiterated his love for the Giants and likened head coach Tom Coughlin to a father.

“Coughlin is a great guy,” said Bradshaw, a Coughlin favorite. “He treats me like a son. I can’t speak for anybody else but he treats me like a son and he is a great coach and gets you prepared for every game to the fullest. I can’t say anything negative about Coach Coughlin.”

However, he also had positive things to say about Miami head coach Tony Sparano.

“With Coach Sparano, I’d like to come to Miami and play for him anytime if it happens,” Bradshaw said.

Bottom line: Bradshaw is just doing what a player about to hit free agency should be doing and that is maximizing his leverage.

The Giants want and need Bradshaw back and will try to find a way to bring him back. ESPN’s John Clayton reported that the Giants will be $11.34 million over the $120 million salary cap which is expected to include a $3 million exception.

General manager Jerry Reese will probably find a way to free up enough money to bring Bradshaw back. But he also has other free agents in the likes of Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Mathias Kiwanuka and Barry Cofield as well.

Bradshaw hopes the Giants can keep him and Brandon Jacobs, who is slated to make $4.65 million this season.

“They seem like they were going to get both of us back, they talked about it but they know I am not going to go for nothing less,” Bradshaw said. “With Brandon they have him for two more years and know what they expect with him. I just want to be a feature back. I feel like I can carry the ball a ton of times a game. I feel like I can put it on my shoulder.”