Bradshaw training in South Florida...coincidence?

futbolking

A severe, chronic problem on these boards concerning AB...

The severe and chronic problem on here is people bashing him, no matter what he does...just combatting the negative with the positive. He has flaws, but who doesn't. The upside far outweighs the downside. If it didn't, he wouldn't be in the league.....Too many haters out there, if you ask me. ...

Edited by futbolking

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Variable
The severe and chronic problem on here is people bashing him, no matter what he does...just combatting the negative with the positive. He has flaws, but who doesn't. The upside far outweighs the downside. If it didn't, he wouldn't be in the league.....Too many haters out there, if you ask me. (Just explaining my persistence to somebody on here who kept wanting to counter everything I have said positive about the man, with something negative...)

Seems to me there is more criticism about everyone ELSE involved with the Giants than AB. Just from the 2 threads on him that I have participated in (which I know is limited). That alone sends up red flags. And your arguement would then apply to all starters and second stringers in the NFL and therefore negate ANY criticism of players in the league, period.

Lifes balance is all about point and counterpoint. If you cannot deal with the counterpoint, why have a discussion?

Edited by The Variable

Coming from the guy that lamented the fact that Matt Muncy received a scholarship to Wake Forest just a few years ago.

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10818&highlight=muncy

Wow, digging up posts from three years ago. You really must not like me. Good. And please explain exactly what has Muncy done on the field to justify that schloarship? We both know the anwser is nothing. Looks like we were right on that one.

Wow, digging up posts from three years ago. You really must not like me. Good. And please explain exactly what has Muncy done on the field to justify that schloarship? We both know the anwser is nothing. Looks like we were right on that one.

Haha! Nah, this post just reminded me of all those threads back then, so I went back and read them.

Sorry to call you out, but its true. You posted several times in that thread about how Muncy didn't deserve a scholarship, yet now you think we should give the local guys the benefit of the doubt and focus on what they have going for them, instead of the negatives. I guess you have had a change of heart in the last 3 years...

Exactly.

Nevermind...I guess you didn't. It must only apply to former Graham players.

Seems to me there is more criticism about everyone ELSE involved with the Giants than AB. Just from the 2 threads on him that I have participated in (which I know is limited). That alone sends up red flags. And your arguement would then apply to all starters and second stringers in the NFL and therefore negate ANY criticism of players in the league, period.

Lifes balance is all about point and counterpoint. If you cannot deal with the counterpoint, why have a discussion?

Whatever......I no longer wish to have this discussion....I had my point, you had your counterpoint....

Edited by futbolking

Haha! Nah, this post just reminded me of all those threads back then, so I went back and read them.

Sorry to call you out, but its true. You posted several times in that thread about how Muncy didn't deserve a scholarship, yet now you think we should give the local guys the benefit of the doubt and focus on what they have going for them, instead of the negatives. I guess you have had a change of heart in the last 3 years...

Nevermind...I guess you didn't. It must only apply to former Graham players.

Maybe it has more to do with being able to recognize potential when you see it.......as long as we're supposed to be giving people the benefit of the doubt....and holy crap, was that over 3 years ago? Seems like yesterday we were talking about that.

Edited by futbolking

Maybe it has more to do with being able to recognize potential when you see it.......as long as we're supposed to be giving people the benefit of the doubt....and holy crap, was that over 3 years ago? Seems like yesterday we were talking about that.

I'm not saying anyone should or should not be given the benefit of the doubt...I was just referring to what someone else said.

I thought it was classless back when several people were giving Muncy a hard time about getting a scholarship, so I found it funny that one of those people is now saying that we should not be so hard on the local guys and focus on the positives of the situation. Even though criticizing a professional athlete is substantially different from criticizing a high school kid.

And no kidding, it doesn't seem like 3 years ago. It was so fresh in my mind that I was surprised when I looked it up and saw it was so long ago.

I'm not saying anyone should or should not be given the benefit of the doubt...I was just referring to what someone else said.

I thought it was classless back when several people were giving Muncy a hard time about getting a scholarship, so I found it funny that one of those people is now saying that we should not be so hard on the local guys and focus on the positives of the situation. Even though criticizing a professional athlete is substantially different from criticizing a high school kid.

And no kidding, it doesn't seem like 3 years ago. It was so fresh in my mind that I was surprised when I looked it up and saw it was so long ago.

I hear ya.....I'm just focusing on the positive.

Nevermind...I guess you didn't. It must only apply to former Graham players.[/quote

I was only referring to bradshaw. And I happen to think Alex marrs is a worthless turd also,so I'm not biased. Just calling it like I see it.

Nevermind...I guess you didn't. It must only apply to former Graham players.[/quote

I was only referring to bradshaw. And I happen to think Alex marrs is a worthless turd also,so I'm not biased. Just calling it like I see it.

Wow...tell us how you really feel.

I couldn't imagine being a grown man and talking so badly of teenagers.

Wow...tell us how you really feel.

I couldn't imagine being a grown man and talking so badly of teenagers.

Whatever. Can't catch a break from you no matter what I say anyway. I don't know why I care what you think anyway. You're just trying to flame.

The severe and chronic problem on here is people bashing him, no matter what he does...just combatting the negative with the positive. He has flaws, but who doesn't. The upside far outweighs the downside. If it didn't, he wouldn't be in the league.....Too many haters out there, if you ask me. ...

This, except exactly the opposite. This board is a Bradshaw lovefest, and any negative comments, no matter how statistically supported or justified meet razor-sharp criticism. No one's saying he doesn't deserve to be in the NFL. I'm not even saying that his downside outweighs his upside.

What I am saying are two things:

1. His "fumblitis" is a VERY serious issue he needs to fix in order to be a full-time starting back in the NFL.

2. See my second sentence.

Edited by UVAObserver

This, except exactly the opposite.

I do believe you and I had this argument already a year or two ago....not interested in going back there.

You and I have agreed to disagree in the past, I say we do again this time as well, lol...

I respect your opinions on most things, but we clearly have different views on this.

I do believe you and I had this argument already a year or two ago....not interested in going back there.

You and I have agreed to disagree in the past, I say we do again this time as well, lol...

I respect your opinions on most things, but we clearly have different views on this.

Agree to disagree we shall. :)

i will say there is for sure not an AB "lovefest" going on here...if anything it's the opposite....bottom line is there are people polarized on the subject of AB and neither side is going to find a middle ground...lets just leave it at that...shall we?

Guest The Variable
i will say there is for sure not an AB "lovefest" going on here...if anything it's the opposite....bottom line is there are people polarized on the subject of AB and neither side is going to find a middle ground...lets just leave it at that...shall we?

Lance, with all due respect...you couldnt be more wrong. You have UVAO and myself (and perhaps before that just UVAO) who are on here talking about Bradshaw in a realistic perspective. I have yet to see one post on this thread that can be characterised as hateful. Nobody has brought up personal problems in his life except for those in support of him. All criticism has been the fact as to whether or not he can maintain being a STARTER IN THE NFL, the priemier football league in the world where the best play. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but even being a backup in the worlds best stage for the sport, is an accomplishment to hang your hat on. Dont victimize your perspective by saying that anything else is the talk of "haters". It cheapens the discussion and alienates people from your point.

This discussion goes on all the time in HRVA with the Vicks or Allen Iverson or Ronald Curry or Percy Harvin. This is no different, except for it seems to me that there is no presence of those against AB on this thread.

Think Im wrong? Prove it.

Lance, with all due respect...you couldnt be more wrong. You have UVAO and myself (and perhaps before that just UVAO) who are on here talking about Bradshaw in a realistic perspective. I have yet to see one post on this thread that can be characterised as hateful. Nobody has brought up personal problems in his life except for those in support of him. All criticism has been the fact as to whether or not he can maintain being a STARTER IN THE NFL, the priemier football league in the world where the best play. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but even being a backup in the worlds best stage for the sport, is an accomplishment to hang your hat on. Dont victimize your perspective by saying that anything else is the talk of "haters". It cheapens the discussion and alienates people from your point.

This discussion goes on all the time in HRVA with the Vicks or Allen Iverson or Ronald Curry or Percy Harvin. This is no different, except for it seems to me that there is no presence of those against AB on this thread.

Think Im wrong? Prove it.

i've already gone over this 100x...to be honest it just bores me at this point.

and, i'm not speaking about just whats said in this thread, it goes back to AB in high school...dont know if you were around then or have been following it then or what...i was here 10 years watching it before you came along to tell me i'm wrong lol.

I've already said everything I want or need to say here and in other threads, if you are concerned with my opinion on it, feel free to look it up...beyond that...nothing else really to say about it....you are not understanding what i am saying or something...i dunno...but, i'm done talking about it....total waste of time.

Guest The Variable

and, i'm not speaking about just whats said in this thread, it goes back to AB in high school...dont know if you were around then or have been following it then or what...i was here 10 years watching it before you came along to tell me i'm wrong lol.

No, I wasnt here 10 years ago, remember that I dont live around your nick of the woods. All I know is about what is contained in the two most recent threads. Both times, I have been met with fierce resistance to my opinion. When you say "not speaking about JUST whats said in this thread" that means that something either I or UVAO said something to correllate to that. I take exception to that. I know that Bradshaw is talented, he has to be. Is he as talented as some people think he is? That is where I enter the discussion. If some of these people you speak of who really just hate AB come on here, then let the discussion denegrate to that point. Until then, dont bring someone elses problems and hang them on my opinions.

I've already said everything I want or need to say here and in other threads, if you are concerned with my opinion on it, feel free to look it up...beyond that...nothing else really to say about it....you are not understanding what i am saying or something...i dunno...but, i'm done talking about it....total waste of time.

I was concerned about the point you made about there being a "hatefest" on this thread. If you were really talking about discussions from 10 years ago, then I am obviously not involved. But why then, bring them up?

I do believe I originally made this post....and it was about speculation about Bradshaw possibly going to the Dolphins.......I think everybody has given their point on that matter....

Could we move along please....

Giants ask Jacobs to restructure contract....I don't think he'll go for it...I'd be surprised if Bradshaw remains a Giant, unless Jacobs concedes a little bit....It don't sound like he's too interested....It'd be a shame for the Giants to lose Bradshaw because of a bum deal made with Jacobs a couple years back...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/07/27/reports-giants-ask-brandon-jacobs-to-restructure-contract-need-cap-room-for-ahmad-bradshaw/

Dolphins have withdrawn from talks with Bradshaw, apparently he wanted them to offer a little more $$.

Still has several teams interested, waiting to see what happens with Jacobs restructuring his contract. Giants are trying to free up some $$...

Now this...http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6808226/new-york-giants-make-offer-re-sign-ahmad-bradshaw?campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Edited by futbolking