Bdd 2011

redtiger

With Grundy comming into the district this season the BDD should be pretty interesting!

This is how I see things,

Grundy - Lost alot but should be ok. The transfers will hurt alot

Honaker - ? Always solid but I dont know much about what they have comming back

Hurley - The transfers should help but probably wont be as good as last season

Haysi - Another hard year but the Tigers should be ok. Lost alot but the replacements

should fill in nicely

Twin Valley - Poor TV, maybe things will be better this season. I feel like they will be better but still not good.

As far as how the district will shake out, right now I will say TV #5 and 1-4 is a toss up.

Edited by redtiger

Don't know much about Grundy, but with transfer talk I'm going with:

1. Honaker

2. Hurley

3. Grundy

4. Haysi

5. Twin Valley

It feels wrong putting Haysi #4, but this is just a gut feeling. One thing I feel confident about is that it's not just a two team race any more. It wouldn't surprise me if any of the first four won the district.

Is it true about the possibility of TV not having a team?

I can support that list. The difference between 1 and 4 may not be much. I like to think Haysi will be better than that but there will be several players that will have to come along quickly for Haysi to have a chance at the District title.

The transfers move Grundy out of 1st and Hurley up from 4th in my mind. Like I said before I have no idea what Honaker has comming back but I expect they will be solid

I havent heard anything about TV not having a team but it wouldnt suprise me, their #s have always been low.

Edited by redtiger

I can support that list. The difference between 1 and 4 may not be much. I like to think Haysi will be better than that but there will be several players that will have to come along quickly for Haysi to have a chance at the District title.

The transfers move Grundy out of 1st and Hurley up from 4th in my mind. Like I said before I have no idea what Honaker has comming back but I expect they will be solid

I havent heard anything about TV not having a team but it wouldnt suprise me, their #s have always been low.

Grundy would not have been in 1st anyway. Honaker did not lose much and will proab be the favorite in the BDD.....

Its hard to compete with 480 kids and 50 on the sidelines

Grundy would not have been in 1st anyway. Honaker did not lose much and will proab be the favorite in the BDD.....

Yeah...I heard that HUGE kid from Honaker last year is headed to Bluefield College....Overheard some of the BC folks talking about him at the recent all star game....Mike Compton was watching that game pretty intensely...

Honaker has had some really decent teams in the past....the year they had Heath Miller and lost to Floyd County by 1 point in the regionals was an awesome team....Floyd had an awesome team that year, (Josh Spence)too however and blew it in the finals against Madision County....who also happened to have a very good running back who went on to play at Pitt...

Does Grundy have 480 kids? I think the rest of the teams are below 400 while Honaker hovers around the 400 mark.

I would say Honaker, Hurley, Grundy, Haysi, TV.

Does Grundy have 480 kids? I think the rest of the teams are below 400 while Honaker hovers around the 400 mark.

Hurley just has 183

Tv is around 220

Haysi is around 280

Grundy has 400 plus

Honaker has 400 plus

I think I would have to go with Honaker on top also.

Good returning team. They always have size and also always play with a lot of heart ! I know they have been working very hard in the weight room this year too ! ( they are my 2nd favorite team after Richlands so I may be a little biased )

I think you could throw Grundy, Hurley, and Haysi in together as they may be pretty even.

I may be more inclined to give Hurley the nod with the transfers coming in.

That district is gonna be more wide open now with Grundy in the mix.

http://www.russell.k12.va.us/hhs/Old%20Website/Football/Football.Roster.08.htm

According to this they lost 11 seniors, several are listed as RBs, as well as several linemen. and their QB. I dont know how many were starters but that sounds like alot to lose to me.

Edited by redtiger

Grundy should top the 400 mark, but 480 may be stretching it...

ADM's from 4 months ago...

Hurley - 183

Twin - 225

Haysi - 285

Honaker - 390

Grundy - 481

The Sept. #s are used for the 2013 realignment.

Eastside's #s will also be used for Divisional placement (Union & Central are nowhere close to Div. 1 #s.)

Edited by VHSLhelper

Look at the year....2008.

My bad. If you look at the website it says 2010 all over it; Games 2010, awards 2010. I still should have paid more attn

Edited by redtiger

just to let y'all know. Honaker has RB Jerod Honaker, QB Ty Hall, most of the o-line/d-line, TE Jeremiah Dye, and FB Tyler Bailey.

So Honaker will be a runing team this season? Big suprise there. Thanks for the info

Edited by redtiger

pretty much. Honaker is still gonna try to use the 2 QB system, but the problem is that if they do try to use 2 qb system, they need to work with 1 of the 2 sophomore qbs that was on the roster last year. in all though, more running than passing this year

I think it will be

1) Honaker

2) Hurley

3) Haysi

4) Grundy (if Rowe, Compton, and Plymal were coaching they would be higher)

5) Twin Valley

If they were coaching, I doubt all of their players would be transfering