Who Transferred from Bluefield to Richlands

Blu_Man

Heard someone discussing a kid from Bluefield who transferred to Richlands. They said he was running with first team in drills. Some tall, lanky kid. They said people were not impressed when they saw him play for Bluefield in the 7on 7s. They may be mistaken, just curious if it were true.

I had heard that the school board had passed a rule that if you transfered within the county (Tazewell) you had to set out a year.

I hope that applies to all sports, I'm tired of this crap of kids transferring to another school to play certain sports. Or because their parents don't like the coach.

Heard someone discussing a kid from Bluefield who transferred to Richlands. They said he was running with first team in drills. Some tall, lanky kid. They said people were not impressed when they saw him play for Bluefield in the 7on 7s. They may be mistaken, just curious if it were true.

Any kid from the 3rd string of Bluefields team would become an allstar at Richlands and start at any position he chooses! That is why I understand people at Bluefield not being impressed with him and those at Richlands thinking him the best thing since sliced bread! LOL! Most know that Richlands could not carry Bluefields SLOP BUCKET!:p

I am sorry but I could not resist posting that!:D I am only kidding! :p:D

I hope that applies to all sports, I'm tired of this crap of kids transferring to another school to play certain sports. Or because their parents don't like the coach.

It's a two way street though. What if a kid is forced to transfer due to family relocation or parents accepting a new job. You can't readily punish them for that.

Personally I see no issue with this. It happens all the time or at least it used to happen all the time at Graham and Bluefield. Kids going from Bluefield to Graham, of from Graham to Bluefield. Most recent acquisition being Bluefield getting Will Cole from Graham. I think as long as the parents are willing to re locate to the area that would allow their kids to play at whatever school it should be ok. As long as there was no recruiting done to bring him to Richlands from Bluefield I would have no issue and don't think many people should have an issue either. Yeah losing certain key players may not be good for your team but it happens.

Agree with that completely and that's what I was thinking but it all could have been talk so I was just wondering if there was any truth to it.

It's a two way street though. What if a kid is forced to transfer due to family relocation or parents accepting a new job. You can't readily punish them for that.

Agree there as well I know that if people move that's one thing but it has got to be to common with players going to other schools and I would say the same if it was a player coming to us. Not to be too political but make it like the NCAA and have justified reasons that you wouldn't have to sit out a year.

I am going to assume his last name is Gleason. So I haven't heard the name, don't know much about him or what class he is in.

His name is DJ Flack. He is a junior I believe and saw alot of action in mop up duty last season. He is very quick and should be a great addition to Richland's secondary. Bluefield will be fine without him though. Best of luck to DJ!

Agree with that completely and that's what I was thinking but it all could have been talk so I was just wondering if there was any truth to it.

Agree there as well I know that if people move that's one thing but it has got to be to common with players going to other schools and I would say the same if it was a player coming to us. Not to be too political but make it like the NCAA and have justified reasons that you wouldn't have to sit out a year.

Why is it anybody's business other than the parents and child where they go to school and play sports if they live in that area?

Actually, that's a painful blow for Bluefield...he did get a lot of mop-up duty last season and projected to be a contributor this season...and with the lack of experience returning this year for the Beavers...OUCH...

I think DJ will definitely help the 'naders...another weapon in the arsenal....

His grandfather is Dr. Jim Gleason and played football for Coach Ernie Hicks @ Richlands, in the fifties. I remember watching him play, as a very fast running back. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Cristi Gleason is his mother and was an outstanding basketball player @ Richlands.

Edited by Irishman