America reacts...

GMan

Shortly after President O'bama started speaking this afternoon, the stock market was at 11,393. It closed two hours later at 10,812...a drop of 581 points after the President opened his mouth...

Do you think Americans still have faith in our President???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Variable
Shortly after President O'bama started speaking this afternoon, the stock market was at 11,393. It closed two hours later at 10,812...a drop of 581 points after the President opened his mouth...

Still? There would have to be an initial point of faith to ask whether I still had it.

Listening to the liberal chiefs this weekend use their soundbytes that say absolutely nothing comes straight out of "Atlas Shrugged".

Haters gonna hate. In my opinion, Obama > Bush, McCain, Palin, TeaBaggers. Could be worse.

I know, I know, fire ignited, let me hear it. Sadly, we don't all see the world through the same conservative, fear mongering, FoxNews lenses as you do GMan. :)

Haters gonna hate. In my opinion, Obama > Bush, McCain, Palin, TeaBaggers. Could be worse.

I know, I know, fire ignited, let me hear it. Sadly, we don't all see the world through the same conservative, fear mongering, FoxNews lenses as you do GMan. :)

The only way it could be worse is if we were in a depression...which, BTW, could still happen...

The only way it could be worse is if we were in a depression...

I've been in a depression since Prince stopped making music.

Its really hard for me to blame one individual or even one party for our current state of affairs. To screw up our economy this badly took a smorgasbord collection of unsavvy and unethical d-bags over a long period of time.

Things will get better. You don't have to put your faith in the President or even in politics for that matter, but things will eventually get better.

I've been in a depression since Prince stopped making music.

Its really hard for me to blame one individual or even one party for our current state of affairs. To screw up our economy this badly took a smorgasbord collection of unsavvy and unethical d-bags over a long period of time.

Things will get better. You don't have to put your faith in the President or even in politics for that matter, but things will eventually get better.

but it is not hard for the left and dem. to blame everyone else but themselves for this problem. with cnn and the main stream media in their pocket they are using fear to sway voters to keep them in office. i myself do not want my taxes to go up i already pay way to much but what i pay i am ok with if they do not go up more. but at the same time the 40 % of the people who do not pay taxes should also pay their fair share as i do. i see every day people getting ssdi who have not worked a day in their life and my state taxes are paying for their care and they have money to spend on junk. and this is just from my job that i see this. and they brag about how working people are paying for their care and money.

I agree that the President did nothing to inspire confidence with his words today. The situation is still an example of what will happen if you give a politician a surplus. In ten years, they have cut taxes and increased spending at the same time. Both parties get a share of the responsibility.

It is now past time for both parties to stop grandstanding and work for the best of the people. Screw the parties, they are a huge part of the problem.

Guest The Variable

My oh my have we led a sheltered life.

Sadly, we don't all see the world through the same conservative, fear mongering, FoxNews lenses as you do GMan. :)

Oh, forgot to mention...I watched the O'bama (de)presser on CNN...

Guest The Variable
Are you kidding me?

My thoughts exactly...right after you called me a tea bagger. I dont refer to you as deucheswild simply because I think some of your political leanings are a bit ignorant. I dont call you a communist because you dont believe in small government. It occurs to me that if you feel that way, that everyone who agrees with that ideology must be X then its the product of either a sheltered existance or downright deceit. I gave you the bene.

Edited by The Variable

Whenever Obama tries to rally the country, I am reminded of the Simpsons episode where Homer keeps talking and digging a bigger hole for himself and Apu is screaming, "Shut up! Shut up! I can't believe you won't shut up!"

post-336-137723137981_thumb.jpg

My thoughts exactly...right after you called me a tea bagger. I dont refer to you as deucheswild simply because I think some of your political leanings are a bit ignorant. I dont call you a communist because you dont believe in small government. It occurs to me that if you feel that way, that everyone who agrees with that ideology must be X then its the product of either a sheltered existance or downright deceit. I gave you the bene.

Show me where I called you a teabagger. I never once attacked you personally, which is what you're trying to do now and its frankly not the way you want to defend your definition of "ignorant".

Edited by deuceswild

Guest The Variable

Show me where I called you a teabagger. I never once attacked you personally, which is what you're trying to do now and its frankly not the way you want to defend your definition of "ignorant".

Quote shown. That is a slur directed at people in the tea party, which I am. Thus it became a personal attack.

Quote shown. That is a slur directed at people in the tea party, which I am. Thus it became a personal attack.

Your idea of a personal attack is fishy. I did not say "Hey The Variable, way to be a TeaBagger!!"

Nevertheless, I'll admit wrongdoing.

People throw around Democraps and Republican'ts all the time and I don't get all bent over it but to you sir, I sincerely apologize for having offended you. That was in no way directed toward YOU personally. Just a retort to good ol'G-Man in a not so brash nature as it probably came across to you.

So if I offended you in anyway, as I apparently did, I do apologize. I view you as an extreme intellectual with opposing viewpoints. I respect those viewpoints and in no way was insenuating that you or the Tea Party were ignorant or inept. It was my failed attempt at being comical and for the record, I've never met a "Tea Partier" before. I'm glad to finally know one!

Guest The Variable
Your idea of a personal attack is fishy. I did not say "Hey The Variable, way to be a TeaBagger!!"

Nevertheless, I'll admit wrongdoing.

People throw around Democraps and Republican'ts all the time and I don't get all bent over it but to you sir, I sincerely apologize for having offended you. That was in no way directed toward YOU personally. Just a retort to good ol'G-Man in a not so brash nature as it probably came across to you.

So if I offended you in anyway, as I apparently did, I do apologize. I view you as an extreme intellectual with opposing viewpoints. I respect those viewpoints and in no way was insenuating that you or the Tea Party were ignorant or inept. It was my failed attempt at being comical and for the record, I've never met a "Tea Partier" before. I'm glad to finally know one!

Look, my point was, dont say it if you dont mean it. I was almost more offended you grouped the tea party in with McCain [technical foul]. People who have to use dumb plays on names like faux news or libtards make themselves look stupid...incredibly so. You arent stupid, you are downright hilariously clever in my opinion so when it comes from you, it sounds like an intentional slam against people who you admittedly dont even know. To my own admission, I probably mistook banter between you and Gman and took it too personally. It was a matter of respect.

BTW, I dont dress in powdered wigs either.

Don't know about you guys but this is how I reacted today...

Bought a certain stock at a 52-week low this morning ($26.34), stock went up $3.39/share, made almost 13% on my investment today!!!

Suckers...