Anyone else hear this????

GMan

from the BDT...

FOOTBALL

BLUEFIELD — GoDanRiver.com has disclosed that former Graham football coach Doug Marrs is now an assistant coach at Reidsville High School in North Carolina.

I heard that Doug Marrs has landed at Reidsville (NC) High School as an assistant coach...

Confirmation, anyone????

It's true. At least he has much shorter drive to chapel hill now.

I don't know if they play them this year or not but looking at the teams that his new team plays.... They should be playing Graham High.... of NC. Rather humorous if I do say so myself... Would be even more funny if GHS out there beat them.... Just saying.

"Robertson also made former offensive lineman and volunteer coach Phillip McLaughlin a full-time assistant coach and hired Doug Marrs, a former head coach from Virginia who has 32 years of experience."

32 years of experience.....wow....You'd think that somebody with that kind of background would be able to make a positive contribution.....especially coaching under a legend like Carlock.

I overheard a couple of guys talking to each other "when Doug is leaving for North Carolina" a couple of weeks ago in the pro shop during a rain delay. Doug was sitting under an umbrella on the deck waiting out the storm.

Guest lookoutmountain

Regarding Graham High of North Carolina, they WILL NOT beat Reidsville. Reidsville is the second winningest fooball school in the state of North Carolina by total wins second only to Richmond County/Rockingham. Reidsville is a AA powerhouse and the owner of 18 state titles in its history. They put a serious beating on Gretna about 5 years ago in Gretna's good years.

Looking at NCPreps it looks as though Reidsville has done quite well since 2004. Looks like they have 2 state runners-up a couple state championships and have made the playoffs every year. Like lookout said a state power house.

Looking at NCPreps it looks as though Reidsville has done quite well since 2004. Looks like they have 2 state runners-up a couple state championships and have made the playoffs every year. Like lookout said a state power house.[/quote

Not for long. The village just got a new idiot.

Looking at NCPreps it looks as though Reidsville has done quite well since 2004. Looks like they have 2 state runners-up a couple state championships and have made the playoffs every year. Like lookout said a state power house.[/quote

Not for long. The village just got a new idiot.

Tee hee....

Regarding Graham High of North Carolina, they WILL NOT beat Reidsville. Reidsville is the second winningest fooball school in the state of North Carolina by total wins second only to Richmond County/Rockingham. Reidsville is a AA powerhouse and the owner of 18 state titles in its history. They put a serious beating on Gretna about 5 years ago in Gretna's good years.

Ok sorry I miss read this article/blog from the coach. The title of the blog was Graham (a blog from last season) and the opening started out with

"This is the first time writing you after a loss on Friday night. We were beaten by a football team that was just better than us that night. They deserved to win the game. They will be a team that will be hard for anyone to beat the rest of the year."

After I saw just that part I started laughing for the multiple reasoning being, A. I thought it was funny that Coach Marrs coming from Graham High, VA and will be playing Graham High, NC was rather ironic? B. Just the simple fact that I didn't read further into it and realized that further down it did say that our next week game was against Graham (NC). SO yes my bad on not fulling reading the blog from the coach. But the point that I was really going at was that I thought it was funny Coach Marrs was going from a Graham High to a school that he would still be playing a Graham High...

I would just have to wonder if in the back of his mind when "his" team is playing Graham High (NC), that he wished it was the one he just left and had so many people not really diggin him as a coach.