Gate City @ Richlands

Nadoball

One week away from this very good muchup in week 1. Last season the Blues got the better of GC at Legion, are we in store for a repeat or can GC come to Ernie Hicks and pull out a win? This ought to be a very good game and sight un seen I will go with the Blues in a close win. Turnovers could be the decision in this one.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be just as all the games between these 2 are.........hard hitting ! I don't know a lot about the Devils this year but both schools lost some good athletes and football players.

I'll give the blues ( I know......real shocker coming from somebody that goes by BigRHSfan....LOL ! ) a slight advantage just because it is being played at Ernie, but it should be a great game !

Scoring will probably be low since both will probably be running the ball more then they will be throwing it, although I think the blues will still be able to pass some. Maybe not be able to stretch the field as much as last year though.

Good game to start the season off with !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Guest bigdaddyd50

GC will have to get the ball rolling on D or it will get ugly. Hard to say that but its true... Offense is killer but D wont wrap up and a kid like Johnson you cant just arm tackle

It sounds like the Blues are going to depend more on the running game this season. Gate City loves that. I think we're going to see a smash mouth grind it out battle into the fourth quarter...hopefully then the Blues will begin to pull away. Strictly a homer prediction mind you. I have seen neither team play.

Devon is alot bigger this year and is going to be hard to stop on both sides of the ball. He is alot more focused this year as with alot of other players as well. The team is alot healthier than this time last year also.

Richlands Rolls

I think with the Blues being more ball control this year, we will see a lower scoring game, but in the end I feel the Blues will come out on top! I love how the Blues have filled so many holes with up coming kids, signs of a good program. Everyone seems to feel Devon sets the tone for how the team this year plays, not taking anything away from him as he is a great athlete, but Richlands has more talent than just him. I feel what Devon can't do, the rest of the Blues will do what they need to walk away with a RHS win at Earnie Hicks Stadium. The war is won in the trenches, and if Blue do what they did at Bassett, we will see a great ball game. I predict Blues 24 Gate City 7. We will see more of the power game Richlands possesses.

Richlands & Gate City both lost alot of senior starters. But both teams never seem to rebuild, only reload. I have alot of respect for Gate City, great coaching staff and fans. Should be the game of the week in SWVA. Richlands 34-14

yeah ball control was what they did friday 44 0. I've seen both richlands twice from what i saw richlands by 28. gc just has alot more growing to do than the blues seemed to have but thasts why they play it on the field.

I think the loss of Vaughn for GC will be a big factor...I dont know who they will get to fill his shoes on either side of the ball.

vaughn was maybe 65% last year at the first game.dusty clark did not play,so this will be a none factor.if they had been healthy or would have played at all we would have scored.we still would not have won. that being said,i say gate city 21 richlands 17.

Guest bigdaddyd50

GC has that bad taste in their mouths from last years shutout. On paper Richlands has us beat. But thats why you play the game. GC will take a full qtr to drive the field and score. Cant score if you dont have the ball Richland fans. :) go big ROYAL blue.