Thoughts on Graham

GHS89

no one said it was ok but it showed that a team that had lacked emotion finally had that and cared about what they showed on the field. also we do pay to use the field taz does not. if they damaged the locker it will be fixed by ghs. taz i doubt did fix it.

My intentions here was not to stir up a hornet's nest on who pays what. I just remember the posts (from g-men faithful} had to do with Wyatt had lost control of his team after an emotional game. I found it ironic that it was kind of cast aside by everyone as a good thing. By the way it is my understanding that tcsb pays for that right for GHS to use the stadium. "Just saying"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most glaring problem is lack of size...period...and you can't coach size...

Also, considering what they weren't taught over the last several years (block, tackle), the learning curve for most of these kids is going to be steep...especially when going up against larger (physically) opponents...

DING DING DING, WE HAVE A WINNER!

I swear, do some people just refuse to recognize this?

Edited by UVAObserver

My intentions here was not to stir up a hornet's nest on who pays what. I just remember the posts (from g-men faithful} had to do with Wyatt had lost control of his team after an emotional game. I found it ironic that it was kind of cast aside by everyone as a good thing. By the way it is my understanding that tcsb pays for that right for GHS to use the stadium. "Just saying"

yes and the taxes from blfd va residence and all other county residences pay for its use along with upkeep on the field at tazewell and all other school related things. no one said it was ok if the kids broke something in the locker room just the oposite. they should have to pay to fix it. but what was said was in years past there was no emotion on this team at all.when they lost it was oh ok. it is different at ghs now. but no damage will be tolerated by people in blfd va or ghs by players. we are just glad to see some emotion from these kids. but distructive behavior should be punished point blank. as for tazewell blfd va fans have no dog in the program to say well this shows excitement by the players. that is up to your fans. just like you have the right to complain if they did break something. but i would say no one on the tazewell side had much to say about it when and if it happened from taz. when ever you said it happened. point being no damage from anyone should be tolerated and wont be i feel. but kids at ghs showing emotion over a loss is fine as long as it is kept in check.

The Graham football team did not do that. It was done either Saturday or Sunday when the games were played there. That was told to me by someone in the know.

ok but either way i dont think it would be tolerated by any school if their team did that to a locker room. i dont think coach williams would tolerate this either.

i have no love for graham, but they are on the right track, building from the ground up. size is not the deciding factor. fundamentals! blocking and tackling. and then the intangible is the commitment of the players and coaching staff. i like the comment rome wasnt built in a day... it may not surface this year or next... but with the commitment of the program and community, the positives are the measuring stick instead of the negatives. im a beaver, but hope to see the pride build at graham.

I was impressed by Coach Williams giving credit to his assistant and players for the win. Good to see the G-Men actually make an adjustment and win. Sure is a difference from Marrs/Jones.

the adjustments at half almost remind me of how coach carlock would do. something not working in first half go in at half time make adjustments and come out and be a different looking team. bodes well for ghs having coach williams

I was impressed by Coach Williams giving credit to his assistant and players for the win. Good to see the G-Men actually make an adjustment and win. Sure is a difference from Marrs/Jones.

Yes...and he's not afraid to play the youngsters. I think he knows that it'll take time to fix the problems...getting those young kids in now and getting them experience will pay off in a couple years.