John S. Battle !!!!!

Big Orange 1

Congrats to JSB for defeating their long time nemesis Va. High. I know some people who went and they all said it was a very special night on Battle Hill. This one will never be forgotten by the Trojan faithful. JSB is a young team, and finally have that Bearcat monkey off their back. 2-0 with 8 to go.

Way to go Trojans.

JSB 21

VHS 6

Yes. Congrats Trojans! Not affliated with the school in any way but happy to see them win this one.

How good are they? What's a realistic goal for this team this season?

I noticed in the BHC preseason coachs poll, one coach gave them a first place vote for the CMD title. I chuckled at that when i saw it. Maybe they are a contender?

Yes. Congrats Trojans! Not affliated with the school in any way but happy to see them win this one.

How good are they? What's a realistic goal for this team this season?

I noticed in the BHC preseason coachs poll, one coach gave them a first place vote for the CMD title. I chuckled at that when i saw it. Maybe they are a contender?

It's really kinda hard to tell at this point. You have GC who is 0-2, but have played two very good teams. VHS romped Abingdon last week, JSB beat them. Lee lost late to Union last week, who almost upset Richlands last night. Don't know much about Lebanon. The CMD is up for grabs this year IMO.

I know it doesn't mean much right now since it's the beginning of the season, but going into week 3 WE'RE #1 IN THE CMD!!! lol. I'm saying Battle beats PH, Holston, and maybe Honaker to at least make it 5-5 this season. Really don't know what the other games will be like (we also have to play Lebanon, GC, and Lee for district and JI Burton and Abingdon for the rest). I'm hoping we do much better than 5-5, but worst case that's the least we should go IMO.

Battle stands a much better chance of beating Lebanon than Honaker

I agree Honakers looking pretty goood.sure they havent forgotten about the mistake that got them beat on battle hill last year.Always been one of my favorite places to travel too.lot of good friendly folks down there and always a good game.

The officials in that game must have been from Carrol County. We had three (3!) touchdowns called back. We wuz robbed

Come on "V-Cats" you must give credit were it is due even if it hurts. When you can't make the blocks you have no choice but to grab some cloth. IMO it could have been called more because it happend on every play.

First ever Clinch Mountain District Win and how long has it been since they beat VA High?

Usually when a trojan breaks there's not such a great reaction haha glad to see Trojans breaking the losing streak.....

They may even give Wright an extension... no Battle Coach gets a 2 year deal.... Hope he gets the money guaranteed!

It was a great win for Battle last night. They shut down the jet sweep play that VHS used so well against Abingdon the week before. The outside linebackers did great with containment and the defensive line lived in the VHS backfield.

By: Tim Hayes

Published: September 06, 2011

Bristol Herald Courier

excerpt:

BRISTOL, Va. –The list of high school football teams in Southwest Virginia that boast 2-0 records features the usual suspects. Richlands, George Wythe, Honaker, J.I. Burton, Rural Retreat and John Battle.

Wait a minute.

OK, that last team is better known as an unusual suspect.

For the rest of the story....http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/sep/06/prep-football-john-battle-roaring-start-ar-1287525/

This is my first time being back on here this year... Great to see the Trojans getting some wins early. Congratulations guys and keep it up.

EW

Good to see you Rock. It's good to have an Abingdon supporter on here that doesn't sound like a nut case. :)