Patrick County @ Richlands!

Nadoball

I too saw #5 get the "hook" and leave the field. Later, there was a #5 on the field on sp. teams , however, it did not look like the same kid to me . I commented to the person beside me it didn't look like the same player though he was wearing #5. I could be wrong ...

Can a HS team have two players wearing the same number but just not on the field at the same time???

I too saw #5 get the "hook" and leave the field. Later, there was a #5 on the field on sp. teams , however, it did not look like the same kid to me . I commented to the person beside me it didn't look like the same player though he was wearing #5. I could be wrong ...

Can a HS team have two players wearing the same number but just not on the field at the same time???

Could be. I was thinking they looked different. Different builds. Maybe even different races, not to be racist, just hard to see from up there. I know you can in college. Tech used to have 2 #2s.

Patrick County may in fact be the worst AA school in the state. I have thought for a number of years that they need a coaching change down there.

One of the worst teams in the state year in and year out in any division......

My official prediction: Richlands: Whatever they want to put on the scoreboard

Patrick Co: Whatever Richlands wants to give them...

here's this Martinsville Bulletin excerpt this morning....

Patrick County (0-3) at Richlands (4-0)

Patrick County coach Brad Dalton knew this week’s road game at Richlands would be one of the toughest on the schedule. And that was before his quarterback went down with an injury.

Backup QB Jonathan Goad will make his first varsity start for PCHS tonight when the Cougars travel to face last year’s state runner-up.

“(Goad) took a few snaps in the North Stokes game and took some in the Staunton River game,†said Dalton. “He’s probably got maybe a quarter under his belt. Maybe.â€

Not the ideal scenario for an upset.

Despite graduating a large portion of their starters from last year’s team, the Blue Tornado have outscored the competition 131-56 so far this year.

“They just manhandle you. They can run it, and they can throw it,†Dalton said of Richlands, which uses spread and shotgun looks. “They’ve been running that system now for seven or eight years. They plugged in some new starters this year, and it’s just same-old, same-old for them.â€

RHS boasts plenty of size along the offensive line and a tailback who has committed to play at Marshall, according to Dalton.

On defense, Richlands puts six or seven players near the line of scrimmage and puts the rest in zone coverages over the top, depending on the down and distance.

“They’re not a big blitzing team, but they force you into mistakes,†Dalton said. “It’s hard to run the football against them.â€

The Cougars may air it out more than normal with Goad, who Dalton said has shown potential in practice this week.

PCHS will be considered a heavy underdog as they make a long bus trip to play on Richlands’ turf, where the atmosphere is college-like.

“I told the kids they’ve got to look at it as an opportunity. They’re going to a place that has better facilities than a lot of small colleges,†Dalton said. “We’re trying to build on a couple positives from last week and go from there. That’s about all we can do.â€

PCHS Injuries: Brian Drewery (QB, mild concussion, out); Devin Merriman (LB/OL, foot) is out for this game but has been cleared to fully participate in practice next week. ... Notes: PCHS is 0-2 all-time against Richlands, and the teams have never met in the regular season. ... Last year: Did not play. ... Last week: Richlands 38, Pulaski Co. 21; Staunton River 42, PCHS 7.

I'd say that's pretty accurate. Lol.

Yea man, I'd say so.. I been going there for years.. and sometimes I still take a look around and think man this place is going nuts!Not sure how visitors feel about it, but its a bit insane at times.

cburg beat floyd 49-0 most points scored by half and floyd scored 62 on patrick. thi is gonna be bad no ugly real ugly. richlands might break state scoring record what ever that is? 83-0 blue tornado.

I think it will get ugly fast, but I don't think the Virginia scoring record will be in trouble though. Coach Mance will not let it get that bad. We could see high 50's and maybe even low 60's but he will take out most if not all his starters after half time and maybe even at the end of the 1st to try to prevent any unnecessary injuries and also to not embarrass Patric Co. IMHO anyway.

I heard that they only have like 30 kids dressing and they are horrible Richlands should pull the starters by half way through the second quater then 9th and 10th graders should play good luck and enjoy the game. also look for alot of flags from our friends tonight so the game does not get to far out of hand. Richlands could put up tripple digets on them if they choose i'm talking 100. lets give the zebras a break tonight we will need there help later on down the line.

Yea man, I'd say so.. I been going there for years.. and sometimes I still take a look around and think man this place is going nuts!Not sure how visitors feel about it, but its a bit insane at times.

I know what ya mean. I was watching a video from 2004. The Salem game. And it's just sooooo much different now. It's crazy to think back. Makes me realize how blessed we are here in Richlands to have all we do.

cburg beat floyd 49-0 most points scored by half and floyd scored 62 on patrick. thi is gonna be bad no ugly real ugly. richlands might break state scoring record what ever that is? 83-0 blue tornado.

Doubt it... Mance doesn't do that.

10/31/70 - Hurley 102, Mullens, Ky. - 0