Cuse and Pitt to ACC?

Ryan4VT

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it panning out about 187,000 different ways with all the talk going around.

To me, if true, it's not suprising that those two want out. The way the Big East has been set up for football and then for all other sports is crazy. It was only a matter of time before something happened. Plus, it hurts revenue sharing for the schools that play football.

Unless something unforeseen occurs it appears that Syracuse and Pitt are ACC bound. Rumors around this 'net late this afternoon now saying that Texas and Notre Dame are strong candidates to join the league very soon. I'll believe ND when I see it, but Texas has to make a move with the Big 12(10) falling apart. Adding Syracuse and Pitt from a basketball standpoint is huge for the conference and as such I'm very much in favor of the move. I'm just glad the conference is doing what's necessary to ensure its future.

Unless something unforeseen occurs it appears that Syracuse and Pitt are ACC bound. Rumors around this 'net late this afternoon now saying that Texas and Notre Dame are strong candidates to join the league very soon. I'll believe ND when I see it, but Texas has to make a move with the Big 12(10) falling apart. Adding Syracuse and Pitt from a basketball standpoint is huge for the conference and as such I'm very much in favor of the move. I'm just glad the conference is doing what's necessary to ensure its future.

If Pitt, Cuse, Texas, and Notre Lame all came to the ACC. Not only would that make the ACC more credible in football, but would that make them the basketball power league?

That likely won't include the ACC...

Not entirely true. Right now it's looking like WVU has a very good chance at being the 14th in the SEC but also is not out of the picture of joining the ACC.

Not entirely true. Right now it's looking like WVU has a very good chance at being the 14th in the SEC but also is not out of the picture of joining the ACC.

It's pretty true. Let's just say, there are about 4-5 schools higher on the pecking order that are better fits scholastically and athletically. WVU would rank right along NCSU in the bottom in terms of academia, and athletically, WVU adds little else besides football and basketball (notably: no lacrosse and very poor baseball). Personally, I'd love to see Navy and Texas join. In order of preference after that, Notre Dame, Louisville, then WVU.

Edited by UVAObserver

If the ACC allows either Texas or Notre Dame in, they are nuts!!!! Both of those schools want to call the shots...neither likes to be told how to do things (the main reason ND has been Indy forever and the main reason the Big 12 is almost history). Your only asking for problems with either of those two. The ACC powers that be should make it a stipulation that you can not have your own TV deal and/or network in order to join the Conference...

I would rather have WVu and anyone else other than ND or Texas join the ACC...

It's pretty true. Let's just say, there are about 4-5 schools higher on the pecking order that are better fits scholastically and athletically. WVU would rank right along NCSU in the bottom in terms of academia, and athletically, WVU adds little else besides football and basketball (notably: no lacrosse and very poor baseball). Personally, I'd love to see Navy and Texas join. In order of preference after that, Notre Dame, Louisville, then WVU.

highly ranked soccer teams that have defeated the likes of uva over last couple of years...don't worry wvu lands on their feet just fine

If the ACC allows either Texas or Notre Dame in, they are nuts!!!! Both of those schools want to call the shots...neither likes to be told how to do things (the main reason ND has been Indy forever and the main reason the Big 12 is almost history). Your only asking for problems with either of those two. The ACC powers that be should make it a stipulation that you can not have your own TV deal and/or network in order to join the Conference...

I would rather have WVu and anyone else other than ND or Texas join the ACC...

I don't want Texas and/or ND either

Personally, I'd like to secure UConn, if they can behave themselves, to further strengthen what is now the undisputed best basketball conference in America. If we must take Rutgers to land UConn then I can live with that; someone will have to finish last. Like most others, I would prefer not to get into bed with Notre Dame. There isn't a more overrated school in America.

Personally, I'd like to secure UConn, if they can behave themselves, to further strengthen what is now the undisputed best basketball conference in America. If we must take Rutgers to land UConn then I can live with that; someone will have to finish last. Like most others, I would prefer not to get into bed with Notre Dame. There isn't a more overrated school in America.

I've seen the UCONN/Rutgers rumors as well.

NYC is full of Syracuse and UCONN alum, so if that happened the ACC would pretty much poach the NYC market from the Big East. Needless to say, that would help the ACC out where it matters most: $$$$$.

Friday night I told a buddy of mine if the ACC was smart they would go after Pitt,Syracuse, UConn and WVU although I think the mountaineers go to the SEC. I think the issue of certain necessary sports will be overlooked because enough money is at stake to do so.

I've seen the UCONN/Rutgers rumors as well.

NYC is full of Syracuse and UCONN alum, so if that happened the ACC would pretty much poach the NYC market from the Big East. Needless to say, that would help the ACC out where it matters most: $$$$$.

UConn's much more desirable than Rutgers. Rutgers is extremely poor athletically, while UConn adds strong basketball and baseball programs. UConn is also better educationally. Rutgers is only better in terms of geography, and as you say, the ACC captures that area anyway if they add UConn.

I'd still like to see Navy. Get the integrity they carry, and believe me, a great many people care about the service academies.

As I understand it, Big 12 and ACC are the only conferences that don't share all athletic revenue. That is attractive to Texas based on the $300 million Longhorn Network contract it has with ESPN. Texas does not want to share that revenue with anyone. UCONN would be the other "perfect fit" for ACC to get to 16 teams. I think Rutgers and WVU would be added only after exhausting possibilities for Texas, Notre Dame or UCONN.

As I understand it, Big 12 and ACC are the only conferences that don't share all athletic revenue. That is attractive to Texas based on the $300 million Longhorn Network contract it has with ESPN. Texas does not want to share that revenue with anyone. UCONN would be the other "perfect fit" for ACC to get to 16 teams. I think Rutgers and WVU would be added only after exhausting possibilities for Texas, Notre Dame or UCONN.

Incorrect. Everyone in the ACC gets an equal revenue share...one of the big selling points for VT's move to the ACC...other than always wanting to be in the ACC.

The Big East does not share revenue equally...

Still saying that Louisville is a diamond in the rough that no one is really talking about. Would be a GREAT addition to both the SEC and the ACC.

What did I tell you about the Louisville-Kentucky game yesterday...:D