Got a question for the board

That was the second vehicle we had bought from that dealership in a 13-month period...bought the wife an Audi in 2010...

I can put a good word in if you're interested in a new vehicle...Duncan Audi/Acura in Roanoke. Ask for Scott Carder (Sales) or Jim Sanders (GM). Both purchases were the easiest, most pleasant experiences I've had in a car dealership...no hassles or hard sells. Scotts very laid back but will go out of his way to take care of his customers. Jim makes the paperwork a breeze. Service after the sale is quick and efficient too...Lynwood will take care of you in the service department.

Seconded. Duncan is good folks.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure an Audi is a little over my head price wise. I only bring home around 1200 a month.

I understand. I was in that same boat at one time...

However, the Audi is my wife's car...she's the one who brings in the big bucks...I call her my "sugar mama"...

I understand. I was in that same boat at one time...

However, the Audi is my wife's car...she's the one who brings in the big bucks...I call her my "sugar mama"...

Hahaha. Im on Duncans website now looking around at their pre-owned stuff. Im not 100% set on a Soul. I do still love my Mustang, so a newer Mustang would make me happy as well. Lol

Most of the time, you will get better rates through the dealership...significantly better if they have a special offer going.

BTW, on my last vehicle purchase, I got 0.0% for 60 months through the dealer, $1,500 more for my trade than what I was wanting/expecting (got $9,000), 10 year/200,000 mile warranty for free through the dealer, plus the vehicle was already marked down significantly (over $3,000...from over $38,000 to almost $35,000) from the sticker price. 2011 Acura RDX, loaded, with 6.2 miles on it.

Yeah I got my best rate at the dealership for my new Equinox I bought back in February but it still never hurts to check around because you never know.

Congrats on your last purchase! That's unheard of! I just might go to your dealership for my next purchase. Did they just want the car off of the lot or are they that easy to deal with? Plus you must have outstanding credit.

hell i don't think Scion's are "attractive"...but, I like it when gas is at $3.50 a gallon and 10 gallons fills it up and i'm good for 400 miles....vs. my Escape or full size Blazer where it's $70 - $100 to fill it up and it doesn't even go that far lol.

My car KBBs for 1850. Cole Kia is running a thing right now where they have the new Kia Soul that I want for 13,999. Im on my moms insurance currently though. And I have extremely limited credit. So the dealer is probably the only place that will fianance it for me.

Is that the 2011 base model? If so right now would be the best time to go over there because they are trying to get rid of the 2011s to make room for the 2012s. The dealer might be your best best bet. I did get my best rate through the dealership where I purchased my new equinox from.

Is that the 2011 base model? If so right now would be the best time to go over there because they are trying to get rid of the 2011s to make room for the 2012s. The dealer might be your best best bet. I did get my best rate through the dealership where I purchased my new equinox from.

Nope. Here is the ad.

http://www.colekia.com/new-specials/

It says 2012 Base models. So idk. I'm gonna go look at em on Friday.

Edited by Ryan4VT

hell i don't think Scion's are "attractive"...but, I like it when gas is at $3.50 a gallon and 10 gallons fills it up and i'm good for 400 miles....vs. my Escape or full size Blazer where it's $70 - $100 to fill it up and it doesn't even go that far lol.

my escape gets over 400 miles to a tank here but i dont have the mtns you guys have to deal with here in staunton either so that helps gas mileage for me. i love my escape best vehicle i have ever owned and i have has small cars to med cars and this is my second suv first was a used one from cole honda nissan a buick and it was not to bad but not great.

my escape gets over 400 miles to a tank here but i dont have the mtns you guys have to deal with here in staunton either so that helps gas mileage for me. i love my escape best vehicle i have ever owned and i have has small cars to med cars and this is my second suv first was a used one from cole honda nissan a buick and it was not to bad but not great.

yeah i love mine as well...mostly just use it to get around in the winter and drive the kids to school or when we go to Grundy or whatever and have to take the kids...has more room in it. It's a great vehicle...i get about 22 mpg in it avg around here just daily driving...get better on a trip.

Scion is just nice because its only got a 10 gallon tank and gets about 40 mpg just running around town...the way its geared you really get just as good MPG around town if you take it easy than you do on a trip. If they had a 6 speed tranny in them you could get high 40's on a trip easy I'm sure.

I don't know if you're dead set on a small car, but for what it's worth a friend of mine just bought a 4WD kia sorento SUV and is really impressed with it in all aspects ... if you were thinkin about a 4WD, you might wanna at least give it a glance..

Nope. Here is the ad.

http://www.colekia.com/new-specials/

It says 2012 Base models. So idk. I'm gonna go look at em on Friday.

According to Edmunds they're charging you $90 above the msrp price for the car. The invoice price is $13,600 and the true market value price for the car is $13666. So actually that sale price is around $324 more than what you should be paying for the car. After the destination fee and adjustment fee ( $13,666 +$750+$59 according to Edmunds)you should be paying $14475 instead of say $14,799. Anyway just want to make you aware and Good Luck!

According to Edmunds they're charging you $90 above the msrp price for the car. The invoice price is $13,600 and the true market value price for the car is $13666. So actually that sale price is around $324 more than what you should be paying for the car. After the destination fee and adjustment fee ( $13,666 +$750+$59 according to Edmunds)you should be paying $14475 instead of say $14,799. Anyway just want to make you aware and Good Luck!

Thanks for the info!!!! I never would have know otherwise lol.

Congrats on your last purchase! That's unheard of!

Thank you!

Did they just want the car off of the lot or are they that easy to deal with?

Easy to deal with, plus they were wanting to move vehicles during a slow time.

Plus you must have outstanding credit.

Surprisingly so...much better than I thought. By law, they must show you your credit score...it was a real eye-opener, in a good way...

And don't forget the 3% VA sales tax for motor vehicles.

I don't know if you're dead set on a small car, but for what it's worth a friend of mine just bought a 4WD kia sorento SUV and is really impressed with it in all aspects ... if you were thinkin about a 4WD, you might wanna at least give it a glance..

Im not really dead set on anything. Behind the Soul, my next pick would be a new Challenger or Mustang or Camaro. Dunno which I would like better. I'd be willing to pay a little more just to have the sports car. Since thats what I drive now, and what Im most comfortable in.

Test drove a 2011 Camaro this morning. Fell in love. Lol. Gonna go check out the Soul tomorrow and then decide what I want. I'd like to bring the Camaro home for a few days to see how it will do with gas to and from my work. But I guess I'll see what they say tomorrow.

Test drove a 2011 Camaro this morning. Fell in love. Lol. Gonna go check out the Soul tomorrow and then decide what I want. I'd like to bring the Camaro home for a few days to see how it will do with gas to and from my work. But I guess I'll see what they say tomorrow.

if you are driving to Grundy and back every day you should probably look at some sort of small 4x4 truck beater for about $2500 or so...that way when the fools on short's gap take you out it wont be so much of a loss lol.

if you are driving to Grundy and back every day you should probably look at some sort of small 4x4 truck beater for about $2500 or so...that way when the fools on short's gap take you out it wont be so much of a loss lol.

My thing is that if I'm going to fork out some money for a vehicle, I want a vehicle that I won't regret paying for. So I want something that I actually want. Im not afraid of the drive, Ive did it for over a year. Just want to check gas milage and such.

Best answer so far. Pay attention Ryan! Too much car payment can ruin your credit for life!

My thing is that if I'm going to fork out some money for a vehicle, I want a vehicle that I won't regret paying for. So I want something that I actually want. Im not afraid of the drive, Ive did it for over a year. Just want to check gas milage and such.

perhaps you missed my point...it's not how you drive, it's the crazy people going up Keen Mountain that will take you out lol.

A couple of years ago i was driving back towards Richlands and it was really bad, a lot of ice on the road...some idiot in a Grand Am was doing like 60 and ran off in to the median, passed a car in the median came out in front of that same car and hit the truck in front of him then bounced over and hit the truck beside of that guy (who i was following) and then went on off the road on the other side and rolled. Chain reaction started and somehow I drove through it all without getting touched...but it looked like bumper cars on 460...lol...craziest thing I've ever seen...pretty much every car in front of me, beside of me, and behind me...all the way around for about 6 cars any way you look wrecked but i drove right through it all no problem...was just lucky...it was like slow motion lol.

Also...trust me, if a Camaro is your only car...you will never make it...get the Camaro if that is what you want to do...or whatever...but get you a beater 4x4 to drive in the winter.

Another thing...its cool for about a year or so...but after that it gets really old working so that most of your paycheck goes to your car payment and then knowing you owe more on it than it's worth.

You get a $2500 - $4000 truck with 4x4 and pay it off in a year...then you can still probably sell it for what you have in it after you drive it for a few years.

It's hard to take advice when its not what you want to hear...but, if it were me that is what i would do...the more money you can save the better off you will be. Save up about $20k in the bank before you go trying to buy a new car. By the time you pay it off in 6 or 7 years you might have a family and want to get a house or something...you never know.

Also...trust me, if a Camaro is your only car...you will never make it...get the Camaro if that is what you want to do...or whatever...but get you a beater 4x4 to drive in the winter.

I'm not worried about getting to work in it. I've made it for 2 winters in my mustang with bald tires in snow. Its the payment that is making me hesitant.

I'm not worried about getting to work in it. I've made it for 2 winters in my mustang with bald tires in snow. Its the payment that is making me hesitant.

I'm not trying to sound arrogant, btw. But if all else fails in the winter, I have my grandfathers old Ford Bronco II. That thing will climb a tree.