Got a question for the board

He would have to pay me to take it. It has no AC. No radio. It's beat all to hell. I wouldn't take it if it was free. Lol

sounds like a good one...you kids and your fancy comfort contraptions.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Test drove a 2011 Camaro this morning. Fell in love. Lol. Gonna go check out the Soul tomorrow and then decide what I want. I'd like to bring the Camaro home for a few days to see how it will do with gas to and from my work. But I guess I'll see what they say tomorrow.

That was probably a mistake...I doubt the Soul will even compare to the Camaro. How much are the new Camaros? Seems like it would be quite a bit of price difference. You went from buying one of the cheaper cars on the market at $14000, because it was a good deal...to buying a pretty expensive sports car.

I personally think it would be a big mistake to take on a huge car payment on the monthly income that you mentioned earlier. In fact I would probably encourage you to buy a used car at this point, or better yet keep the car that you have until you have more expendable income or can save up enough to upgrade to a newer, used car.

You should also keep in mind that insurance on a brand new sports car for a young adult male will be pretty expensive...or at least I would imagine it would be.

My thing is that if I'm going to fork out some money for a vehicle, I want a vehicle that I won't regret paying for. So I want something that I actually want. Im not afraid of the drive, Ive did it for over a year. Just want to check gas milage and such.

I think you will end up regretting paying a big car payment every month more so then paying a reasonable car payment for car that you may not have wanted as much.

That was probably a mistake...I doubt the Soul will even compare to the Camaro. How much are the new Camaros? Seems like it would be quite a bit of price difference. You went from buying one of the cheaper cars on the market at $14000, because it was a good deal...to buying a pretty expensive sports car.

I personally think it would be a big mistake to take on a huge car payment on the monthly income that you mentioned earlier. In fact I would probably encourage you to buy a used car at this point, or better yet keep the car that you have until you have more expendable income or can save up enough to upgrade to a newer, used car.

You should also keep in mind that insurance on a brand new sports car for a young adult male will be pretty expensive...or at least I would imagine it would be.

Best post in the thread, IMO.

I test drove the Camaro just to drive it honestly. I don't plan on buying it, though it would be nice. I just don't have the money right now. The Soul, however, is very much in my price range. I checked insurance on several different cars yesterday and the Camaro was actually the cheapest. It really surprised me. Something about the Soul not meeting Geicos safety standards.

I just got off the phone with Cole Kia. After they put a new windshield in my car today I'm going up there to look at it and such.

It is not the Soul. But I just got a 2011 Kia Optima. I had a 2009 Kia Optima, but i just fell in love with the body style of the new Optima and had to have it :) same 2.4 engine but has 50 more horsepower!! makes my 09 look like a a granny car!!! LOL

I test drove the Camaro just to drive it honestly. I don't plan on buying it, though it would be nice. I just don't have the money right now. The Soul, however, is very much in my price range. I checked insurance on several different cars yesterday and the Camaro was actually the cheapest. It really surprised me. Something about the Soul not meeting Geicos safety standards.

I just got off the phone with Cole Kia. After they put a new windshield in my car today I'm going up there to look at it and such.

Ummmm...you should probably check with another insurance company. The Soul rates very high in safety. This is from the Soul's wikipedia article:

"Kia Soul earned Euro NCAP maximum five star safety rating.[7] In 2009, According to Euro NCAP, The five star safety rating places Kia Soul among the safest B-segment family cars in the world.[8] The Soul was awarded the maximum five star safety rating by the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP), but only on the New Zealand version. Australian versions get 4 out of 5 stars.[9] The Kia Soul awarded 'Top Safety Pick' from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in the US.[10]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Soul#Safety

Why are they putting a new windshield in it? Is it a new car?

Why are they putting a new windshield in it? Is it a new car?

I had to have a new windshield put in my Mustang today. Had a rock from a coal truck nail it. And I don't get off from work till 1 am. And when I ran my defrost it spiderwebed pretty bad. So had to have that done this morning

I had to have a new windshield put in my Mustang today. Had a rock from a coal truck nail it. And I don't get off from work till 1 am. And when I ran my defrost it spiderwebed pretty bad. So had to have that done this morning

Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant Cole Kia needed to put a new windshield in the Soul you were interested in.

That does remind me about one thing with the Soul. They (at least the 2010-11's) have a record for easily chipped windshields. Mine has already had two chips in the year I have had it and from what I have read online, I am not the only one. I would guess that it has something to do with the uprightness of the windshield, but it could just be cheap Korean glass or a combination of both.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant Cole Kia needed to put a new windshield in the Soul you were interested in.

That does remind me about one thing with the Soul. They (at least the 2010-11's) have a record for easily chipped windshields. Mine has already had two chips in the year I have had it and from what I have read online, I am not the only one. I would guess that it has something to do with the uprightness of the windshield, but it could just be cheap Korean glass or a combination of both.

Wish me luck. Heading up to Cole to see what I can get done. :)

Well...?

Nope. The Soul is just too small for me. Wayyyy too small. I did however stop at Cole Chevy and test drove a 2010 Mustang. 32000 miles. Want 18,900 for it. If I can get them down to 17-17,5000 I'll take it. I love my Mustang, and an upgrade to a 2010 would be fine by me. Plus, the car has been on the lot for a few months and they want rid of it due to the coming winter. And it's hard to sell a sports car in the winter. Lol.

Guest The Variable
Nope. The Soul is just too small for me. Wayyyy too small. I did however stop at Cole Chevy and test drove a 2010 Mustang. 32000 miles. Want 18,900 for it. If I can get them down to 17-17,5000 I'll take it. I love my Mustang, and an upgrade to a 2010 would be fine by me. Plus, the car has been on the lot for a few months and they want rid of it due to the coming winter. And it's hard to sell a sports car in the winter. Lol.

I had an 04 GT, owned it brand new with 12 miles on it. I sold it with 60k miles 2 years ago. I loved it, and tuned it to 300hp at the wheels with long tube headers. I got married and it got to be too small. I got a Magnum R/T now but I do not like how expensive it is. If they want 19k for that mustang, it better be a GT. If not, walk. Mustangs have the poorest resale value period. You can find V6s cheaper than that all day long.

However: gas mileage, payments, and insurance would all be lower if you got another car. Shop around and if you have a carmax nearby, wear them out test driving things. Before I got the GT, I was looking at a 350Z. I loved the 6 speed tranny and the feel of the car, but the GT was 10k less and only about 10-20 hp short, which I made up with 2k in mods. The GT also had a backseat (even though you and I both know thats really a conversation piece). When car buying, you are in complete control...there are literally tons of options as to which vehicle you can get.

I had an 04 GT, owned it brand new with 12 miles on it. I sold it with 60k miles 2 years ago. I loved it, and tuned it to 300hp at the wheels with long tube headers. I got married and it got to be too small. I got a Magnum R/T now but I do not like how expensive it is. If they want 19k for that mustang, it better be a GT. If not, walk. Mustangs have the poorest resale value period. You can find V6s cheaper than that all day long.

However: gas mileage, payments, and insurance would all be lower if you got another car. Shop around and if you have a carmax nearby, wear them out test driving things. Before I got the GT, I was looking at a 350Z. I loved the 6 speed tranny and the feel of the car, but the GT was 10k less and only about 10-20 hp short, which I made up with 2k in mods. The GT also had a backseat (even though you and I both know thats really a conversation piece). When car buying, you are in complete control...there are literally tons of options as to which vehicle you can get.

Its not a GT. Its a V6. Im extremely, extremely picky when it comes to cars. Had one of my mommaws coworkers offer me her Tiburon for 8000. It was an 09. I turned it down instantly. I just really find it hard for me to get excited about 95% of cars. Its just something about Mustangs for me. Ive had a fascination with them since I was a kid. So this car shopping process has been so frustrating for me, due to the fact that I really only like 5-6 vehicles.

Guest The Variable
Its not a GT. Its a V6. Im extremely, extremely picky when it comes to cars. Had one of my mommaws coworkers offer me her Tiburon for 8000. It was an 09. I turned it down instantly. I just really find it hard for me to get excited about 95% of cars. Its just something about Mustangs for me. Ive had a fascination with them since I was a kid. So this car shopping process has been so frustrating for me, due to the fact that I really only like 5-6 vehicles.

Looked at old fox bodies? and old 5.0? Lance was selling one a while ago.

Looked at old fox bodies? and old 5.0? Lance was selling one a while ago.

Ugliest Mustang ever. I can't stand the way those look. Lol.

Buy yourself a used Honda. They're all reliable and will run forever...gas mileage isn't too shabby either. You'll thank me for this...

I'm not in it for gas mileage. Lol. I haven't had a Honda yet that I would consider buying. Same with Toyota, Mitsubishi, Acura, etc.... This has been so hard to do lol. It's almost like finding a needle in a haystack...

Guest The Variable
Buy yourself a used Honda. They're all reliable and will run forever...gas mileage isn't too shabby either. You'll thank me for this...

Thats why I bought my WRX. Subarus last forever and handle great. Well I got the latter of that experience. The car was probably one of the best handling cars I have ever driven, and I used to be a track rat down at VIR. Engine blew up at 32000 miles, rod put a hole the size of my fist through the engine block. Car was only at 6 pounds of boost and it was the stock turbo. I replaced the engine and traded it in for the GT...and even though the GT was faster, the Suby was a much more fun car to drive.

Guest The Variable
Ugliest Mustang ever. I can't stand the way those look. Lol.

94-98 were the ugliest ever to me, the early F-bodies circa 1979 were pretty hideous.

89-93 were some of the best mustangs put on the market since the EPA destroyed muscle cars...and that 5.0 block was as solid as the vaunted LT-1 350.

94-98 were the ugliest ever to me, the early F-bodies circa 1979 were pretty hideous.

89-93 were some of the best mustangs put on the market since the EPA destroyed muscle cars...and that 5.0 block was as solid as the vaunted LT-1 350.

Can't beat a 69 fastback IMO. Lol. Though I do like the '10-'12 models they have came out with recently.

Thats why I bought my WRX. Subarus last forever and handle great. Well I got the latter of that experience. The car was probably one of the best handling cars I have ever driven, and I used to be a track rat down at VIR. Engine blew up at 32000 miles, rod put a hole the size of my fist through the engine block. Car was only at 6 pounds of boost and it was the stock turbo. I replaced the engine and traded it in for the GT...and even though the GT was faster, the Suby was a much more fun car to drive.

Subarus suck...Subaru's wet dream is to make a vehicle half as good as Honda...

Wait a second...which one is it?

Lol. I was waiting for someone to pull it up. My car is so old and needs so much replaced on it, its currently getting somewhere between 12-13 miles to a gallon. Any new car is going to exceed that. So gas milage is a concern, so long as the milage is more than 15 mpg lol. But my main focus is finding a car that Im proud of. lol. If I love the car, I'll be more likely to keep it and not try to trade it off in a few years.