Falcons vs trojans

smiley

Who is going to win the big rival game between these 2 ?

I think JSB wins this one. Although i do think it will be a close one. I cannot remember the last time Battle beat Abingdon. Anyone here know?

VHSL reference has Abingdon winning every game since 1999 and the last 8 times Abingdon has scored over 40 points against Battle.

It has been at least 18 years since JSB has won this one, maybe a few more. This one should be a good game. Of course I am biased, I am going to go Abingdon 31, JSB 17.

Give em heck Falcons! Will be there to watch this one go down.

Be safe everyone while traveling the roads tomorrow....

EW

I think JSB wins this one. Although i do think it will be a close one. I cannot remember the last time Battle beat Abingdon. Anyone here know?

VHSL reference has Abingdon winning every game since 1999 and the last 8 times Abingdon has scored over 40 points against Battle.

JSB hasn't won this one from 1994 until now and there maybe a few more years that Abingdon won as well...

It has been at least 18 years since JSB has won this one, maybe a few more. This one should be a good game. Of course I am biased, I am going to go Abingdon 31, JSB 17.

Give em heck Falcons! Will be there to watch this one go down.

Be safe everyone while traveling the roads tomorrow....

EW

Times are a changin..... I'll take Battle in this one.

I think I remember someone saying that last year's game was the 20th year in a row that AHS beat JSB. Not sure if that's true or not, but I'm pretty sure we haven't beaten AHS in a longer time than the VHS/JSB timespan.

Well the coachng staff had better do some things differently if AHS wants to win. Like, I don't know, play the 2 deep RB that has some power. Widener will need some air and when he does he needs to be relieved by someone with good power and decent speed. Pennings could be a great 3rd and short back, let alone an every down back. For some reason he hasn't got in the last couple of games and I am not privy as to why...but I hope he's back in Friday night. Until the politics stop in Abingdon they will never be a contender....heck, they aren't even a pretender at this point. I will predict an AHS win just because it's at home and, let's face it...I'm a homer.

I figured it would be a close one. Nailbiter at the end when we scored, but missed the PAT, then a heartbreaker in OT with that interception. Widener just ran all over us (btw, anyone know how Widener and Brisco are? Both got hurt tonight). It was also a pretty frustrating game to watch. The refs didn't cost us the game or give it to Abingdon, but they just sucked for both teams tonight. Seemed like every other penalty had to be reviewed, ball was moved at least once or twice because a penalty was wrong, and the chain gang was awful (really slow and wasn't even set up on some plays where the refs had blown the whistle to start). There was even one play where AHS got a penalty and it ended up being 1st (I think) and about 13. Before the play began, the chain gang moved the chains back to the down marker for some reason, making it first and 10 for AHS. Refs apparently didn't know what to do and after talking about it, just left it.

Anyway, enough ranting, just thought I'd get that off my chest. Congrats to Abingdon. Widener was a beast and that D line didn't give us much at all.

I figured it would be a close one. Nailbiter at the end when we scored, but missed the PAT, then a heartbreaker in OT with that interception. Widener just ran all over us (btw, anyone know how Widener and Brisco are? Both got hurt tonight). It was also a pretty frustrating game to watch. The refs didn't cost us the game or give it to Abingdon, but they just sucked for both teams tonight. Seemed like every other penalty had to be reviewed, ball was moved at least once or twice because a penalty was wrong, and the chain gang was awful (really slow and wasn't even set up on some plays where the refs had blown the whistle to start). There was even one play where AHS got a penalty and it ended up being 1st (I think) and about 13. Before the play began, the chain gang moved the chains back to the down marker for some reason, making it first and 10 for AHS. Refs apparently didn't know what to do and after talking about it, just left it.

Anyway, enough ranting, just thought I'd get that off my chest. Congrats to Abingdon. Widener was a beast and that D line didn't give us much at all.

Thomas is right on about the officiating in the game. Equally bad for both teams. Had to be the same crew that worked the JSB/VHS game last season. That was a mess too.

Battle looks to be a playoff team but will be one and done. However it is nice to see them making strides.

I think this game is proof that VHS losing to Battle was complete bull considering we owned Abingdon a few weeks ago. Still, credit to the Trojans whom I would've much preferred to see win instead of the whine and cheesers

I think this game is proof that VHS losing to Battle was complete bull considering we owned Abingdon a few weeks ago.

The same could be said about VAHigh beating TNHigh, VHS has pretty much sucked it up since beating THS.

just saying

Edited by redtiger

This was the most fun game that I have seen in a long time. Battle played great, it was good to see them turning things around.

Without a doubt, this was the most exciting game that I have seen. It definitely wasn't the highest scoring game. Great job by Abingdon's qb, runningback, and defense! All played an incredible game!

Great game Falcons!!! Keep it up next week guys!

The same could be said about VAHigh beating TNHigh, VHS has pretty much sucked it up since beating THS.

just saying

Playing Union and Radford to three point games and beating Chilhowie by 15 is hardly sucking it up

Thomas is right on about the officiating in the game. Equally bad for both teams. Had to be the same crew that worked the JSB/VHS game last season. That was a mess too.

Battle looks to be a playoff team but will be one and done. However it is nice to see them making strides.

I am with you guys on this. My dad is a VHSL official, and I called him after the game and told him the same thing. These guys were just terrible for both sides and had a heck of a time making a call, when they did a 5 minute conversation insued and it was obvious they were all confused. I am all for talking it out and making sure it is a right call, but the guys just could not get it together. Glad I was not the only one that noticed this.