Clintwood versus Grundy

wave316

The Green Wave play the Golden Wave at Grundy...Thoughts on this game. Grundy killed East Ridge 47-0 ..Clintwood defeats Buton 27-14.. Clintwood has a tenacious defense ... can Grundy score lots of points on a defense that limited Burton who was averaging close to 45 points per game to 14 points? Lance ..what's your thoughts?

The Green Wave play the Golden Wave at Grundy...Thoughts on this game. Grundy killed East Ridge 47-0 ..Clintwood defeats Buton 27-14.. Clintwood has a tenacious defense ... can Grundy score lots of points on a defense that limited Burton who was averaging close to 45 points per game to 14 points? Lance ..what's your thoughts?

tuff game for Grundy...if they play well like they have shown at times they can do, then they will give Clintwood a game. If they play like they have against Haysi and Lebanon and come out flat and not ready to hit hard and be hit...then it's going to get ugly fast. Clintwood will probably just line up and run it right up the gut on Grundy, I don't expect much more really...pass every now and then when needed.

Grundy is still not playing good football for 4 qtrs...and that scares me against a team like Clintwood because you can't just hang around close and try to get the win in the 4th. Even against East Ridge the score was 14-0 at the half...they should have had that game well put away by halftime. Grundy has been a second half team all year, this week they will have to play 4 and play hard to have a chance.

They have Clintwood, Mtn View, and Honaker left on the schedule...then probably a playoff game....it's the time of year where a young team has to grow up and start playing football...i've been saying "they are young" all year...well, that excuse for the lack of attention to detail they are showing is about over with...it's time to put the big boy pants on and play some ball now.

Clintwood just has too much for Grundy. The Greenwave Oline will destroy Grundys D. Green by alot. Hate to disagree w/ you Lance but even if Grundy play to the best of their potiental I dont think they can beat Clintwood.

Clintwood just has too much for Grundy. The Greenwave Oline will destroy Grundys D. Green by alot. Hate to disagree w/ you Lance but even if Grundy play to the best of their potiental I dont think they can beat Clintwood.

i've seen them play good enough to hang with about anyone around here in A ball...but, they just haven't done it for a full game. Could they do it? yes. Question is, will they do it???? If Clintwood has an off night, and Grundy plays well all night...stranger things have happened.

i've seen them play good enough to hang with about anyone around here in A ball...but, they just haven't done it for a full game. Could they do it? yes. Question is, will they do it???? If Clintwood has an off night, and Grundy plays well all night...stranger things have happened.

I just dont think Clintwood will have an off night and if they do they will just feed the ball to G. Meade like they did in the Union game. Their TB offtackle plays are very, very hard to stop. But you are right, stranger things have happened.

I just dont think Clintwood will have an off night and if they do they will just feed the ball to G. Meade like they did in the Union game. Their TB offtackle plays are very, very hard to stop. But you are right, stranger things have happened.

thats why you play the games on the field and not on paper.

like the Tazewell game ive heard about from a long time ago, when they came to Grundy

yeah...that was halloween and homecoming in 1987...Tazewell (7-1 at the time) won state in 1986 and Grundy (3-5 at the time) was 0-10 in 1986...everyone said Tazewell would kill us and Reed would set the record (he was 300 yards shy going in to the game)...he even got on WCYB and said "I will set the record this week, we are only playing Grundy...I'm not even worried about it"....Grundy not only beat them, they beat the hell out of them...Reed went out with a broken leg (i think) early on and was never heard from again, Laime went out with a shoulder injury I think and was never heard from again...that was the most brutal game I've ever seen in my life...nothing but hit after hit after hit...never seen anything like it. When it was all over with, Grundy won 28-0.

me and bucfan64 actually played in that game...as did probably a few others here as well...i will never forget it.

Tazewell Grundy 28 0.jpg

thats why you play the games on the field and not on paper.

yep

pretty sure our Central Warriors were picked to not just get beat but get hammered vs first Lee High and then an even bigger underdog vs Union

Hope Grundy pull's it off. Coach Ward and staff are doing a good job with that young bunch.

hate to say it, but this is the make or break game of the year for Grundy...if they can beat Clintwood then who knows what will happen with Honaker and the playoffs...if not....well....

I just see this as a "must win" game for Grundy and I think this is where they find out what they really have this year.

Youre right, Clintwood and Honaker are big games for Grundy. If they can win either or both they will gain a better position in the playoffs and build some momentum goin in. One thing is sure, its a tall order.

Ill probably come and see this game, maybe try and bring come co-workers with me( I work in clintwood) show them around the old place. I think clintwood will win, just my opinion, but like lance says, stranger things have happened. I wish them luck, they've suprised me a little bit this year, my old teamate's not doing too bad a job coaching over there.

But if it rains enough wed, thurday , the field's gonna be crappy as always, will slow most people down. Actually hated playing at home when it rained during the week, place turned into a quagmire.

Giggity.....giggity.....goo......go grundy.