Today is October 16th....

Ryan is this Scotty's sister??? :)

Congrats... you sound very happy. I'm not gonna say you're very young and it might be wise too extend the engagement a few years. Wait a minute, I just said that didn't I...:)

Much happiness to you and the future Mrs. Ryan.

Whos Scotty?? Lol

Whos Scotty?? Lol

From Garner NC....Scotty McCreery...American Idol Winner. I thought you would know since you specifically referenced Garner. lol

When you move there you're gonna hear the name of their star citizen a lot...country music's gonna be in your head very soon ...:)

youngest male artist in history to open at No. 1 with a debut release. (The previous record-holder was R&B singer Omarion, who was 20 when his debut album launched at No. 1 in 2005. Scotty just turned 18 Sunday.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/10/13/1561551/american-idol-winner-scott-mccreerys.html#ixzz1b5CYtQcc

From Garner NC....Scotty McCreery...American Idol Winner. I thought you would know since you specifically referenced Garner. lol

When you move there you're gonna hear the name of their star citizen a lot...country music's gonna be in your head very soon ...:)

youngest male artist in history to open at No. 1 with a debut release. (The previous record-holder was R&B singer Omarion, who was 20 when his debut album launched at No. 1 in 2005. Scotty just turned 18 Sunday.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/10/13/1561551/american-idol-winner-scott-mccreerys.html#ixzz1b5CYtQcc

Oh I've already heard........he is to that town what Bradshaw is to Bluefield. lol. And I REFUSE to listen to country. I'm a metal head, haha. Garner is the town that my fiance's father lives in. And where we would ultimately like to move at some point. Just more oppurtunity down there than here in the mountains.

And I REFUSE to listen to country. I'm a metal head, haha. .

If you move to Garner...I'm betting you'll be hearing country music, especially Scotty's when you walk into a grocery store or any retail venue with piped in music.

You know I was never much of a country fan when I moved to ATL. Then I decided the spouse and I would go to the first concert ever held at Turner Field...it was the George Strait tour with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill as one of his opening acts, few other names too. It was GREAT.

It will grow on you Ryan...metal head music will be a fading memory with your new roots in Garner. :D

If you move to Garner...I'm betting you'll be hearing country music, especially Scotty's when you walk into a grocery store or any retail venue with piped in music.

You know I was never much of a country fan when I moved to ATL. Then I decided the spouse and I would go to the first concert ever held at Turner Field...it was the George Strait tour with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill as one of his opening acts, few other names too. It was GREAT.

It will grow on you Ryan...metal head music will be a fading memory with your new roots in Garner. :D

NEVER!!!!!!! Hahaha. There are pleanty enough metal venues in and around Raleigh to never see country. lol Cats Cradle, The Brewery, Lincoln Theatre, the Ampitheatre...etc...

Oh and here's a list of the notable people from Garner, NC:

Brandon Banks - Washington Redskins

Carl Franks - former Duke University head football coach and current University of South Florida assistant coach

Scotty McCreery - American Idol season 10 winner.

John Wall- Professional basketball player for the Washington Wizards

David West - NCAA Player-of-the-Year at Xavier University and currently plays for the New Orleans Hornets of the NBA

Donald Williams - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Final Four MVP

George Strait is enough to turn anyone onto country. If I counted, I've seen probably 30+ famous country performers, and I'd probably trade 'em all to see King George live and in concert. I know he still tours, but I've never been able to fit him into a schedule of mine. A Strait concert is definitely on my bucket list.

Best country concert I've ever seen though is probably Brad Paisley. I saw him in Cincinnati and at the Greenbrier last summer, and they were both a blast. Second-best would be Hank Jr. and Eric Church together.

P.S. Congrats, Ryan!

George Strait is enough to turn anyone onto country. If I counted, I've seen probably 30+ famous country performers, and I'd probably trade 'em all to see King George live and in concert. I know he still tours, but I've never been able to fit him into a schedule of mine. A Strait concert is definitely on my bucket list.

Best country concert I've ever seen though is probably Brad Paisley. I saw him in Cincinnati and at the Greenbrier last summer, and they were both a blast. Second-best would be Hank Jr. and Eric Church together.

P.S. Congrats, Ryan!

I saw Brad in Raleigh last month. Hes the only Country music singer I can stomach.

Im not very big on Straight at all.

P.S. Congrats, Ryan!

Can definitely confirm this. Saw George in Charlottesville in 2006, and it was wonderful.

The Geo. Strait performance was pure country...that's George. No razzle dazzle ...just a smooth timeless country voice.

The best country show I've attended with a "razzle dazzle" in your face, unforgettable performance was Garth Brooks in his prime in ATL in the early 90's...the Chase Tour with his opening act being, Martina McBride.

Besides hearing Garth's amazing voice singing all of his Billboard toppers of that time, the "happenings" in the background were a show in their own right. Garth was running all over the stage, rising, descending...almost acrobatic...it was seemingly crescendo after crescendo moments throughout the performance. The music or his voice were never compromised with all that was occurring on stage.

Listen to this short clip and hear one of the people Garth gives credit for his success:

Edited by trublue

Oh I've already heard........he is to that town what Bradshaw is to Bluefield. lol. And I REFUSE to listen to country. I'm a metal head, haha. Garner is the town that my fiance's father lives in. And where we would ultimately like to move at some point. Just more oppurtunity down there than here in the mountains.

Congrats! I used to work for an Architectural and Engineering Firm that has a very successful office in Raleigh before moving back to my wife's hometown of Galax. It is a great place to live and to raise children. It is also a great place for high school sports. There is a lot of talent in that area. Marriage is what you make of it, enjoy!

Oh and here's a list of the notable people from Garner, NC:

Brandon Banks - Washington Redskins

Carl Franks - former Duke University head football coach and current University of South Florida assistant coach

Scotty McCreery - American Idol season 10 winner.

John Wall- Professional basketball player for the Washington Wizards

David West - NCAA Player-of-the-Year at Xavier University and currently plays for the New Orleans Hornets of the NBA

Donald Williams - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Final Four MVP

My old boss...he's in the Garner HS Hall of Fame...

My wife said when we were dating that if George Strait came in the area she would one day get her mom tickets to see him. 2 years ago I guess I saw he was going to make a tour stop at Thompson-Boling. We got her tickets as a Christmas present. The woman went nuts when she opened the envelope and seen what they were.

So the concert got postponed because of a snowstorm and when it did happen Reba opened for George and Brooks and Dunn showed up as well as Kelly Clarkson. Seems like someone else played before Reba thats well known, but I can't remember who. So after all these years of wanting to see George, Reba put on quite a show apparently and she wasn't near as thrilled with George. It was kind of a let down in a way, but still goes down as a gift that will be hard for me to top to her.

OK, guess I need to clarify about seeing Geo. Strait ...the year was 1998. They were the first tickets I ever purchased for a concert. I wanted to see the man. (The reason, my memory was jogged, I started thinking that Turner Field/ Stadium was built for the Olympics then converted.)

I saw Garth in the early 90's and the ticket was free ...a few in my office were going and had an extra ticket. So, I saw Garth perform before I saw Strait. The sequence of events, (kinda hard remembering events almost 15-20 years ago :)) doesn't change the fact that Strait is the reason I enjoy country.

Oh, yeah, I don't remember the year...but I actually turned down free tickets to the Rolling Stones Wheel tour in ATL because it just wasn't something I wanted to see. :)

Ryan...sorry for hijacking your thread ...does all this talk sway you toward country...

Ryan...sorry for hijacking your thread ...does all this talk sway you toward country...

Not one bit. :D I'll take my distorted guitars, blast beat drums, irrelevent bass, and screaming lyrics.... :D