updated standings and ratings

VHSLhelper

I was settng here ready to announce Cave 255, Richlands 254 as soon as they won... luckily, I never got to ;-)

Wow! So we would have been one opponent win away from the 1 seed. If Gate City would have pulled off the win against Clintwood then we would have been the 1 seed no matter what happened.

Good thing none of that matters!

Wow! So we would have been one opponent win away from the 1 seed. If Gate City would have pulled off the win against Clintwood then we would have been the 1 seed no matter what happened.

Good thing none of that matters!

This is a great reason Richlands should look for stronger competition during the regular season, along with the fact that it would better prepare them for the playoffs. Home field advantage is great, but if a team comes into Ernie that is battle tested and used to grinding out wins all season, they might be able to pull off the upset. I'm a strong believer in playing teams that will test you because it helps make you better. This year is a prime example of Richlands being tested early to a degree vs Gate City, Union and Pulaski County, and only the Union game was down to the wire. I would have liked to have seen a tougher team than Patrick County on our schedule, and I'm not sure Honaker will be strong year in and year out, but I know that's a rivalry game of sorts, and Honaker played the Blues tougher than the final score indicated. That said, I had rather be ready for anything that comes my way because of stiffer competition, even if it means losing home field advantage. I'll say again Richlands should be playing Bluefield every year. I realize Bluefield was down this season, but usually these teams are fairly equal.

Edited by blueinbama