the top fb in this side of roanoke?

cwood78

I will agree w/ that

Check out 7:28, pay attention to #13 for Clintwood, A. Dotson

Granted his guy didnt make the tackle

Pay attention to him at 5:15

How big is Dotson? He looks HUGE this season

Edited by redtiger

Hate to disagree with you but he's not been the best player on his own team this year. Gavan Meade and Robbie Mullins have both outplayed him. I thought for the last 2 years he was the best player in Region D but he's not had as good a year this year. The past 2-3 weeks he's played much better and looked like his old self. If Dotson could run better than a 6.9 40 he'd be a D1 player (I kid). He's one of the most violent players I've ever seen.

It's hard to argue with the kid who has a D1 offer and is commited to play at Marshall though. That alone wins it for Johnson.

Hate to disagree with you but he's not been the best player on his own team this year. Gavan Meade and Robbie Mullins have both outplayed him. I thought for the last 2 years he was the best player in Region D but he's not had as good a year this year. The past 2-3 weeks he's played much better and looked like his old self. If Dotson could run better than a 6.9 40 he'd be a D1 player (I kid). He's one of the most violent players I've ever seen.

It's hard to argue with the kid who has a D1 offer and is commited to play at Marshall though. That alone wins it for Johnson.

Johnson plays RB. The thread is top Fullback

Edited by redtiger

Johnson plays RB. The thread is top Fullback

My fault. I have a bad habit of skimming thread titles and came into this one thinking it was top fb player. I definately go with Dotson then. I know he got an offer to play at Concord earlier this year. I hope he sticks with college ball better than some of the past few Clintwood kids who got a chance.

At least Russell Hull is kicking ass. :)

He's had a solid season,although I felt sorry for him and his mates last Saturday in that "let's get a paycheck beatdown" in Spartanburg. Wofford nearly beat Clemson and could beat alot of D1s

We talking far SW VA or west of Roanoke? If west of Roanoke then I'm going with QB from Christiansburg (VT commit) and it's not really close.

This thread is about Fullbacks. Not football players.

I had touted Joe Burnopp earlier in another thread,and i'll stand by it (especially with this thread being about FBs). Tyler Barker from Union is a hoss as well

Barker is a hoss but I dont know if he plays as "violently" as Dotson. The kid is bringing it every play, watch the 2 videos I posted espicially the 2nd one(JIB). He just plays w/ so much emotion. I was originally gonna say Barker was better but I dont know about his blocking ability, Dotson is the lead man most of the time and Clintwood throws to him some also.

I havent seen Burnopp(in person or on film).

Well I didnt originally post them, credit goes to swvafootball for that

Edited by redtiger

Barker is a hoss but I dont know if he plays as "violently" as Dotson. The kid is bringing it every play, watch the 2 videos I posted espicially the 2nd one(JIB). He just plays w/ so much emotion. I was originally gonna say Barker was better but I dont know about his blocking ability, Dotson is the lead man most of the time and Clintwood throws to him some also.

I havent seen Burnopp(in person or on film).

Barker does not block.......I have not seen all the full backs in the area BUT Dotson is as good a blocking back as i have seen in HS

Im sorry but the only back I saw from Grundy that I was impressed with was the TB, dont know his name but they kept running the sweep w/ him. imo hes the only one that deserves to even be mentioned in a top 5 list or top 10 for that matter