GMS Football

griz

Congratulations. After the Richlands - Graham 8th grade game a couple of our kids wound up in the E.R. One of Graham's did also. Number 22, can't remember his name. I along with 2 of the other 8th grade coaches from Richlands checked on him in the hospital and met him and his grandparents I assumed. Just wondering how he is and how he is recovering. Seemed like a good kid.

Didn't they finish undefeated last year or did they lose 1 game?

Either way, the future looks bright for coach Mike Williams and the G-Men

They were 8-0 last year. What is their winning streak now? 17 games or more?

Wonderful to hear. The good old days are coming back, folks.

That's if these kids stay interested in football! Seems these days once they get to the High School they just don't have the desire to play anymore!

That's if these kids stay interested in football! Seems these days once they get to the High School they just don't have the desire to play anymore!

new coach will help change that with the kids not wanting to play at the highschool level at ghs i feel.

new coach will help change that with the kids not wanting to play at the highschool level at ghs i feel.

I'm not saying that that won't help, I'm just saying when the kids these day hit high school so much is there for them to get into that it could lead them from football!

I'm not saying that that won't help, I'm just saying when the kids these day hit high school so much is there for them to get into that it could lead them from football!

Maybe at Tazewell...

I'm From Graham and im interrested in seeing how many 8th graders show up for winter workouts wasn't to many last year, but i know that was "because of the man in charge" so i want to see if they come out for the new coach,

there are 3 maybe 4 middle school players that could see a lot of playing time next year, if they put in the effort before the season. in 2 years we should be seeing good things start to form. but that depends on our boys

and i look for tazewell to make a come back they had 34 8th graders show up this week to start working out and thats not counting the ones playing basketball, i hope they can do like we need to do. get rid of the weeds so the grass can grow.

I think the biggest hinderence for Graham the past couple of years has been lineplay... I think we'll see a tremendous improvement in that area in the next couple of years with the new coach's emphasis on conditioning.......

Really? Really? Really?

Sorry, man! I do remember about 4-5 years ago, a friend of mine was helping coach the TMS football team and I remember him always telling me how they were "rolling over teams"...I guess these are the same kids that are (or not) playing now???? Its a real shame...