Bluefield in the playoffs?

Bogeavers

I give Wayne the advantage...

Their two loses this season:

Loss 14-8 VS Chesapeake Ohio (7-3)

Loss 16-14 VS Point Pleasant (9-0) Ranked #2 in AA

Their 7 wins have all been blowouts..

I hope i'm wrong though. Would love to see the Beavers win and sneak in at the #16 seed just to see how good Shady Spring actually are.

BTW, anyone else remember the last time Bluefield needed to win their final home game to make the playoffs????

I'm sure the Richlands fans do...

Wonder if we can pull old George "The Laundry Man" Simon out of retirement for this one...

BTW, anyone else remember the last time Bluefield needed to win their final home game to make the playoffs????

I'm sure the Richlands fans do...

Wonder if we can pull old George "The Laundry Man" Simon out of retirement for this one...

Boy you just opened a BIG can of worms!! Lol

It would have been the football season of 2002. Richlands ended up going to the regional finals that year and getting beaten badly by Magna Vista in the coldest football game I have ever sat through. Magna Vista looked like a small college that year. Then Richlands was awarded the regional championship a few weeks later when it was revealed that Magna Vista had an ineligible player. One of the few times a high school team can win their last playoff game and not win a state championship.

It would have been the football season of 2002. Richlands ended up going to the regional finals that year and getting beaten badly by Magna Vista in the coldest football game I have ever sat through. Magna Vista looked like a small college that year. Then Richlands was awarded the regional championship a few weeks later when it was revealed that Magna Vista had an ineligible player.

I remember that game. Went with BigD. Pretty sure our hot chocolate we had in a thermos actually got cold before halftime. I've never been that cold in my life. Ever.

it would have been the football season of 2002. Richlands ended up going to the regional finals that year and getting beaten badly by magna vista in the coldest football game i have ever sat through.

AMEN to that!!

I say that Bluefield wins this game in a close one! I cannot imagine the WV playoffs starting without a Beaver team right in the mix of things. Good luck to both Bluefield teams this week! My take on these two:

Bluefield 20

Wayne 16

Graham 30

Narrows 7

Wayne 41

Bluefield 27

Graham 42

Narz 6

I say that Bluefield wins this game in a close one! I cannot imagine the WV playoffs starting without a Beaver team right in the mix of things. Good luck to both Bluefield teams this week! My take on these two:

Bluefield 20

Wayne 16

Graham 30

Narrows 7

I hope you're right! But I just don't know about the first prediction. Very tall order for Bluefield to beat Wayne this year but they are at home.

Edited by blufan04

Wayne finally gets the best of the Beavers this time. You can't teach experience. Bluefield has had Wayne's number for far too long and it's about time that the ball falls in favor of the Pioneers for once. I like Wayne in a close one which leaves a hungry Bluefield team next season looking for a trip to Wheeling again.

It would have been the football season of 2002. Richlands ended up going to the regional finals that year and getting beaten badly by Magna Vista in the coldest football game I have ever sat through. Magna Vista looked like a small college that year. Then Richlands was awarded the regional championship a few weeks later when it was revealed that Magna Vista had an ineligible player. One of the few times a high school team can win their last playoff game and not win a state championship.

Only thing good about this night was it was so cold that you couldn't feel getting hit. Oh, and the bus ride back....

What has to happen for the Beavers to make the playoffs?

What are the chances the "stars align" for them to make it in?

(dead thread resurrected...LOL)

Oh well, so much for THAT. Jeez. Anybody want to give some thoughts on Bluefield this year? Just young? Rebuilding? Lost too many starters from last year? How does it look for next year?

I guess it's a pretty good thing, we're so used to winning, it feels weird to have an off season. And I am not going to be "that guy" who goes off on the coaches or players for a less-than-stellar season. It happens...

(dead thread resurrected...LOL)

Oh well, so much for THAT. Jeez. Anybody want to give some thoughts on Bluefield this year? Just young? Rebuilding? Lost too many starters from last year? How does it look for next year?

I guess it's a pretty good thing, we're so used to winning, it feels weird to have an off season. And I am not going to be "that guy" who goes off on the coaches or players for a less-than-stellar season. It happens...

My thoughts on Bluefield this year are everything you mentioned and inexperience on their o and d lines. Every team has those years even the Beavers. I felt like they got beat pretty bad on both sides of the line of scrimmage this year because of this. All the players need to do is use this extra time in the off season to hit the weights, get stronger, faster, and mature a little bit more fundamentally and they will be fine. I believe that this year's team was just the foundation being laid for the next few years.