Pulaski clinches playoff berth at 1-8...

futbolking

The whole points sytems is dumb. I dont care if you get points from a team that beat the crap out you and everyone else, you should have to at lease win more than ONE game to get into the playoffs. Doesn't really make it fair the the kids to make the playoffs, then lose the first round.......ah, whatever, not like my opion matters to the VHSL anyways.

Pulaski will play Salem this week....then win or lose play Salem again....next week.

Not entirely true...mathematically, there is still a chance that they won't get in if they lose.

It is things like this that help me continue to laugh at the VHSL.

Don't blame the VHSL for this...it wasn't the VHSL that decided that SIX out of EIGHT teams get in the Region IV playoffs...blame the schools in Region IV for that...

Blame the Region IV schools, not the VHSL. They chose to put 12 teams in the playoffs (Div. 3 & 4) in a region with only 16 teams. What did they expect to happen?

And by my count, there will be 4 other Region IV schools in the playoffs with losing records. Why don't I hear anyone complaining about those teams? Does anyone believe that Abingdon and Marion deserve to be in the playoffs?

Blame the Region IV schools, not the VHSL. They chose to put 12 teams in the playoffs (Div. 3 & 4) in a region with only 16 teams. What did they expect to happen?

And by my count, there will be 4 other Region IV schools in the playoffs with losing records. Why don't I hear anyone complaining about those teams? Does anyone believe that Abingdon and Marion deserve to be in the playoffs?

I give you guys a better shot than Abingdon.

someone else is complaining about these teams ... ME! as posted here before-do not blame the VHSL. The schools belonging to Region 4 came up with the "all inclusive" plan. Hopefully, some day, they will huddle back up and make the much needed change back to 4 playoff teams instead of 6. Until then, just endure the format and someday a #6 seed will finally upset a #1 seed and then there will be more fuel for the fire.

someone else is complaining about these teams ... ME! as posted here before-do not blame the VHSL. The schools belonging to Region 4 came up with the "all inclusive" plan. Hopefully, some day, they will huddle back up and make the much needed change back to 4 playoff teams instead of 6. Until then, just endure the format and someday a #6 seed will finally upset a #1 seed and then there will be more fuel for the fire.

Pulaski is probably the best 1-8 team I've seen in a long while.....your upset might happen this year. Even if it happened, I still don't believe they belong in the playoffs....

Hopefully, some day, they will huddle back up and make the much needed change back to 4 playoff teams instead of 6.

You think the new members of Region 4 will want to switch from a 6-teams-in Region to a 4? Don't think so.

I didnt say they shouldn't be in the playoffs because it was Pulaski County, I feel the same way about any team, I am aware the playoff system is what it is and this is what you deal with but I agree with the others that they need to downsize the playoff field.

The LPD of the 80's and 90's was almost like the SEC of today. Everybody just beat the hell out of each other and the playoffs would almost be the easiest part of the year.

Edited by cityofRaven