Hurley @ Honaker -- Round 2

rebel1

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game .... How many of those rebel yellers yall bringin over .... hope its a bunch ... hope its a real good playoff atmosphere!!!!!

i'd say Hurley will bring a bunch...I don't think Hurley will give up the big plays like Grundy did against you guys...I think they match up better on D with you than we did....should be a good game.

I think Hurley will win it...from what I've seen of both teams, Hurley is the better team...even though Honaker beat Grundy and Grundy beat Hurley, I still think Hurley is the better team and should win it.

You left out one small detail HONAKER beat HURLEY.I assume from your post the key word is seen. I would disagree Hurley is a the better team,but better teams sometimes lose,just curious as to what makes you think Hurley is better.

You left out one small detail HONAKER beat HURLEY.I assume from your post the key word is seen. I would disagree Hurley is a the better team,but better teams sometimes lose,just curious as to what makes you think Hurley is better.

one, its hard to beat a team twice in the same year. Two...Hurley will match up better on D than Grundy did against Honaker, and to be honest the Grundy/Honaker game, if not for about 4 bad calls could have gone either way. Grundy beat Hurley on pure emotion..went beyond the game and they just whipped them...I doubt Honaker has that level of hate lol. I wasn't really impressed with Honaker, I expected a lot more. They have about 3 or 4 key players that carry the load, 2 of them are above average...the other 2 are good but not great. I just think the key is Hurely and the match ups on D, I think they can stop Honaker...I think Hurley can score 3 or 4 TD's and i think that will be enough if the D holds.

one, its hard to beat a team twice in the same year. Two...Hurley will match up better on D than Grundy did against Honaker, and to be honest the Grundy/Honaker game, if not for about 4 bad calls could have gone either way. Grundy beat Hurley on pure emotion..went beyond the game and they just whipped them...I doubt Honaker has that level of hate lol. I wasn't really impressed with Honaker, I expected a lot more. They have about 3 or 4 key players that carry the load, 2 of them are above average...the other 2 are good but not great. I just think the key is Hurely and the match ups on D, I think they can stop Honaker...I think Hurley can score 3 or 4 TD's and i think that will be enough if the D holds.

Hurley is the better team, really? Don't be a hater. The grundy game would have ended the same no matter the calls. Bad calls go both ways. Honaker line O and D are better. Key players, Hurley has two, and we shut one down for three quarters and in the 4th the second string let him get some yards, 3 or 4 at a time. Not sure which 4 key players you are talking about but it takes more than running the ball to win a game. Who has Hurley beat this season that matches up to Honaker anyway? If Hurley wins it will because the boys just did not play to their potential like we have seen. Hurley the better team, I guess thats why we have home field. Make sure you set on the visitor side Lance Saturday so you leave feeling the same way you felt the last time you left Honaker. No matter the outcome Hurley is NOT the better team. Maybe next year.

(1) I agree it's hard to beat a team twice in the same year.

(2) I looked back and actually Grundy held Honaker to less total yards .

(3) Not going to touch the bad calls other than to say I borrowed a game film

and it clears alot up after watching it.

(4) I agree with EMOTION it has everything to do with the game,it always

amazes me how quick that can change throughout a game.

(5) I do think Honaker has more talent top to bottom,but that's all it is if you

don't use it,which brings up a great point of discussion:

(6) what are the keys to the game?which players need to step up and have a

big game?

#1 key for Honaker in my opinion is to play the 1st half like they do the 2nd

#2 shut the passing game down which in turn helps with controlling Berglowe

#3 Honaker's special teams cannot give up any big plays

Edited by BLEACHER COACH

I'm sure Hurley has went back to the drawing board after the first game and I won't argue as I think the game may very well be closer this time around. As for Hurley's D matching up better against the Tigers, I'll answer with a question. In the course of the first game, did Hurley ever stop Honaker's offense?

Now on the opposite side, Hurley did manage quite of few rushing yards as Berglowe is a good back (won't deny the young man respect he deserves). A. Cooper is a pretty good QB and I'm not sure Honaker's D stopped Hurley in the second half.

I feel like Honaker is the better team. If they play the game they are capable of and minimize turnovers, they win IMO. Anything can happen to swing the MO. If Honaker comes out flat, turns the ball over and let's Hurley believe they can win, it's amazing how things can happen. {One game I feel was a great example of this was last year when Honaker played Va High who were pretty heavy favorites in that game and Honaker sent the cats back to Bristol with their tails tucked between their legs. was that last year? anyway.}

As far as bad calls, (fellas help me out, but at Haysi in the first half Honaker had 11 penalties to Haysi's 2, correct ?? (Some legit and others not and several no calls.) Honaker still won the game, so that goes to show you, you can overcome bad calls (unless it's a game winning bad call...lol) I know I'm ramblin!

Finally, I respect your opinion Lance on who you want to win the game and that's cool, like you said before you pull for Hurley when not playin Grundy, I think that's awesome, but you're logic about why you think Hurley is the better team is kinda unfounded as far as all the stats go. But, again I respect your opinion.

Hey...I'm just being honest and telling you what I think...I hope Hurley wins the game, but if I thought Honaker was the better team and was going to win, I'd say so...and it really has nothing to do with being "upset" about the Grundy/Honaker game...I might be wrong and Honaker might roll them out of there Saturday...but, I just think Hurley gets this one...not based on stats or saying I don't "like" Honaker or anything other than watching both teams play and just thinking Hurley should beat them if they play a good smart game and get a fair shake....that's all.

Also Bleacher Coach...just a side note...it's not just about total yards...Grundy has just been prone to giving up the big play TD all year....that will get you yards, but it doesn't automatically stack up in the stats pound per pound either in the final numbers. Field position and penalties and a lot of other things that are "situational" in nature come in to play.

honaker struggles to win their games because of big plays they give up.i dont think hurley can run the ball up the gut.if he had 225 yds the first game,i think honaker will struggle, if he has that many yds this round.i expect hurley to bring a more passing game.outside containment is gonna be a key for honakers defense.as far as honakers offense,i think they have several threats .3 or 4 descent backs,qb that can sling it or run it,and descent recievers.the trenches will be the key to all these guys having a good game.im just praying for a no injury game.

hey lance,got to agree with you for once. in the first hurley-honaker game i attended i thought a honaker blowout. after a couple series of watching honaker i was not impressed.if and i said (IF) honakers staff had not found hurley's weak spoton defense (a DB first year of playing sports) the three passing td's they got on him it would have been a hurley win. i would say coach davis has a good Dplan in place and if tester can score some points it could be interesting. as far as better athletesi would call it even.

if this game is 3 or 4 point spread either way,i can see bringing the refs good or bad calls into play.if its 3 or 4 td spread,id say leave it alone,take ur lumps and go home.whether it be honaker or hurley.with that being said ,from what ive seen honaker should win.

Cover the TE, fill C Gap and you beat Honaker.

Its that simple but its also easier said than done.

The TE, QB, and #5 are the keys to Honaker...you have to account for all of those on every play...the #31 kid will put the ball on the ground if you can get to him clean. If I was Hurley I'd press Waynick over the middle all night if they bring the LB's up...they will either have to back them up to help stop him which opens up Berglowe or let Waynick beat you because I don't see anyone back there that can stop him man to man.

again...just my opinion.

If I was Hurley I'd press Waynick over the middle all night if they bring the LB's up...they will either have to back them up to help stop him which opens up Berglowe or let Waynick beat you because I don't see anyone back there that can stop him man to man.

again...just my opinion.

I would use either Waynick or #25 @ WB some, run Berglowe and throw play action to those guys, put the LBs in conflict. WB Flat or Drag patterns. Not to mention WB Flag HB Swing, that combo is tough to stop!

Hurley could have ALOT of success running the HB Screen Haysi has ran this season(1st time I can remember Haysi running a screen pass)

like you Lance, jmo

The TE, QB, and #5 are the keys to Honaker...you have to account for all of those on every play...the #31 kid will put the ball on the ground if you can get to him clean. If I was Hurley I'd press Waynick over the middle all night if they bring the LB's up...they will either have to back them up to help stop him which opens up Berglowe or let Waynick beat you because I don't see anyone back there that can stop him man to man.

again...just my opinion.

Is that the same kid that the paper had with 15 tackles.

If I was Hurley I'd press Waynick over the middle all night

The only problem with that is wide receivers tend to get Gator arms going over the midlle after they have had the crap knocked out of them a couple of times

Is that the same kid that the paper had with 15 tackles.

I do beleive so. I think Hurley should run up the gut every play the whole game. Nothing like watching 31 get all those tackles.

To all Hurley people with influence; run it up the middle. My boy and 31 needs more practice.:D