Tunstall @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Long bus ride down. They have played here several times and the game has always been on Friday night. This one should be the same. Thoughts? Predictions? Hey Marion fans, what should we expect? Players to watch for? Etc.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands 65

Tunstall 7

I think Richlands has a very good shot at the win, but i don't know about that score. I just don't like to disrespect another playoff team posting a score like that..........but we all have a right to our own opinion.

I think Richlands has a very good shot at the win, but i don't know about that score. I just don't like to disrespect another playoff team posting a score like that..........but we all have a right to our own opinion.

I'm with you on that one. We should win, and in all likelyhood it will be a blowout. But it is the playoffs, and stranger things have happened.

Here's hoping that Richlands puts an "old fashioned Southwest Virginia ass whipping" on Tunstall! Good luck Blues and show the "River boys" what class really is!

Richlands 43

Tunstall 13

the thing is that Richlands improved each and every game. They are not the same team that started the season. The defence was lacking at the start but has sured up. The team is solid---how far they can go is unknown right now but i think the chances are good to get back to lynchburg

I think the Blues have a really good shot at moving on this week, I like our athletes, and coaching staff and we have great fan support, but I do have to say that the only thing that worries me..is the fact that we have had the last 2 out of 4 weeks off as far as playing a game. I know that coach Mance likes to go good on good during that time to help keep them sharp, but there is nothing like a game to help keep everyone in game shape and keep the timing down and keep the momentum going that you have built up over the previous weeks , but in the same breath, it helps in some ways. The team should be well rested and about as healthy as it has been all season.

Tunstall has some athletes with some speed and has made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs and should be given their respect, but i do like the fact that they have to come to Ernie. I can promise you that that place will be rocking and will have a great atmosphere.........man I can't wait, I just love this time of the year !

I say the blues by at least 3 scores, The memory of last year in Lynchburg will have the boys fired up..........along with the fans !

I think the Blues have a really good shot at moving on this week, I like our athletes, and coaching staff and we have great fan support, but I do have to say that the only thing that worries me..is the fact that we have had the last 2 out of 4 weeks off as far as playing a game. I know that coach Mance likes to go good on good during that time to help keep them sharp, but there is nothing like a game to help keep everyone in game shape and keep the timing down and keep the momentum going that you have built up over the previous weeks , but in the same breath, it helps in some ways. The team should be well rested and about as healthy as it has been all season.

Tunstall has some athletes with some speed and has made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs and should be given their respect, but i do like the fact that they have to come to Ernie. I can promise you that that place will be rocking and will have a great atmosphere.........man I can't wait, I just love this time of the year !

I say the blues by at least 3 scores, The memory of last year in Lynchburg will have the boys fired up..........along with the fans !

Heard a rumor going around that we had a kid rupture his spleen at the Taz game and is done for his career. Any truth to that?? Really hope not. Not jut because of the team, but to lose the game you love has to be hard.

Heard a rumor going around that we had a kid rupture his spleen at the Taz game and is done for his career. Any truth to that?? Really hope not. Not jut because of the team, but to lose the game you love has to be hard.

The kid was a JV player & i hear he got hit after the play was over, he had stopped and was hit from behind, heard he actually walked off the field after the play, but started having problems soon after. I was told he is out of the hospital and i dont know if his career is over or not, just heard he had a ruptured spleen and a couple of broken ribs.

The kid was a JV player & i hear he got hit after the play was over, he had stopped and was hit from behind, heard he actually walked off the field after the play, but started having problems soon after. I was told he is out of the hospital and i dont know if his career is over or not, just heard he had a ruptured spleen and a couple of broken ribs.

Wow. That's terrible!! I hope he's ok.

I had not heard that. I didn't make it to the Tazewell game ( been busy remodeling a bathroom and bedroom ) and so did not know about that injury.

That's terrible to hear that a kid has that type of injury. I hate to hear of any high school kid having any kind of injury much less one of that nature.

I hope his playing days are not over, but the main thing is that he has a full recovery !

I had both my knees blown out back in high school and now that I'm 52 I pay big time with arthritis in both of them, so the injuries carry on long after the ball is done !

Still would not change a thing, even with the pain I have to deal with now, I would still play football again knowing what I know now.

Best days of my life..........with the exception of my marriage ( just in case my wife see this...lol ) and the birth of my daughter !

I had not heard that. I didn't make it to the Tazewell game ( been busy remodeling a bathroom and bedroom ) and so did not know about that injury.

That's terrible to hear that a kid has that type of injury. I hate to hear of any high school kid having any kind of injury much less one of that nature.

I hope his playing days are not over, but the main thing is that he has a full recovery !

I had both my knees blown out back in high school and now that I'm 52 I pay big time with arthritis in both of them, so the injuries carry on long after the ball is done !

Still would not change a thing, even with the pain I have to deal with now, I would still play football again knowing what I know now.

Best days of my life..........with the exception of my marriage ( just in case my wife see this...lol ) and the birth of my daughter !

Nice cover on the last statement!! :) lol