Burton vs. Honaker

rebel1

Its been the talk all season for Honaker football, "If they can put together four quarters, they will be dangerous." If they can this week it should be on helluva game. If not it could get ugly. Burton has tons of speed (nothing new there) and their defense is quick to the ball. I think the matchup favors Burton a bit, but playing at Honaker gives the tigers an advantage as well. I'll take Burton in a good game. Is this one gonna be played on Saturday as well?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been the talk all season for Honaker football, "If they can put together four quarters, they will be dangerous." If they can this week it should be on helluva game. If not it could get ugly. Burton has tons of speed (nothing new there) and their defense is quick to the ball. I think the matchup favors Burton a bit, but playing at Honaker gives the tigers an advantage as well. I'll take Burton in a good game. Is this one gonna be played on Saturday as well?

Burton in a close one...27-24:)

Guest bigdaddyd50

Burton on turf? You can forget it Honaker.

Burton 27

Honaker 13

dang it!!! stop the jet....yea them ol radiers like a fast field.....don't stack the line... play the ends..... make'em pass..... which they will........pesky radiers......they are small......but fairly quick .......................emats will be a rockin................................ naker 27- burton 20.

Burton has tons of speed (nothing new there)

No they don't and haven't the last two seasons. They're average to below average in the speed dept. and their own fans will tell you that. It's a very different JIB team than the past 10 years or so.

Also, the asinine thought that somehow when this "speed team" plays on some artificial surface that they're suddenly magic, needs to stop. When a fairly quick team plays on a surface like that they don't get faster while everyone else gets slower. Whatever added benefit they might get from playing on that surface wouldn't common sence tell you that the other team would also get .000whatever second increase on the same surface? The only benefit that would be gained would be a better playing surface in weather which would also benefit both and not one.

still don't think Honaker is that great, but I thought they did play better this week against Hurley.

I will take Burton by 14+...speed kills, if Burton has any they should be fine.

still don't think Honaker is that great, but I thought they did play better this week against Hurley.

I will take Burton by 14+...speed kills, if Burton has any they should be fine.

they stunk it up for 3 qtrs against hurley lance.and 2 qtrs against grundy.if they do that this week they are done .it will be more than 14.they played terrible 3 qtrs after they put 19 on the board in the first.just like the talk has been ,they need 4 qtrs of football to compete with burton at all.

I feel like Honaker matches up better with Burton better this year than the last couple of meetings just from what i read on them as i havent seen them play. Hopefully will be a good game! Who wins? Who knows? GO Orange!!

Honakers big line and power running will give Burton problems however if Burton gets a lead Honaker will have a tough time closeing the gap

JIB is small(not much bigger overall than Haysi).

Honaker matches up well with JIB, they are bigger and just as fast/quick.

There are several people(including me) that keep saying it and just about everyone refuses to believe it; JI Burton is not that fast and they arent the team they have been.

Honaker isint great but they are good enuf

Honakers big line and power running will give Burton problems however if Burton gets a lead Honaker will have a tough time closeing the gap

agreed

There are several people(including me) that keep saying it and just about everyone refuses to believe it; JI Burton is not that fast and they arent the team they have been.

agreed

They are fast enough to have 2 1000 yard rushers (miles,maggard).

I heard it was 340, but im not 100%. Either way it was alot!

No doubt JIB is quicker/faster than most teams around, their team is build around being quick/fast. But in years past they would blow opponents off the field. Their WBs would streach 3 yard gains to the sideline, cut it up and make a 8 yard gain out of nothing or the defense would have the play stopped, they would make a cut and the next thing you know they were running past the entire defense on their way to the endzone. They arent that kind of fast anymore. Clintwood as a team is faster that JIB and I think Honaker is right there with them.

dang it!!! stop the jet....yea them ol radiers like a fast field.....don't stack the line... play the ends..... make'em pass..... which they will........pesky radiers......they are small......but fairly quick .......................emats will be a rockin................................ naker 27- burton 20.

I agree but easier said than done sometimes, just curious what type of defense did Haysi run against them pesky raiders.

Its hard to beilive Stanley had that many against a good Burton team, but had like only 2 cathes against Hurley and not even 20 yards, its weird huh? I think Burton takes this one 28-16

Im assuming Haysi ran a 5-3, thats what they have ran all season. But maybe a 5-2 look with the safties up close to the los.

Against Hurley Berglowe guarded Stanley all night, I really think he may be a better DB than RB.

I told everyone that Haysi would be able to throw the ball against JIB. It doesent suprise me that Haysi put up 300+ yards passing but it does suprise me that Stanley had that many.

Haysis offensive stats,

25 rushes for 82 yards(3.28 ypc)

passing 27 of 42 for 390 yards(14.44 ypc) w/ 3 ints(1 in the endzone and 1 on the 5)

JIB had 317 yards rushing and 213 passing. 6 of 8 passing so obviously they were HUGE plays.

Thats over a thousand yards of combined offense!

Edited by redtiger