Deer Hunting.

Substitute myself as the 6-pointer, the 2 does for 2 (preferably more) ladies, and the bar for your parking lot and you'll have my plans for the weekend. The rut is on for this guy too...

here's my luck- found really big rubs, scrapes and later in the day watched as does fed, go back a few days later and the buck thrashes the place, horned trees everywhere, as i was walking along logging road admiring amount and size of rubs i almost stepped in the gut pile.

would at least like to know how big it was

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slept in this morning, ate lunch and went to the farm. The only thing I saw were six gobblers come across the field, stop at my lower food plot, pig out for about 20 minutes then head into the woods. Heading out early tomorrow...

NICE!!! Your turn...

All I have seen are doe and turkey, and wouldn't you know, I didn't see any turkey today.... Gotta work tomorrow, so Saturday any kind of deer better watch out.... If it has milk on its whiskers I'm gonna drop it! Good Luck to all of you!

Bagged two does with the crossbow, and a doe with the rifle in Georgia. I've had alot of bucks in the scope, just not the right one. Heading out after the mythical, mysterious, Mud Fork Mauler this morning. GMan, I've planted plots for years if you have any questions you want to ask.

Bagged two does with the crossbow, and a doe with the rifle in Georgia. I've had alot of bucks in the scope, just not the right one. Heading out after the mythical, mysterious, Mud Fork Mauler this morning. GMan, I've planted plots for years if you have any questions you want to ask.

I'll probably hit you up with a PM or six for some advice...

Well, got to the blind about an hour before sunrise...froze my ass off...Weather Channel said 46* when I left the house but I've never seen frost like that at 46*.

Sun came up and I saw a big doe at 7:45...kept waiting for a big buck to come following along but no dice.

Sat in the blind until about 3:00 with no action, then took a walkabout to the backside of the property where the stand I hunted from on Monday is located. There were literally hundreds of fresh scrapes on/alongside the trail that were new since Monday...got me a bit excited. Saw no activity on the backside of the property and headed back to the blind for the last hour or so of daylight.

Sat in the blind until it was almost too dark to see down in the valley I was hunting. Headed back toward the car. As I came around the barn, I saw two deer in the upper field in the fading light. Dropped to my knees and scoped them...two does. Came around to the front of the barn and see two more does next to the gravel entrance road. Kept walking toward the car and finally spooked the does next to the road.

Will try again tomorrow morning...

I went hunting over here in Buchanan Co. at my grandparent's place and I had a shot at a pretty nice 7 pointer and MISSED. My first shot ever at a buck. Oh well, I'll get another shot at it....

Did you get nervous when you put the crosshairs on him?

Nope. Didn't have enough time to get nervous lol. It was jogging and I put the crosshairs just a little in front of him..... Right after I shot, I got nervous pretty good. lol.

Adrenaline!!!! Best rush there is!!!

gman how do u think the rut is going u think is geting better or slowing down i seen ten doe saturday didnt shot one hoping for a buck but never seen one

I don't think they have hit full rut yet! I could be wrong!

gman how do u think the rut is going u think is geting better or slowing down i seen ten doe saturday didnt shot one hoping for a buck but never seen one

Not really sure. I've seen lots of does moving this week and only one buck, the spike my FIL killed on Monday morning. Either the rut has already happened and the bucks are no longer chasing or they haven't started chasing yet. But with all the scrapes I saw on Friday (fresh since Monday), I'm inclined to believe it hasn't kicked into full "go" mode yet. Hopefully the cooler weather we are supposed to have this week will kick things into "go" mode...I'll let you know Friday...

A buddy of mine just stopped by my office to show me his 8-pointer he shot this morning in Tazewell Co. Looking at his antlers, he had been rubbing very recently as they were covered with fresh wood/bark from his rub trees. Looks like this fella was being a bit of a playa letting the ladies know he's around.

Maybe this week/weekend will be the real deal!!!

hope this week is the week it starts goin a little better

It should be a whole lot more movement this week due to the winter front coming in.... Get ready for it too... I know I will. I'm gonna get that darned buck this time around. Good luck to everyone else!!

Honestly, there are too many in Mercer Co. too but the WV DNR thinks otherwise...

This fall was the first time there has ever been a fall turkey season in Mercer Co...so, maybe there's hope for shooting a doe sometime in the future...