Cave Spring at Richlands

Ryan4VT

I'm sure they will ride him till the end Blues, I'm just guessing when he starts getting popped like I think he will, if he will be able to play the entire game or not without a bit of a rest here and there, does he play on the defensive side as well or no?

The same goes for your rb! I've seen him play and he don't like to get hit, yeah he may like to deliver the hit but he don't like to be receiving!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they will ride him till the end Blues, I'm just guessing when he starts getting popped like I think he will, if he will be able to play the entire game or not without a bit of a rest here and there, does he play on the defensive side as well or no?

Yes Ditto Sam Wright plays OLB on defense

Don't forget that Cave recently knocked off the #1 D-4 team in the state....just a couple of weeks back....they play in possibly the toughest AA district in the entire state, while Richlands plays in possibly the weakest.... I'm taking Richlands....but I'll say something like 35-20. Couple of breaks going Cave's way may make a different outcome. Richlands' special teamers need to let some of those punts hit the ground....instead of getting clocked by the kicking team....can't afford to take those kind of chances against a good team.

The same goes for your rb! I've seen him play and he don't like to get hit, yeah he may like to deliver the hit but he don't like to be receiving!

no one likes to get hit unless you are an idiot lol...from the time you start little league ball they teach you to "deliver the blow" lol.

Come on Sheets, which one you hate worse, Richlands or the Cowboys?

whatever lol.. I smell hater.. and it reeks!! :eek:

C'mon Sheets. Lol. If you've watched him at all, you know he lowers his helmet, and drives through defenders. He scampers around until he knows he's going to get hit, and makes sure he hits them first.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjwitten/6361199089/in/set-72157628045410295

Sam Wright put up 297 yards and 4TD on Martinsville. He is fun to watch, and only gets better as the game goes. Sam is quite young man who rarlely show anger, and I never seen him called for a personal foul. He has the record for rushing @ Cave Spring, maybe you know the guy who's record he broke, Tiki Barber. This is going to be a great game. I'm beginning to like this Richlands vs. Cave Spring yearly matchup.

Edited by tjwitten

But next week Richlands does not play Tunstall again. CS is the best team we have seen and are certainly good enough to beat us. Tunstall is not a good football team. Marion must have just flat laid down. Spare me all of the "Richlands will roll" crap, some of our players frequent this website and they need the truth. Which is this. Cave Spring is not intimidated by us. They are good enough to win and that is what they are planning to do. You will need to bust your guts in practice this week and on Friday night to advance. Take this game lightly and your season will be over Friday night @ 10 p.m.

Well said!!! If our players have as big of egos as some of our fans then we could lose easily. We need to work harder in practice than we have all year and remember that this is a very good team. Remember how we blew out Brookville last year to only come up short the next week against Poquoson. It happens to teams that don't take every game serious. The time for chest thumping is after ALL of the games are pl;ayed and we have another title.

Well said!!! If our players have as big of egos as some of our fans then we could lose easily. We need to work harder in practice than we have all year and remember that this is a very good team. Remember how we blew out Brookville last year to only come up short the next week against Poquoson. It happens to teams that don't take every game serious. The time for chest thumping is after ALL of the games are pl;ayed and we have another title.

I know a few of the Richlands players and they don't seem to have a problem like a "few" of the fans do...seem to be a really grounded bunch and well focused.

But next week Richlands does not play Tunstall again. CS is the best team we have seen and are certainly good enough to beat us. Tunstall is not a good football team. Marion must have just flat laid down. Spare me all of the "Richlands will roll" crap, some of our players frequent this website and they need the truth. Which is this. Cave Spring is not intimidated by us. They are good enough to win and that is what they are planning to do. You will need to bust your guts in practice this week and on Friday night to advance. Take this game lightly and your season will be over Friday night @ 10 p.m.

The talk and attiude on these boards sometimes seems to transcend thru the community and then the community trancends on the team.

Old school's message needs to be the talk that the community transcends to the team. Focus, prepare, prepare, prepare.

Cave must be doing something very very good with Sam, look what he's done in the river ridge, limited that and this one will proabaly remind you of some of the old Graham vs Richlands slobber knockers.

I know a few of the Richlands players and they don't seem to have a problem like a "few" of the fans do...seem to be a really grounded bunch and well focused.

Well said Lance and they get that from the coaching staff. Cave deserves the respect they have won over the years. They are a very well coached and very athletic with some size and speed.

It will be a close game one way or the other. I like our chances especially with the game at Ernie, but Cave will have the revenge factor on their minds. Their QB & RB are both very good, but the blues are playing very good football also. It should be a slobber knocker and a fun game to watch.

I'll take my blues in a close one !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

rushing per game

145 William Byrd

247 Martinville

206 Northside

180 Lord Botetourt

184 Allegheny

214 Salem

287 Pulaski County

158 Blacksburg

208 Christiansburg

189 Hidden Valley

297 Martinsville

total 2315

Edited by salemfootball

rushing per game

total 2315

Can you list who the yards were against for each game above? Impressive numbers. Lastly, he must have a pretty decent 0-line to run behind to rack up those kind of numbers.

Edited by sportsfan

how many games has sam wright went to the bench at half time. Devin if he played even one game start to finish would have put many yards in the record book

Probably much less than Richlands, but they dont play a single A schedule like Richlands does... (no offense) I'm just saying you can't compare apples and oranges. Wright has played against River Ridge District opponents.....pretty tough competition, if you ask me. I'm sure he'll be a force to reckon with. Hope Richlands is ready.

Wright has played against River Ridge District opponents.....pretty tough competition, if you ask me.

Overall, I think the level of competition in both Roanoke and Lynchburg was down this year. Brookville and Northside are head and shoulders above the rest of the pack, the middle was pretty mediocre, and the bottom of the River Ridge (Pulaski and Blacksburg) was positively dreadful.

Cave's overall schedule was much more demanding than that of Richlands. But I think you're giving the River Ridge (in particular) way too much credit. The Blue Ridge District was somewhat competitive (and Cave plucked its nondistrict foes from that league), but overall this wasn't a typical year at all in the Roanoke/Lynchburg area.

Overall, I think the level of competition in both Roanoke and Lynchburg was down this year. Brookville and Northside are head and shoulders above the rest of the pack, the middle was pretty mediocre, and the bottom of the River Ridge (Pulaski and Blacksburg) was positively dreadful.

Cave's overall schedule was much more demanding than that of Richlands. But I think you're giving the River Ridge (in particular) way too much credit. The Blue Ridge District was somewhat competitive (and Cave plucked its nondistrict foes from that league), but overall this wasn't a typical year at all in the Roanoke/Lynchburg area.

I may be giving the River Ridge too much credit....but I'm giving the SWD absolutely NO CREDIT (with the exception of Richlands of course)....Nevertheless, I'm picking Richlands to win by 2 td's...

Who does like to take the hit? Hell everyone likes to dish them out! Wow what a statement!