whats going on in Tazewell this year?

Lance

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually, Tazewell is going to have to hire a coach and stick with him. You can't build a winner overnight.

shoot how can you even begin to build a program when you have a new coach each year for the past 4 years. people needed to give him a few years. just like at ghs we gave marrs 5 or so years to try and continue the success at ghs but did not so found a new coach and given time he will bring ghs back i feel. so taz fans give the next coach time do not run him off because at some point you will run out of coaches to hire. no one will want to come to tazewell and put up with a lot of hassel from parents and others. then what will you do let the kids coach themselves or end the football program.

Sadly this is what Tazewell does. They ran Dave Litz out of there, begged for Harris Heart then ran him out of there. Same thing with Wyatt. Tazewell needs to give the new coach time to try to build a program if they want to be sucessful or claim they are a Baseball town and football is not important part of their school because this coaching issue year after year at Tazewell is a embarassment.

Sadly this is what Tazewell does. They ran Dave Litz out of there, begged for Harris Heart then ran him out of there. Same thing with Wyatt. Tazewell needs to give the new coach time to try to build a program if they want to be sucessful or claim they are a Baseball town and football is not important part of their school because this coaching issue year after year at Tazewell is a embarassment.

don't forget Smith The Great.

Start with the clown athletic director. This is on his watch. Next is the principal. I now know the reason for the departure, and it starts with tweedle dee and tweedle dumb. Someone is doing something really wrong to lose three coaches in less than three years. Get yo popcorn ready, this is going to be fun to watch.

You nailed it!

Translation: "get me the hell out of here!"

I'm not so sure he would have stayed long regardless of the issues with the program, for a number of reasons:

1) He said in the story he had a number of other offers to advance his career, including a college job.

2) He had no ties to the area (from Mississippi, played and coached at WVU)

3) Tazewell County is not exactly a high-paying school system

4) A lot of people (particularly younger ones) from outside SWVa find the area lacking from a cultural / "things to do" standpoint. I know a lot of teachers whose first jobs were in more rural systems who were looking to leave at the first opportunity. I don't know if this indeed the case w/Tate; I'm just generalizing.

Does anyone know who interviewed for the position when Tate was hired? Who might be interested now?

Mike Compton or Jeff Tarter

Tazewell needs a strong proven head coach. Tarter has no experience and Compton has proven he is not the guy from the stint at PH. Wyatt or dare I say Smith would be a better choice. Heck, Smith is still working at THS.

Go ahead and laugh .......Dennis Vaught

Vaught would be a good choice, but after knee-gate the guy has no business coaching anywhere...anyone who would try to have his kids injure another high school kid on purpose has no business in the game. I hope he remains banished from Tazewell County as he should be.

You need a coach like Colabro...or an older coach ...to come in and settle the program and get it back on track...one who is "bigger" than the people in the community who cause these problems. Someone who can coach for a few years before retirement and bring a replacement along with him to groom for the job.

Vaught would be a good choice, but after knee-gate the guy has no business coaching anywhere...anyone who would try to have his kids injure another high school kid on purpose has no business in the game. I hope he remains banished from Tazewell County as he should be.

You need a coach like Colabro...or an older coach ...to come in and settle the program and get it back on track...one who is "bigger" than the people in the community who cause these problems. Someone who can coach for a few years before retirement and bring a replacement along with him to groom for the job.

Doug Marrs!

Vaught would be a good choice, but after knee-gate the guy has no business coaching anywhere...anyone who would try to have his kids injure another high school kid on purpose has no business in the game.

Roger Goodell seconds this statement.

I don't think Compton will leave Bluefield College for Tazewell....He's got a rare opportunity to make an imprint on the program.

I don't see him going to Tazewell for several reasons. 1. The current state of affairs in T-town. 2. He left there once before his opportunity came. 3. He didn't leave much of an imprint at PH. He can probably be more effective with college players, he doesn't relate or communicate well with high school kids.

I don't think Compton will leave Bluefield College for Tazewell....He's got a rare opportunity to make an imprint on the program.

I don't think he is the answer. Think he is more of a college guy, definitely struggles relating to high school kids. Wonder how his recruiting skills are?