Richlands/Rustburg Girls Varsity State Game

tbgfan

Is this the first time that any Richlands team has been this far besides football or softball?

No, 86 team went to the final 4 and lost by 2 to the soon to be state champs. Then in 88 these same girls won a state championship in the 4x400 relay, may have been some kind of record with that win maybe first girls team in state history to run the 4x400 in less than 4 min (not a 100%, I would ask her but I don't want to wake her up, a real bear this early in hibernation).

I was wrong on the record they ran it in 4min and 1sec.

Edited by mrb

No, 86 team went to the final 4 and lost by 2 to the soon to be state champs. Then in 88 these same girls won a state championship in the 4x400 relay, may have been some kind of record with that win maybe first girls team in state history to run the 4x400 in less than 4 min (not a 100%, I would ask her but I don't want to wake her up, a real bear this early in hibernation).

I was wrong on the record they ran it in 4min and 1sec.

*86 RHS girls lost to Spotswood, who then in turn, lost to York in the title game

BTW...Liberty-Bealton is the largest Division 3 school in AA...1262 students...larger than all but one school in the entire Region IV...would be Division 4 in EVERY region but Region II...sounds fair, doesn't it????

The new system can't come soon enough...

Almost forgot...congrats to the Lady Blues!!! And the Lady Cavs, too!!!

I have a friend from their neack of the woods starting five 5 8. 5 11. 5 11. 6 2. 6 4. They are 20 and 1 lost the first game of the yr. They should not be in our div for sure. Good luck blues will be going sat if you all win tue so please make me a road trip sat