Whats your opinion of this?

Im scratching my head wondering what he is thinking.....who made this policy......there has to be something else there that we dont know of or he is a complete idiot

I'm the exact same way. What if Tazewell high school made t-shirts that said "Taz"? Would anyone freak out? It's such an innocuous situation that one person has a problem with, and that person happens to be the principal of a school. I guess he sees his power being threatened? Is it a money issue as GMan suggested? What, exactly, is wrong with the abbreviation "CAP" and a paw print? Such a confusing situation.

Im scratching my head wondering what he is thinking.....who made this policy......there has to be something else there that we dont know of or he is a complete idiot

If I were to guess..... click on the original story (linked below), then click on the picture of the back of the kid's shirt....... I'd probably say that reason #7 and reason #8 on the "top 10" list on the back of the kids shirt....

http://www.dailymail.com/News/201205200120

Obviously this guy has a shiny bald head....and talks too much!!

Edited by futbolking

I think I nailed it on the "head"....check out my previous post....then click on this link.

Disclaimer: I'm losing my hair, so it's o.k. for me to make fun of another folically challenged individual.

http://www.capitalhigh.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=34&Itemid=82

Edited by futbolking

This explains it all...

Giles said he still thought the t-shirts signified an "organized insurrection" against the principal. He thought it was disappointing to see students and families who "enjoy privilege" go to a supervisor to complain about a punishment. Because many of the students involved in the situation "enjoy privilege" and do well in school, people are causing a fuss, Giles said.

"If it would have been a group of students who had been typically low-achieving from typically low socio-economic households, from the inner-city, I'm not so sure they would look at this the same way," Giles said.

The issue isn't over a tee shirt...its really about something else...

I have problems with this kind of behavior. The shirt was taking a shot at authority, but was it over the top and patently offensive; no it was just snarky and smarta@#.

Having been in authority, the first rule is to not take yourself too seriously. This guy did, and ends up looking stupid.

I have problems with this kind of behavior. The shirt was taking a shot at authority, but was it over the top and patently offensive; no it was just snarky and smarta@#.

Having been in authority, the first rule is to not take yourself too seriously. This guy did, and ends up looking stupid.

How can you have a problem with a bunch of kids showing school spirit? This has everything to do with $$$$$. He didn't like that the school wasn't making any money off of it.

I don't think it's a money issue at all. The guy didn't like the fact that they were supposedly mis-representing the school with the shirt.....best to laugh it off and move on, instead of make a spectacle of it.... Sounds to me like this guy is one of those "by the book" dudes....

I can see him now saying....In section 2 of Chapter 3....Rule # 385-2B states clearly........blah blah blah....

I like the part of the story where he leaves the room and comes back...lol... sounds like a parent admonishing a spoiled child.....

I can picture it now....When I come back in this room, those shirts had better be gone!!! or Else!!

Yeah...I think the statement about his shiny bald head....put him over the edge...

Edited by futbolking

The Principal got his feelings hurt and decided he would show the kids who had the power. Turns out the Principal got shown who really has the power.

Bingo.... and it sounds as if he's being more of a juvenile in this situation...this is a very minor issue and should've been dealt with that way.

a few years ago a couple students at Grundy made some awesome Shirts of the original Wave Man who was painted in town, and the principle caused some fuss over those, saying something like its not school affiliated or some BS, because they are on this big kick about the "G" logo

How can you have a problem with a bunch of kids showing school spirit? This has everything to do with $$$$$. He didn't like that the school wasn't making any money off of it.

And something else...

I don't think it's a money issue at all. The guy didn't like the fact that they were supposedly mis-representing the school with the shirt.....best to laugh it off and move on, instead of make a spectacle of it.... Sounds to me like this guy is one of those "by the book" dudes....

I can see him now saying....In section 2 of Chapter 3....Rule # 385-2B states clearly........blah blah blah....

Nope. Guess again...

he just seems like the kind of jackass that often finds his way to the central office. Dont get me wrong there are some really good co personell but the type that cant take a joke and take everything personally seem to find there way out of the schools and to the co.

I would fire him but I doubt thats what will happen