Andy Griffith passes away

Andy was so much more than the Andy Griffith show. Matlock had a longer run. Look it up. ;)

His career in show business stretched 59 years. He did it all: singing, comedy, drama, and even was in a Broadway performance. Smarter man than some of his work portrayed: a UNC grad (music). Of course, he'll always be known for the Andy Griffith Show, but he was simply a great man. He will be missed.

Andy was so much more than the Andy Griffith show. Matlock had a longer run. Look it up. ;)

His career in show business stretched 59 years. He did it all: singing, comedy, drama, and even was in a Broadway performance. Smarter man than some of his work portrayed: a UNC grad (music). Of course, he'll always be known for the Andy Griffith Show, but he was simply a great man. He will be missed.

This! If you've never heard him do the football game skit you've got to.

been bummed out all day about this...loved the Andy Griffith show...but No Time For Sargents and What It Was, Was Football are also two of my all time fav's...the chemistry between Andy and Don Knotts might just be the best TV duo of all time...up there in the top 5 or 10 anyway.

Present. It's fun to teach a Cockatiel how to do it, too.

How many others know that it's an actual song beyond the 30-second blurb that's shown on TV?

My african gray parrot does it every day. Of course, I didn't have to teach him, he was doing it after hearing it on my tv a few times.