richlands football

#1BLUESFAN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that was a refreshing post from a graham fan. No need for anyone on here to talk about a hs kid in a negative manner. Baker looked pretty good in the scrimmage against GW. Threw one long TD pass. Of course he didn't get too many snaps. Should be able to get a better feel for things in the benefit game vs Basset next Friday at Ernie Hicks.

Now that was a refreshing post from a graham fan. No need for anyone on here to talk about a hs kid in a negative manner. Baker looked pretty good in the scrimmage against GW. Threw one long TD pass. Of course he didn't get too many snaps. Should be able to get a better feel for things in the benefit game vs Basset next Friday at Ernie Hicks.

+1

I'm referring to something a wee bit more recent. Say maybe this century . Haha. It worked when everyone was basically a running team. Times change and graham hasn't. Period.

Go look at Gate City's stats during the state title year from a couple years ago, less than 500 yards passing. During this century!!

Go look at Gate City's stats during the state title year from a couple years ago, less than 500 yards passing. During this century!!

Relax. It may work some on the single A level but that won't happen at the AA or AAA level anymore. Too much speed all over the field! JM and Brookville was a good example in the D3 title game last year.

Did you see the stats from the gate city v pc? Over 1,000 yards of O by PC.

What happened to GC?

Relax. It may work some on the single A level but that won't happen at the AA or AAA level anymore. Too much speed all over the field! JM and Brookville was a good example in the D3 title game last year.

Did you see the stats from the gate city v pc? Over 1,000 yards of O by PC.

What happened to GC?

Don't know, I'm not a Gate City person. I just presented a team that runs a lot and passes very little that won a state title in the last 10 years.

Oh, you had to go there!

Hey Sheets, have you got to watch the dogs practice much ! How is the new coach doing and how are the kids doing with the new system and all !

A lot of those kids have been through a lot with all the coaching changes, i sure would like to see them have a good season this year..............except for one game of course....lol

NM, I just read your post on the other thread about their scrimmage. Sounds like they are coming around, and might have a good year ! I hope they do.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Richlands played that team. They were a super defensive team and new much about stopping the spread.

What most of us are saying is statisticly more of what we have seen deep in the playoffs are teams that have vested much into their pass game and we have seen many we haven't played.

Brookville, James Monroe, Briarwood, Northside, Christiansburg, Gretna.

In the old days you lined up in August and who ever could put together the best o line and defense with a good runner with a coach who new his stuff had a chance to take it all the way, still could happen today but the odds have became dramaticaly less. Then the edge was to get some type of weight progarm going before season.

Its became a all season sport now and the edge is a combination of many, many things.

Hey Sheets, have you got to watch the dogs practice much ! How is the new coach doing and how are the kids doing with the new system and all !

A lot of those kids have been through a lot with all the coaching changes, i sure would like to see them have a good season this year..............except for one game of course....lol

NM, I just read your post on the other thread about their scrimmage. Sounds like they are coming around, and might have a good year ! I hope they do.

I've seen one practice, it was the first day so couldn't really tell much from that.... They has about 50 plus kids out for the first day..... Yesterday in their scrimmages with Pikeview and Central, they looked real well, passing and running the ball...... If they keep working hard these next few weeks the sky is the limit for this young team!