Union @ Richlands

Nadoball

I don't expect you to admit it. Its your team. I'm finished commenting about this as I knowit will not change things. It was unions game to lose and they didn't connect

I walked away knowing that union was the best team and that is fine with me. I had fun tonight and was able to watch a good game.

Now that might be the dumbest thing said in this thread....Richlands won and was clearly the better team on both sides of the ball. Richlands only punted the ball one time, 3 turnovers 2 inside their own red zone....moved the bal at will...Union had to have help from Richlands to move the ball....to say that Union was the best team just confirms how little you know about football.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's OK, the QB from Graham will save the day...

Actually, that is exactly what happened. Regardless of one's predisposition to the young man (and he is a young man with a full life ahead of him), he was quite proficient this evening. He made wise decisions, managed the game wonderfully, and made some very nice plays with his legs, including a touchdown on a manufactured play at a most crucial juncture in the game. He displayed quickness as well; an attribute that had not been observed by this individual. Richlands had many miscues and mistakes, but the quarterback play would merit a strong A in my opinion.

That team is a joke when it comes to discipline. Pathetic.

I would have to agree. Penalties has killed us the last 2 years. It cost us a state game the last time we were there. This team so far is the worst of the last three teams. No control.

Actually, that is exactly what happened. Regardless of one's predisposition to the young man (and he is a young man with a full life ahead of him), he was quite proficient this evening. He made wise decisions, managed the game wonderfully, and made some very nice plays with his legs, including a touchdown on a manufactured play at a most crucial juncture in the game. He displayed quickness as well; an attribute that had not been observed by this individual. Richlands had many miscues and mistakes, but the quarterback play would merit a strong A in my opinion.

I agree he played a very good game tonight I would give him a b+ got to learn to tuck the football when running but he will learn with time.

Now that might be the dumbest thing said in this thread....Richlands won and was clearly the better team on both sides of the ball. Richlands only punted the ball one time, 3 turnovers 2 inside their own red zone....moved the bal at will...Union had to have help from Richlands to move the ball....to say that Union was the best team just confirms how little you know about football.

You make my argument for me, sir. 150+ penalty yards against richlands. Also check out unions rushing yards. 248. They hardly needed help. Ive forgot more about football than you know.

Guest king kone
Not a personal blow toward you or anyone else and no whining. Watch the play around the second quarter on unions sideline when the 45 kid makes his hit. He shouldn't even play another down. Game film will be made available tomorrow.you be the judge.
Those refs y'all bought and sent here shouldn't be allowed to be on a 50x100 ever again.....

Guest king kone
You make my argument for me, sir. 150+ penalty yards against richlands. Also check out unions rushing yards. 248. They hardly needed help. Ive forgot more about football than you know.
Crooked refs....and you know it.....

Guest king kone
Are you on bath salts? I can barely afford my mortgage.
Y'all know how to pass the hat....that one chubby ref who kept his hand on his flag the whole game is probably your brother-in-law.....

That is the most undisciplined football team Richlands has had since Mance has been the Head Coach. It is pitiful to watch being a Blues fan when a good play is nullified by a stupid penalty. Hopefully they can clean it up and play smart.

What a joke ! Your the same guy who got on here before the game when I was telling our own fans about our starting QB and punter and place kicker was going to miss 3 to 4 weeks do to Knee surgery this week and you said we were already using excuses........LOl

Whose using the excuses now ! Quit crying, the game is over. I told you if we lost i would get on here and use no excuses and tell you good game and good win, but you get on here and cry like a baby.

Yes you are right, 45 did hit your guy late and deserved the penalty, but late hits happen, we don't like it, but it happens and the Union players had their share also.

I also have to admit that this Richlands team needs to be better disciplined, it has been lacking the last 2 weeks and the penalties has to be cleaned up ! I think even coach Mance would admit that.

It was a good game that went down to the wire and you lost.....get over yourself !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Uh-oh another facebook page about the refs. :rolleyes:

God I hope not !

And I want to add, that i hope Union has a good rest of the season and I hope all had a safe trip back home ! You do have a heck of a team !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

God I hope not !

It was a very good game. I enjoyed watching 2 different styles of football,spread vs.smash mouth, and it really could have went either way. Richlands had a great stop with 40 some seconds left. Richlands made young mistakes and Union took advantage of them like they are suppose to. Union will make some noise this year.

Good crowd noise, and let's not forget the band, they both did good.

it was a very good game. I enjoyed watching 2 different styles of football,spread vs.smash mouth, and it really could have went either way. Richlands had a great stop with 40 some seconds left. Richlands made young mistakes and union took advantage of them like they are suppose to. Union will make some noise this year.

Good crowd noise, and let's not forget the band, they both did good.

this^

I didn't say it effected the outcome of the game. You did and will continue to struggle the rest of this year with ignorant penalties. Richlands has had enough talent to win state the last two years and hasn't. Im not kicking your players because they are indeed good. Very good. 150 penalty yards is unacceptable on any level. I'm starting to believe the rumors about out-of-town 'transfers'. I believe they went to Grundy and recruited from their wrestling team. : )

I for one really enjoyed the hard hitting and tenacity of the Union-Richlands game tonight. This kind of game gets back to the roots of what the sport is all about. Yeah it was rough and yeah it was borderline dirty at times for both sides....but IMO that's what has enabled most teams from SWVA to bring home the gold on numerous occasions. When you get right down to it, football is not a game of finesse...it's a game based on toughness and the will to win. Both teams played hard and neither deserved to lose. But the hard truth is in every game someone has to lose...just another life lesson that the game of football teaches you. Sure the refs were spotty, but it went both ways. The pass interference that the Richlands fans were upset about was no worse that the no call block in the back on the Tornados score right before halftime that got the Union fans in a tizzy. And there were more where those came from. But really, the refs in this area work for chump change...and when you order a $5 steak you really shouldn't expect to be served filet mignon. Most of the unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness penalties were the results of KIDS playing a violent and emotional game at 100 mph. No one should be tossed out of the game for that (45's hit on the sideline happened right in front of me...it looked a lot worse than it was). All in all I thought the game was a throwback to a time when toughness defined a football player more than his time in the 40 did...and I appreciate that. It was nothing more than than a knock down drag out slobber knocker between a program at the top and an underdog intent on getting over the hump and proving that they belong to be mentioned in the same breath as the "elite" teams in the area both past and present. So congrats to the kids from Richlands on the win and congrats to the Union Bears on the fight...both teams have a lot of work and improvement to do to get where they want to be by season's end, but I expect both to make a lot of noise before the season is over. Most of all thanks for a viciously played game that turned back the clock and is more than deserving of being labeled as one of the better games witnessed in SWVA in a long time.

Edited by sup_rbeast

Guest king kone
I didn't say it effected the outcome of the game. You did and will continue to struggle the rest of this year with ignorant penalties. Richlands has had enough talent to win state the last two years and hasn't. Im not kicking your players because they are indeed good. Very good. 150 penalty yards is unacceptable on any level. I'm starting to believe the rumors about out-of-town 'transfers'. I believe they went to Grundy and recruited from their wrestling team. : )
C'mon...you ain't gonna give your brother-in-law some credit?

Come on guys, the game hasn't even started and the excuses are already flying!! Trust me, this will be a good game regardless of who either team has starting or is missing. I could list a string of Union players that aren't 100% tonight but I'm not. If the past repeats itsself, I would not want to miss this one because every year this is one of the best games in southwest virginia.

Ok, I can agree with this post.

Good game. Sad to see a few unsportsman plays. I've lost count of the personal fouls I've witnessed. Richlands fans blowing whistles in the stands while union has the ball? A lot of respect lost tonight.

Now that the game is over, the complaining begins.

Not a personal blow toward you or anyone else and no whining. Watch the play around the second quarter on unions sideline when the 45 kid makes his hit. He shouldn't even play another down. Game film will be made available tomorrow.you be the judge.

Now you're just making a fool of yourself.

Don't you just love it when people start out taking the high road, but when their team gets beat they slowly but surely begin the downward spiral of excuse-making and crying. It never fails.

It was a great, hard-fought game on both sides with emotions running high and Union deserves better fan representation than this poor sport.

Edited by blueinbama

I don't expect you to admit it. Its your team. I'm finished commenting about this as I knowit will not change things. It was unions game to lose and they didn't connect

I walked away knowing that union was the best team and that is fine with me. I had fun tonight and was able to watch a good game.

You walked away knowing Union was the best team? Thats funny. If not for the turnovers and mostly STUPID penalties we committed, the Union Bears might have lost by 3 TDS. With that said, Union did look good, but NO, Union was not the best team.

What was the deal at the end of the game where Richlands was taking a knee with not much time left and it took about 20 minutes to finish the game?

A Union player came in and hit our QB a little hard when he took the knee, and as any team would do, they pushed the Defensive player off, and the Flag flew. Most of our penalties were legit, but that one was terrible.