Graham @ Tazewll

starcityfootballfan

Week #2 ... the G-Men have momentum and the BIG win under their belts. Fans on the Virginia side are still basking in the glory referencing the upset of arch rival Bluefield. Anyway, Tazewell (another big rival) is up next on the schedule for the G-Men. I am hoping that there is no let up, over confidence, or non-focus here and I am sure that coach Williams will do his part to ensure this does not happen. It would be great for these young men to begin the season with a surprising 2-0 start. Get to this one early as I am sure that the Graham faithful will be out in big numbers for this one.

My prediction:

Graham 33

Tazewell 14

Thoughts, comments, predictions?

Edited by starcityfootballfan

I may eat my words but I think the Dogs are much improved over last year's team. GW was and is a power team. If Graham wins they will have to grind it out. Should be a close game either way. Hard for me to predict a score but I'm going to say it's within 14 point defference.

Of course I could be proven very wrong

Week #2 ... the G-Men have momentum and the BIG win under their belts. Fans on the Virginia side are still basking in the glory referencing the upset of arch rival Bluefield. Anyway, Tazewell (another big rival) is up next on the schedule for the G-Men. I am hoping that there is no let up, over confidence, or non-focus here and I am sure that coach Williams will do his part to ensure this does not happen. It would be great for these young men to begin the season with a surprising 2-0 start. Get to this one early as I am sure that the Graham faithful will be out in big numbers for this one.

My prediction:

Graham 33

Tazewell 14

Thoughts, comments, predictions?

That score's pretty close. I was going to say 31-13.

I may eat my words but I think the Dogs are much improved over last year's team. GW was and is a power team. If Graham wins they will have to grind it out. Should be a close game either way. Hard for me to predict a score but I'm going to say it's within 14 point defference.

graham left at least 3 tds on the field with beaver via fumbles inside the 20. if they cut down on those and penalties then graham can score.graham is not very fast but showed they can break long runs. tazewells defense will have to be ready to pounded on by the running backs of graham for all 4 quarters. this ghs team is in much better shape than last years team, just ask the beaver defense. think graham will win 24-7

Thought GW was down some this season compared to last year? I have no idea just wondering.

graham is much better both on offense and defense this year and yes they will pound the dogs defensive and offensive lines from start to finish, just ask the beavers about this.

graham is much better both on offense and defense this year and yes they will pound the dogs defensive and offensive lines from start to finish, just ask the beavers about this.

So in other words, they pounded Beaver all night:)

I was thinking they scrimmaged you guys but then remembered it was last season.

No GW scrimed Richlands this year but I did not go. I think we beat them 17-0 in that scrim but I think its hard to go by srims.

Thought GW was down some this season compared to last year? I have no idea just wondering.

GW had 17 returning starters from what I heard. They pounded the ball all night last week and really only broke 2 plays of more than 10 yds. They are still very good and we held them down as much as possible. Last year they scored on every drive in less than 4 plays. This year at least they had to earn their scores.

Tazewell still needs to settle into the new offense. They looked a little confused a few times and just didn't execute misdirections and counters as smoothly as they need to. It's a work in progress.

Bottom line is Graham may very well pound it down us, but it all depends on how our offense progresses in my opinion.

We can't get in the end zone. You can't win if you don't score. Graham will have to not show up to play for us to have a chance. I think we will play hard and tough. We will lay a few licks but I agree it could get out of hand quickly.

We can't get in the end zone. You can't win if you don't score. Graham will have to not show up to play for us to have a chance. I think we will play hard and tough. We will lay a few licks but I agree it could get out of hand quickly.

There getting closer to our 0-23 record!

There getting closer to our 0-23 record!

wont be broken the bunch of dogs is improved and seems to have a good coach. wiliams of graham even said that the dogs will win this year and i think they will win several games. and next year if they keep the coach they may even win the majority of their games. future is bright for the dogs. like graham will take a couple of years to get things going. good luck to the dogs this season.

wont be broken the bunch of dogs is improved and seems to have a good coach. wiliams of graham even said that the dogs will win this year and i think they will win several games. and next year if they keep the coach they may even win the majority of their games. future is bright for the dogs. like graham will take a couple of years to get things going. good luck to the dogs this season.

We both want to see the Dawgs win and win a lot but we have seen them play and know it is going to be a long year.

I didn't see your post till after the ball game.... Yes you can tell that the new coach has changed the attitude of the players in his time here, and yes if he will stay around good things could happen, he has 25 freshman on his team, THAT'S A START......... To my comment you responded to, I know exactly what these are going through, GYM and myself both played for Tazewell when we went 0-for23, with my Jr. and Sr. years both being 0 - 10 seasons.....

Now to tonight's game, IMO Tazewell gave the ballgame away in the first quarter with the fumbles, think they had a total of 5 in the first quarter alone with one getting returned for a td and another one setting Graham up in good position for another td. Overall the Dogs did great, never gave up and played with heart.... Graham looked good at times... Sheets (no kin to me) is a beast when he can get to the open field.... The refs sucked all night on both sides of the field, it's a rivalry game you gotta let them play... Out of all the personal fouls they called only one or two should have been called..... Good Luck next week Graham, beat the sh*t out of the damn Naders!

Tazewell was better than I thought they would be. They played hard and have some good talent. Hope the THS faithful will give this new coach some time to turn things around before they try to run him out of town.

Good post Frito. I hope for the same.