Choose a prior player to place on your current team

com74bsslc

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Graham fan, I would have to say Eddie "Hit Man" Hall, followed closely by Eddie Neel and Mark "Caveman" Cundiff. Eddie Neel and Mark graduated with me in 1983. Eddie Hall graduated a year in front of me in 1982. I used to ride the bus with Eddie Hall in Junior High School (that was 7th and 8th grade back then for all of you Middle School people), and he would go to school without a beard, and ride the bus home with a full beard. Dude was a man in every sense of the word.

Tazewell had some studs back then too. Rick Noel of course, and their QB (King) was very good. I think Rick also did the kicking and he was very good at that too.

Best player I would bring back from Bluefield High School (Beaver) would be Donnie Jackson. That guy ran rings around Robert Alexander "The Great" in the WV State Championship game. One of the best RB's to ever play in this area who got little recognition.

The only thing this thread has taught me is that we don't have cool nicknames anymore. Hit Man Hall?! Robert Alexander THE GREAT?!?! I think this is the biggest indicator of how far we've regressed as a society.

TJ Rasnick was on different level. He inspired people who don't even know what football is. He is an inspiration to everyone and teaches us about lessons in life.

Poor TJ...good kid and deserved better than he got in life...I know he would have done great things if he had made it.

Yes Cary went to E&H...he graduated from Grundy in '89

In the last 10 years, I would take Luke Dales, 98-01 LB/FB/ Bulldozer, over either Marcum bros. any day of the week. Period. His picture is beside the word "BEAST" in the dictionary. Played at VT for a short time and along with Cary Perkins & Cody Justus (another good one) , the only 3 time winner for team MVP at Grundy.