Choose a prior player to place on your current team

com74bsslc

Example: Graham fan says Bradshaw (explain), Union fan say Thomas Jones (explain).

I'm a Richlands fan. Lots of very good choices. Austin Fuller. He could take over a game as a receiver and on defence. He also played slot back and QB, was a great leader a hard worker and had a high football IQ.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Example: Graham fan says Bradshaw (explain), Union fan say Thomas Jones (explain).

I'm a Richlands fan. Lots of very good choices. Austin Fuller. He could take over a game as a receiver and on defence. He also played slot back and QB, was a great leader a hard worker and had a high football IQ.

Good choice. I'd go with Caleb Jennings. He did things I've never seen Anyone do. He could chance a game in 5 seconds on as a RB, or a punt/kick returner.

Two Richlands fans two different choices. It could easily be 15 different choices for 15 different fans and everyone would be right. For Union fans which Jones brother. for Graham fans anyone other than Bradshaw without going wayyy back, same for Honaker fans with Miller.

Another Richlands fan and another different player.

I would like to see Jeremy McCommons ! One of the toughest all around players I have seen at Richlands !

Was a fantastic RB with power and speed and made great cuts, and was one of the hardest hitters at LB I have ever seen. Had the speed to cover the whole field from his LB spot. Could carry a game on both sides .

You never hear his name much, but he was a player. Played at James Madison for a couple of years.

When did Eddie Hall play and was he better than Bradshaw. When Bradshaw played richlands had a better team than Graham, but he single handedly beat us every year. I know football is a team sport but Bradshaw was amazing he was a one man team, he punted, ran back punts and kickoffs, played running back, safety, drove the bus to and from games, ran the water out on the field during timeouts, played in the band at halftime. I didnt like him per say but I did respect him he was a one of a kind.

Edited by com74bsslc

I dont remember Eddie Hall. I thought I was up on area football over the last 30 years, I spent 8 years in the military so I may have missed some stuff. The first "star" player I can remember watching was Sandy Rogers form Richlands.

When did Eddie Hall play and was he better than Bradshaw. When Bradshaw played richlands had a better team than Graham, but he single handedly beat us every year. I know football is a team sport but Bradshaw was amazing he was a one man team, he punted, ran back punts and kickoffs, played running back, safety, drove the bus to and from games, ran the water out on the field during timeouts, played in the band at halftime. I didnt like him per say but I did respect him he was a one of a kind.

"Hitman" Hall was a different kind of player than Bradshaw. Fast enough, but didn't really need to be that quick because he ran RIGHT THROUGH people.

He caused plenty of teams fits in the early 80s (1980-1982 or thereabouts) and was one of very few SW Virginia boys to grace a Bill Dooley roster at Tech.

Just to go outside the box, I'm going to go with a kicker.

Jack Ginn (Richlands '83) is by far the best high school kicker I've ever seen. Having that dimension to our offense was a huge factor in keeping Richlands competitive during his freshman (1979) and senior (1982) years.

Was Garon the big or small Marcum. Didnt Grundy have a RB that was deaf and real beast, or am I confused (more than normal).

Cary Perkins was a beast and he was the one who had a hearing disability. Cary played in the mid to late 80's. Garon played in the early 2000's, I think his last year was 04.

Just to go outside the box, I'm going to go with a kicker.

Jack Ginn (Richlands '83) is by far the best high school kicker I've ever seen. Having that dimension to our offense was a huge factor in keeping Richlands competitive during his freshman (1979) and senior (1982) years.

I remember he would kick them over the trees and down the hill at Mitchell Stadium.

I was amazed that someone could do that. I guess he to would be my first rememberance of a "Star Player".

I would also have to go with Eddie Hall, as a Graham fan. When he went to Tech, he was getting all of the "buzz"....this is when Bruce Smith was getting his start there, too..Eddie suffered a neck injury in practice...and his career ended way too early.

I recall a 98 yard td run by Eddie, in 81..10-0 win against Bluefield. He went up the middle, guys on his back, threw them off, kept on chugging down the field for the TD. He was a very physical and punishing linebacker as well.

Do you Graham guys remember "Hit Man" Hall and "Cave Man" Cundiff....?