Richlands @ Pulaski

Ryan4VT

I agree. This loss gives Mance and the coaching staff plenty to work on. There was no lack of effort. Just careless penalties, and dropped passes to boot.

Yea, have to agree. They have been making these mistakes and penalties and still finding a way to win, maybe now that they have lost, this will wake them up and get them to realize you can keep committing these silly penalties, especially the personal foul ones. I can live with the motion once in a while and even holding on a rare occasion, but the personal foul penalties are just inexcusable and have hurt them several times this year.

But I do love the fight in them and how they play hard from start to finish, they just need to learn a little more discipline at times.

But I am very proud of these young men and have no doubt they will continue to get better !

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That scenario you are talking about with the two personal fouls was crazy in my opinion. The helmet to helmet was a kid making a perfect tackle and the running back dropping his head down. The other personal foul on that play was the receiver blocking down the field and the corner trying to get rid of him. The only problem was when the whistle was blown the ref turned and saw the corner hit the ground. I was sitting with some Pulaski fans and they said they have had terrible officiating the first 3 weeks but nothing was worse than last night. Not taking anyway from Pulaski because they were the better team last night but sometimes you have to let the kids play.

Richlands has got to get these pens turned around. Its the same week in and week out, were not getting better. After 4 weeks I think we have over 500 yds in pens ( that has got to be a record). When you play a good team (PC) your not going to win with these silly mistakes. Guys that took 7 off the board and ended up punting, right there alone you got 28-24. Hats off to PC we did not match up on the line and I think that is where the game was won. We have a good football team if we can cut out the mistakes. As long as we get our stuff together I don't see a team as good as PC until the semi-final (probably Brookville). If we keep committing those mistakes we will not make it to that point. Pens is basically what is beating Richlands right now.

I've noticed something...

Every game that Richlands plays someone, it is always the "most penalized" game for both teams.

Makes you wonder just how many extracurriculars and how much jaw-yapping is being done during the game to cause so many penalties.

Then you have to wonder...what is the one common denominator in these games...

Every game that Richlands plays someone, it is always the "most penalized" game for both teams.

Makes you wonder just how many extracurriculars and how much jaw-yapping is being done during the game to cause so many penalties.

Not to mention punches being thrown and face masks, etc. etc. I don't mean to throw my school under the bus, because Richlands football has been outstanding for several years, but discipline in this area has not been an attribute for the Blues. I hope Mance makes this a priority soon, because it has been a problem since he has been at Richlands.

Not to mention punches being thrown and face masks, etc. etc. I don't mean to throw my school under the bus, because Richlands football has been outstanding for several years, but discipline in this area has not been an attribute for the Blues. I hope Mance makes this a priority soon, because it has been a problem since he has been at Richlands.

BIB, I believe you have been listening to much to the radio broadcast by the other announcers and it has colored your thinking. Come in from Charlotte and watch a game or two. Coach Mance is not a thug, or does he condone such actions if this is what you are implying. Richlands has been guilty of a lot of holds and offsides, but to suggest that these boys and teams of the past commit flagrant acts on a regular basis, has no validation. My two cents--

Life has many choices---eternity two

Ouch

BIB, I believe you have been listening to much to the radio broadcast by the other announcers and it has colored your thinking. Come in from Charlotte and watch a game or two. Coach Mance is not a thug, or does he condone such actions if this is what you are implying. Richlands has been guilty of a lot of holds and offsides, but to suggest that these boys and teams of the past commit flagrant acts on a regular basis, has no validation. My two cents--

Life has many choices---eternity two

Of course I don't think coach Mance is a thug, and I know he doesn't teach or condone such actions. That doesn't mean those things don't happen occasionally. While it's true my main perspective is what I hear from the radio guys, I also read comments on here that suggest there are often unnecessary penalties caused by a lack of composure. The holding penalties and off sides penalties are not what i am referring to. Check the stats for Friday night and see just how many of those penalties were for personal fouls? There were several. And it happens every game. I have been following the Blues online since 2007, and it is a recurring theme. As far as coming to the games, I live too far away and work until 6:00 every Friday. The game would be over by the time I got there.

Edited by blueinbama

I remember a few years ago Richlands played Cave Spring at Cave Spring the Cave fans only got really loud once the entire game, they beat us by 2TD's and had multiple good plays. The roar of the crowd came when the announcer make the statement "Christiansburg just beat Salem". That is when you know you have an outstanding football program. I could see that happening in SWVA on friday night when the Richlands score was announced. Pulaski has a very good team and I know they wished the ref's would have let the kids play, it takes away from eveyone when the refs take over the game. I've watched 250ish high school football games and have only seen the helmet to helmet call made once or twice. Pulaski played hard and I wish them the best of luck in the future.