Things which stood out tonight...

wave316

I know quite a few Marion people myself, and I have heard ZERO complaints about the QB until today. I just find it odd that after losing a game to Graham by one point, it's time to blame the QB. Marion played a very tough Graham team and got beat. Marion was up 20-7 at one point, and Marion's defense gave up 14 unanswered points. I think there's your answer, not the quarterback. But hey, what do I know?

I think you know a lot! Your thoughts took the exact words from my mouth! Unfortunately, the pointing of the fingers has begun because of the WAY that Marion lost the game. Indeed, Marion did outplay Graham for three quarters; however, Graham kept it close enough to pull out the win. As a Graham fan, I will certainly admit that the G-Men were very lucky to win this one. However, if Graham had lost the game I would NOT be pointing fingers at any individual player or the coaches. Marion's defense did give up the final two touchdowns that enabled Graham to tie the score and then eventually win in the final minutes. I personally think that Marion is much improved from last year and this team could make some noise later on in the season. I certainly hope that they do!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you know a lot! Your thoughts took the exact words from my mouth! Unfortunately, the pointing of the fingers has begun because of the WAY that Marion lost the game. Indeed, Marion did outplay Graham for three quarters; however, Graham kept it close enough to pull out the win. As a Graham fan, I will certainly admit that the G-Men were very lucky to win this one. However, if Graham had lost the game I would NOT be pointing fingers at any individual player or the coaches. Marion's defense did give up the final two touchdowns that enabled Graham to tie the score and then eventually win in the final minutes. I personally think that Marion is much improved from last year and this team could make some noise later on in the season. I certainly hope that they do!

Marion was better than what I expected. I thought they were very well coached and were controlling the tempo. A few others have stated that conditioning may have played a factor and that may be the case...but i feel that Graham made adjustments in the 2nd half...and conditioning may have played a factor. Anyway, Graham was very lucky to get out of there with a "win"...they stole one....back to the drawing board...the toughest part of the schedule lies ahead....Galax, Grayson, Fort...are all the real deal this year... Princeton will be hungry for a win...and they do have some talent on that team....Graham needs to get these false starts and procedure penalties under control...and play 4 quarters of ball....or we may end up with as many L's as W's....

Marion was better than what I expected. I thought they were very well coached and were controlling the tempo. A few others have stated that conditioning may have played a factor and that may be the case...but i feel that Graham made adjustments in the 2nd half...and conditioning may have played a factor. Anyway, Graham was very lucky to get out of there with a "win"...they stole one....back to the drawing board...the toughest part of the schedule lies ahead....Galax, Grayson, Fort...are all the real deal this year... Princeton will be hungry for a win...and they do have some talent on that team....Graham needs to get these false starts and procedure penalties under control...and play 4 quarters of ball....or we may end up with as many L's as W's....

TOUGH certainly does describe the rest of the season for the G-Men. As you stated, the false starts and procedure penalties will make or break this team. Clean the mess up now before heading into Princeton or it will be a long night for the G-Men. Although win less, the Tigers do have talent and they can certainly put the points on the board ... just ask Bluefield. Graham has to play four quarters of football from here on out. If not, 5-5 at best! I can only imagine what it would be like for this team to play four good quarters of Graham football. If so, sitting in Salem Stadium in early December could be a reality and certainly not out of the question. Maybe a little premature for some, but again ... not out of the question!

Edited by starcityfootballfan

Did anyone actually make it to the Fort Chiswell-Floyd game this past Friday? If so, is Fort Chiswell really that much better than the Buffaloes? Of all the scores this one surprised me the most. Also, Magna Vista had an upper hand on Pulaski County right from the start. My Salem connections stated clearly that the Cougars were over rated at the beginning of the season; however, the Salem folks always say that EVERYONE is over rated except their Spartans. LOL! They will kill me for that one!

Anyway, Fort Chiswell-Floyd feedback?