Honaker at Richlands

Ryan4VT

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hung out with Southy last night and his dad is hilarious. His dad said that there would be so much cigarette smoke over there at the game they will think another coal mines is on fire. :eek: Said they will have to shut down the road. I said road? He said yeah they only have one worth traveling over there. Haha

Hung out with Southy last night and his dad is hilarious. His dad said that there would be so much cigarette smoke over there at the game they will think another coal mines is on fire. :eek: Said they will have to shut down the road. I said road? He said yeah they only have one worth traveling over there. Haha

Only road worth traveling in Abingdon is Deadmore Street. Why, you may ask? Because its extremely short, and you go through the creek at the end, washing that nasty Abingdon smell off your car in the process.

I actually got a good laugh out of this haha

Dude,

I got a glass of BLUE koolaid for ya. Not being 3a but 2a next year means if we make a good run in playoffs we want be facing teams with a 1000 + student bodies or even 800.

As far as quality in their day and the future you can find no better competition than GC, Powell Valley(Union with APPy added) and Graham, their stern tests have helped bring us to where we are today, add Bluefield and you have one of the toughest 2As schedules in our area. Then there is your district play which can't do must about.

Patrick Co while down this and passed year have been the best the Pietmont had to offer in 3a, while we catch Basset, which is usally the best in the Piemont, with the preseason game.

East Tn has so many teams down there they don't have a scheduling problem and really don't need us thou I would love to see some cross ups.

Correct me if I wrong but being the same size as most of our competition means more points in the end if we win.

ThunderCloud here is a little food for thought. On the blues strength of schedule as of today, keep in mind most of the teams we play can only get better as the season carries out due to the fact most are at rock bottom. I provided the School, their enrollment, rank, and class (A, AA). Remember there are only 85 schools in AA and 91 in A.

I love the blues, but desire a stronger litmus test than what we are playing. Hard to argue against fact, see below. We play only two teams in AA that are not in the bottom 9 out of 85 AA schools. Pulaski and Marion which are ranked 30th and 65th.

Out of the A schools we play I only see 2 that will end up in the top 25 and that is Union and Honaker. The only reason Honaker may end up that high is the fact they also play a VERY WEAK schedule. Honaker with wins over Twin Valley, Lebanon, and bless their hearts Patrick Henry.

So, tomorrow night after the game Purple Koolaid goes on sale at Walmart!!!!!

Have fun and have a safe trip to and from the game tomorrow night and may the Blues come out with another victory!!!!

Gate City 708 Rank 26 A

Union 400 Rank 16 A

Graham 531 Rank 25 A

Pulaski 1,450 Rank 30 AA

Patrick County 778 Rank 79 AA

Honaker 390 Rank 12 A

Marion 715 Rank 65 AA

Carroll County 1,186 Rank 77 AA

Abingdon 925 Rank 85 AA (Last place in AA)

Tazewell 663 Rank 84 AA (Only team ranked worse Abingdon)

Richlands 736 Rank 32 AA

When we played Hidden Valley in 06 had to stand on the hill on their side for first few plays.

Hidden Valley fan walked up to me and said who do ya really play, Honaker? Do ya really have any speed? Bout that time on a punt by us one of our players actually over ran the kick and from behind the reciever striped the ball forcing a fumble. Two or three plays later we scored and from there it ended up 40 some to a couple of scores for them.

We have been blessed with a very good run and it's still going, I'm sorry it's not enough for you. I can remember years when most of these teams could have beat us. Wish our bball team could win like this.

Couple facts for you.

1. We play the best teams available in SW VA.

2. All schools in our end of the state are shrinking.

Do I want to see them tested, I want to see them challenged. Because being challenged will make one dig deeper, listen closer, practice harder and focus. And while you spend some time trying to prove how weak the teams are we play you still haven't a provided a solution. Two other members here with inside source to what the coaches have tryed, have spoke up and told you what the coaches have tryed but you still insist on being a " critic." Really beginning to think you are a purple fan and not a blue.

Hope them BLUES aren't distracted with this junk. It can get one beat by overlooking. Maybe that's what your doing might be a orange fan instead of a purple? Colorblind? Or maybe just blind? These coaches, this community, these young men, have taken us to hights I would never have believed, I'll keep my BLUE koolaid and be more than happy with whatever they can do because

I know they're doing their best and are the best.

GO BLUES!!!!!

ThunderCloud here is a little food for thought. On the blues strength of schedule as of today, keep in mind most of the teams we play can only get better as the season carries out due to the fact most are at rock bottom. I provided the School, their enrollment, rank, and class (A, AA). Remember there are only 85 schools in AA and 91 in A.

I love the blues, but desire a stronger litmus test than what we are playing. Hard to argue against fact, see below. We play only two teams in AA that are not in the bottom 9 out of 85 AA schools. Pulaski and Marion which are ranked 30th and 65th.

Out of the A schools we play I only see 2 that will end up in the top 25 and that is Union and Honaker. The only reason Honaker may end up that high is the fact they also play a VERY WEAK schedule. Honaker with wins over Twin Valley, Lebanon, and bless their hearts Patrick Henry.

So, tomorrow night after the game Purple Koolaid goes on sale at Walmart!!!!!

Have fun and have a safe trip to and from the game tomorrow night and may the Blues come out with another victory!!!!

Gate City 708 Rank 26 A

Union 400 Rank 16 A

Graham 531 Rank 25 A

Pulaski 1,450 Rank 30 AA

Patrick County 778 Rank 79 AA

Honaker 390 Rank 12 A

Marion 715 Rank 65 AA

Carroll County 1,186 Rank 77 AA

Abingdon 925 Rank 85 AA (Last place in AA)

Tazewell 663 Rank 84 AA (Only team ranked worse Abingdon)

Richlands 736 Rank 32 AA

You do know that AA this year is not going to be the same AA next year? Also pulaski co will be 4a next year. The blues will be in AA with Gc, Union and so on, it sounds like you have not figured it out yet.

When we played Hidden Valley in 06 had to stand on the hill on their side for first few plays.

Hidden Valley fan walked up to me and said who do ya really play, Honaker? Do ya really have any speed? Bout that time on a punt by us one of our players actually over ran the kick and from behind the reciever striped the ball forcing a fumble. Two or three plays later we scored and from there it ended up 40 some to a couple of scores for them.

We have been blessed with a very good run and it's still going, I'm sorry it's not enough for you. I can remember years when most of these teams could have beat us. Wish our bball team could win like this.

Couple facts for you.

1. We play the best teams available in SW VA.

2. All schools in our end of the state are shrinking.

Do I want to see them tested, I want to see them challenged. Because being challenged will make one dig deeper, listen closer, practice harder and focus. And while you spend some time trying to prove how weak the teams are we play you still haven't a provided a solution. Two other members here with inside source to what the coaches have tryed, have spoke up and told you what the coaches have tryed but you still insist on being a " critic." Really beginning to think you are a purple fan and not a blue.

Hope them BLUES aren't distracted with this junk. It can get one beat by overlooking. Maybe that's what your doing might be a orange fan instead of a purple? Colorblind? Or maybe just blind? These coaches, this community, these young men, have taken us to hights I would never have believed, I'll keep my BLUE koolaid and be more than happy with whatever they can do because

I know they're doing their best and are the best.

GO BLUES!!!!!

Post of the year candidate, IMO. You have said everything that needs be said on the topic. Thank you for a wonderful post.

You do know that AA this year is not going to be the same AA next year? Also pulaski co will be 4a next year. The blues will be in AA with Gc, Union and so on, it sounds like you have not figured it out yet.

Oh......I do apologize for not understanding your math, but I speak about now (not yesteryear or the vision you have with your magical crystal ball). No, I'm not attempting some Jedi mind trick to induce a loss.

Apparently you have not looked at the VHSL website that supplied the data for my post. VHSL has Union listed with 400 students. So, get on their hotline and tell them they have it all wrong.

This schedule gives no one any idea the level of ability we have. Post season will bring light from what our regular season has prepaired us for!!!

Post of the year candidate, IMO. You have said everything that needs be said on the topic. Thank you for a wonderful post.

Now thats one of the funniest post yet. Does that come with a trophy? Ever heard the term tunnel vision? Thats what a few posters have on this site. Why are you so afraid to call it like it is? Take the blinders off and you will see this is a very watered down schedule. If that doesnt work get a dog and a stick because you obviously have trouble seeing!!!!!

Sorry for confusing this site as a forum for debate and not seeing this as your personal blog!!! Maybe I should get my eyes checked!!!!

Now thats one of the funniest post yet. Does that come with a trophy? Ever heard the term tunnel vision? Thats what a few posters have on this site. Why are you so afraid to call it like it is? Take the blinders off and you will see this is a very watered down schedule. If that doesnt work get a dog and a stick because you obviously have trouble seeing!!!!!

Sorry for confusing this site as a forum for debate and not seeing this as your personal blog!!! Maybe I should get my eyes checked!!!!

Our schedule is down this year, yes. We CAN NOT control our district sucking miserably the last several years. We can't control GC having a down year. So no, I'm not blind, have tunnel vision, drink "purple koolaid", or anything else. I call it how I KNOW it. I know who we have and have not tried to schedule. We can't control if someone says no.

The more you post, the more I wonder if it's you that has a tunnel vision hatred of us? I don't even think you are a true Richlands fan. I have inside sources, BigD has inside sources. We know what we are talking about. Just accept it and get out of "purple koolaidland".

Why do you seem so intent on beating a dead horse. We know that some of the games on our schedule are weak......we get that, but what you don't seem to understand or don't want to understand is they have tried to schedule games with some teams that would make the schedule tougher and for one reason or the other ( there are many things that go into making up a schedule, on both sides ) it hasn't worked out.

It will get better next year with the addition of Bluefield and maybe another team to be named later.

But i think this has been beat to death on this thread and others.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

what would be the problem with clintwood and richlands playing? im kinda in the dark on why this game would be so complicated.it would be a great game and great gate money.i know everbody has their opinions why,but what are the facts and reasons for not playing.it would be better than having to travel 2 or 3 hours .

Oh......I do apologize for not understanding your math, but I speak about now (not yesteryear or the vision you have with your magical crystal ball). No, I'm not attempting some Jedi mind trick to induce a loss.

Apparently you have not looked at the VHSL website that supplied the data for my post. VHSL has Union listed with 400 students. So, get on their hotline and tell them they have it all wrong.

This schedule gives no one any idea the level of ability we have. Post season will bring light from what our regular season has prepaired us for!!!

Yes I have been on the vhsl web site. It looks like you need to go back over their and look at the march 2012 adm numbers union has 659, if you do go over there and look why dont you check out the new 6A system for next year. Its not a crystal ball it is what is going to happen next year.

what would be the problem with clintwood and richlands playing? im kinda in the dark on why this game would be so complicated.it would be a great game and great gate money.i know everbody has their opinions why,but what are the facts and reasons for not playing.it would be better than having to travel 2 or 3 hours .

The reason its a bad matchup currently has nothing to do with with what goes on on the field. I think everybody knows it would be a great game, it has to do with playoff seeding. Richlands(AA D3) wouldnt get many points for beating Clintwood(A D1) and even less for losing to Clintwood. The way the VHSL looks at it is as a mismatch(regardless of how good Clintwood is) and so Clintwood is worth fewer points. Now if Richlands was in a solid district and played alot of AA teams playing Clintwood wouldnt be a big deal(they would get points from other games). That is(more or less) why its a bad game.

Next year it is a possability since reclassification will take place, Richlands will be AA and Clintwod A and the points spread wont be that great. BUT next year will be the begining of a dropoff for Clintwood, so from a competitive standpoint it wont be a good game.(no offense meant to Clintwood but they wil lose ALOT after this season, hope im wrong)

Edited by redtiger

The reason its a bad matchup currently has nothing to do with with what goes on on the field. I think everybody knows it would be a great game, it has to do with playoff seeding. Richlands(AA D3) wouldnt get many points for beating Clintwood(A D1) and even less for losing to Clintwood. The way the VHSL looks at it is as a mismatch(regardless of how good Clintwood is) and so Clintwood is worth fewer points. Now if Richlands was in a solid district and played alot of AA teams playing Clintwood wouldnt be a big deal(they would get points from other games). That is(more or less) why its a bad game.

Next year it is a possability since reclassification will take place, Richlands will be AA and Clintwod A and the points spread wont be that great. BUT next year will be the begining of a dropoff for Clintwood, so from a competitive standpoint it wont be a good game.(no offense meant to Clintwood but they wil lose ALOT after this season, hope im wrong)

thanks ,i guess i understand little more than i did.if clintwood drops off then richlands would really take a big loss in points.clintwood has won so much the last several yrs .i just cant see them dropping to much.they have a good program.

Why do you seem so intent on beating a dead horse. We know that some of the games on our schedule are weak......we get that, but what you don't seem to understand or don't want to understand is they have tried to schedule games with some teams that would make the schedule tougher and for one reason or the other ( there are many things that go into making up a schedule, on both sides ) it hasn't worked out.

It will get better next year with the addition of Bluefield and maybe another team to be named later.

But i think this has been beat to death on this thread and others.

Beating a dead horse, now why did you go any get PETA involved in this discussion?

Our schedule is down this year, yes. We CAN NOT control our district sucking miserably the last several years. We can't control GC having a down year. So no, I'm not blind, have tunnel vision, drink "purple koolaid", or anything else. I call it how I KNOW it. I know who we have and have not tried to schedule. We can't control if someone says no.

The more you post, the more I wonder if it's you that has a tunnel vision hatred of us? I don't even think you are a true Richlands fan. I have inside sources, BigD has inside sources. We know what we are talking about. Just accept it and get out of "purple koolaidland".

Hate is such a strong word!!!! I "hate" no one!!!! I choose to not be a lemming and not believe every thing told to me. Would you say the Governor never lies? What about the News? What about your beloved source? Let me guess you are on these calls with the other teams I speak of when the deals are going down?

I assure you I am a Blues fan. I will be the one drinking the purple Koolaid. Nothing personal just healthy debate. I will stop if your feelings are getting hurt!!!

Beating a dead horse, now why did you go any get PETA involved in this discussion?

Man, your right.........didn't think about them, I might be in big trouble now. PETA is one bunch i don't want to mess with !