the bears vs wave

cwood78

clintwood travels to bullit park to take on the union high bears, i look for the bears to try and run up the gut for a bit ,and try a little mix of short passing, to try to open up wave defence....... ya'lls thoughts?

I would love to be able to witness this one! If the Union team that played Richlands shows up it could make for a very interesting night. You just never know with high school kids though. With Clintwood you get what you see ... Clintwood. Nothing more needs to be said ....

Clintwood 20

Union 12

clintwood travels to bullit park to take on the union high bears, i look for the bears to try and run up the gut for a bit ,and try a little mix of short passing, to try to open up wave defence....... ya'lls thoughts?

Union is 90% run offense ...Wave will have to hold their ground in the trenches ....and be aware of trick plays that Union has had 2 weeks to work on ...Playing the game at Union favors the Bears...Clintwood will have to ground and pound and protect the football...Should be the game which determines the LPD Crown.. I'm going with Clintwood 28-20..

Union is 90% run offense ...Wave will have to hold their ground in the trenches ....and be aware of trick plays that Union has had 2 weeks to work on ...Playing the game at Union favors the Bears...Clintwood will have to ground and pound and protect the football...Should be the game which determines the LPD Crown.. I'm going with Clintwood 28-20..

The fact that Union has had two weeks to prepare is what scares me most. Also this very well could be for the last LPD title. I am sure both teams want it badly and I am also sure Norton wants it just as bad. So the winner will have to go through them to claim it.

If Clintwood is not to conservative, and all the kid's with talent are in the game plan than I see Clintwood 42-21.....I believe Union is on there way though, Turner is a very good Coach and things seem to be coming along just fine at Union.

Most of the time when you lose your QB to graduation it hurts, but in Union's case, it helped. They aren't averaging 4 interceptions a game this year. If Meade can be contained this game shouldn't even be close. Thats a big IF because I think hes the best RB in swva. I will be looking forward to seeing you all down there.

Most of the time when you lose your QB to graduation it hurts, but in Union's case, it helped. They aren't averaging 4 interceptions a game this year. If Meade can be contained this game shouldn't even be close. Thats a big IF because I think hes the best RB in swva. I will be looking forward to seeing you all down there.

IF,,,,,,,,,,, you contain meade, but i'm sure ol robbie, tanner, etc.are up to the challange, gavin isn't the only playmaker on our team................he gets alot of the credit, but...............theres more.......10+ more to be exact,

Edited by cwood78

Man, if the blues were not playing Honaker this week this is the game I would want to go see !

2 great programs and fan bases, it should be a heck of an atmosphere !

Good luck to both teams !

thanks,,,, same here

IF,,,,,,,,,,, you contain meade, but i'm sure ol robbie, tanner, etc.are up to the challange, gavin isn't the only playmaker on our team................he gets alot of the credit, but...............theres more.......10+ more to be exact,

I'd take Robbie over Gavin anyday. That's not a knock on Gavin either. I still remember the hardest hit I've seen in a game in years in last years Union/CW game. It was Robbie running the ball and almost killing some Union kid at the goal line. Ran through the kid like he wasn't there and it sounded like a car crash. I thought the kid was hurt bad. Gavin's been getting 200 yds a game on about 20 carries while Robbie has been getting 90 or so on 8-9.

Don't think Jake Huff threw 4 ints per game for Union ...kind of a cheap shot there... Don't see anything spectacular with the current qb ..just left handed I think ....he better know how to scramble if he throws the ball or he will be on his butt often... ''If Meade can be contained this game shouldn't even be close'',indicates you were not aware that Meade is not the only weapon in the Greenwave arsenal... Have you not heard of Mountain Beast ...Robbie Mullins????? He spends his evenings after practice baling hay... and ask the Union db he ran over last yr that was fortunate to get up and live another day.... Anyway...just messing with you a little bit ... lol... Union will have to throw the ball a little more than usual to get their points imo....should be a great game!!:)

I'd take Robbie over Gavin anyday. That's not a knock on Gavin either. I still remember the hardest hit I've seen in a game in years in last years Union/CW game. It was Robbie running the ball and almost killing some Union kid at the goal line. Ran through the kid like he wasn't there and it sounded like a car crash. I thought the kid was hurt bad. Gavin's been getting 200 yds a game on about 20 carries while Robbie has been getting 90 or so on 8-9.

Thats still the hardest hit I've ever seen in my life.....I don't think it slowed robbie down any..

The kid that got run over at Clintwood last year got run over on a weekly basis last year, starting at Lee High...lol..he was a pitiful tackler and had pitiful technique to boot. That being said, Clintwood is one of the teams I've always looked forward to on the schedule, both as a spectator and many moons ago as a player. Always was a slobber knocker with those guys...just a nasty (but not dirty) game. I've always had respect for the team and their fans. You guys got some wonderful players up in Clintwood this year, and I hope Union is ready and willing to rise to the occasion. I think they are.

How many interceptions did huff throw against clintwood last year? It wasn't a cheap shot. It was true. He was less than five away from setting the vhsl single season record. The score last year was either 20 or 21-0 in first quarter and huff heated up and threw int's on three straight Downs. If you don't believe me watch it. Its on YouTube.

How many interceptions did huff throw against clintwood last year? It wasn't a cheap shot. It was true. He was less than five away from setting the vhsl single season record. The score last year was either 20 or 21-0 in first quarter and huff heated up and threw int's on three straight Downs. If you don't believe me watch it. Its on YouTube.

I've yet to find the Union vs CLintwood game on youtube..

The kid that got run over at Clintwood last year got run over on a weekly basis last year, starting at Lee High...lol..he was a pitiful tackler and had pitiful technique to boot. That being said, Clintwood is one of the teams I've always looked forward to on the schedule, both as a spectator and many moons ago as a player. Always was a slobber knocker with those guys...just a nasty (but not dirty) game. I've always had respect for the team and their fans. You guys got some wonderful players up in Clintwood this year, and I hope Union is ready and willing to rise to the occasion. I think they are.

speaking of many moons ago, see my thread memories..........

Was at the game and dont remember it going down like you described ...I will have to see the you tube game replay and see for myself... Still think the 4 ints per game is inaccurate.