6th edition of Leonard’s Losers 2012

Leonards_Losers

Welcome back folks to the 6th edition of Leonard’s Losers 2012. We’ve got picks on the way, but first a couple of words from our sponsors. Dave down at Dave’s outhouse Emporium really wanted to thank you folks for the strong showing after last week. Business picked up so much he had to get one of those new fangled telephones. Remember, if you need to contact Dave simply call (304) 555-TURD. This week’s show is brought to you by Sammy Dean’s Custom Dog Boxes. Is your hound embarrassed about that old shabby dog box? Are you too ashamed to hunt with your buddies? Well folks Sammy Dean’s Custom Dog Boxes has just what you are looking for. Whether you draw a big check or are on a working mans budget, Sammy can put your hound in the box he has always dreamed about. Just to let you in on a little secret, if you call Dave’s today and mention you heard about him from Leonard and Percy, you will receive 15% off the purchase of any box from Sammy Dean’s four wheeler friendly Grand Lite Champion line.

Honaker (5-0) vs Richlands

Doug Hubbard has his KIT KATS as crispy as some good ol’ fat back bacon on a nice cool Sunday morning. The Tigers have turned away all opponents this season and is in the hunt for another BDD Crown this season. Its no secret what the Tigers like to do, run right, run left, run up the middle and run some more.

The BBWM is still the team to beat in the SWD. Coach Mance and his Mechanics have been adjusting and testing their high octane offense all week. Folks, both teams like to play on plastic grass and both teams have a rich tradition of winning. It’s the BDD’s best against the best in Southwest Virginia. Ol’ Leonard says its Honaker’s turn, to turn some heads. Sorry Blues, but Ol’ Hubbard is going to have a Blue, Blue, Blue, Blue Xmas this year. Had to throw that in folks, that’s Percy’s favorite Xmas song.

LLL - BBWM

Abingdon @ John Battle

The Blue Buzzards are flying high this week with their feathers all fluffed out and beaks held high. This Friday they’ll be doing the “BUZZARD STRUT†down Highway 11 with the FALCONMAN + SOUTHBOUND riding shotgun in the “WHINER AND CHHEEZER†parade to EXIT 7. However when they get to EXIT 7 this year, they will not be finding any Wally World Rolled Back Prices or any other specials. What they will find is a bunch of AGILE, MOBILE, AND HOSTILE Chariot Riders on a Mission. The Exit 7 Chariot Riders have rode over all opponents this season and are taking no prisoners.

When the dust settles this Friday night, the Buzzards will know what it means to be rolled back. The only Struttin’ the Buzzards will be doin’ on Friday Night is over to the Bath and Beauty Store after being hit by these Chariots.

LLL - Abingdon

Traffic Warning if you’re driving around Exit 7 Friday Night – Slow Down - and watch out for Buzzards falling from the sky.

Grundy @ Castlewood

In what has the POtential to be a real barn burner, The Slate Crick Crawdads will be squaring off against Touchdown Davy Scammell and his “other†Blue Devils. Last year at the Bend of Slate, this game was tighter than Percy’s breeches after Sunday supper and you should expect more of the same this year. Ol’ Percy even thinks this might come down to the actions of the crawdad with the Golden Toe. There is no doubt that Coach Scammell, who used to pack the tator for the crawdads himself, wants this one bad. Look for a school house toilet paper thin margin in this one.

LLL - Castlewood

Clintwood @ Union

Folks this could very well be the game of the week. The Clintwood PSA is on a Tidal Roll and the ImBoden Bears have been ripping things apart this year. The GAVAN MEADE, Ol’ coach Meade’s Grand youngun, has been running and surfing the Green Tidal Wave all season. But this will be no push over for the PSA. “Bear†Baugh and his line will be up to ripping holes in the BIG GREEN WAVE D. But look for the Green Tidal Wave to wear down the Bears in the end.

LLL – in a close one, Union

Gate City @ Bluefield, WV

Looks like another bad night for Devils, even if the aliens have returned all the ABDUCTED BIG AND Fast Devils.

LLL – Gate City

Graham @ Princeton, WV

Sheriff Williams and the G-Posse capture the Mercer Mall Trophy, as they cage a bunch of Tigers.

LLL – Princeton, WV

While I won't say that The Loser is wrong, I will say he needs some serious directions help.....try exit 10 idiot. Are you just jealous cause you don't have a Books-A-Million in podunk?

While I won't say that The Loser is wrong, I will say he needs some serious directions help.....try exit 10 idiot. Are you just jealous cause you don't have a Books-A-Million in podunk?

Are you being a prick because your team is ranked last in AA behind a winless Tazewell? Or is it something else?

Battle is about equal distance between Exits 7 and 10, so you're both right. Check it out on Google Maps.

Are you being a prick because your team is ranked last in AA behind a winless Tazewell? Or is it something else?

Are you being a prick becaue VT lost to Pitt, who lost to Youngstown St the week prior? lol. Nah, man, just tired of our coaching staff and taking it out on the loser.

Are you being a prick becaue VT lost to Pitt, who lost to Youngstown St the week prior? lol. Nah, man, just tired of our coaching staff and taking it out on the loser.

How come everyone else around can turn their coaching staff into a revolving door position with just one losing season except for Abingdon? I've heard a lot of complaints about the coaching staff from a lot of Abingdon people, but nothing seems to be done about it. Anywhere else (Tazewell, Battle, Lee, etc.) would have sent them packing by now. Not that you would want a revolving door at the HC position (trust me, just ask anyone from any of the schools I mentioned) but it seems like more could be done with Abingdon's football program, yet they just keep trying the same thing over and over....I think Einstein had a quote about doing that, now that I think of it.

Abingdon has had a chance to hire a good coach several times over the years and continues to pass them over...once again, Abingdon does not make football a priority...the band, yes...football no.

How come everyone else around can turn their coaching staff into a revolving door position with just one losing season except for Abingdon? I've heard a lot of complaints about the coaching staff from a lot of Abingdon people, but nothing seems to be done about it. Anywhere else (Tazewell, Battle, Lee, etc.) would have sent them packing by now. Not that you would want a revolving door at the HC position (trust me, just ask anyone from any of the schools I mentioned) but it seems like more could be done with Abingdon's football program, yet they just keep trying the same thing over and over....I think Einstein had a quote about doing that, now that I think of it.

A question many of us AHS supporters have asked for quite some time. Any ideas on how to make that happen? I'm all ears.

Abingdon does not make football a priority...the band, yes...football no.

The truth of the matter is you are correct. We have a principal who is an absolute non wave maker. An AD who has a Napolean complex and could care less about football. These two in turn hired a sub par coach at best. He lives in Johnson City and has no vested interest in Abingdon. He does a poor job in recognizing talent, very unapproachable and hires some assistant coach(es )that can't coach anywhere else because of very questioable character. This team has enough talent( if used) for at least 4 or 5 wins with most any coach. It is very frustrating and we don't know where to turn.

The truth of the matter is you are correct. We have a principal who is an absolute non wave maker. An AD who has a Napolean complex and could care less about football. These two in turn hired a sub par coach at best. He lives in Johnson City and has no vested interest in Abingdon. He does a poor job in recognizing talent, very unapproachable and hires some assistant coach(es )that can't coach anywhere else because of very questioable character. This team has enough talent( if used) for at least 4 or 5 wins with most any coach. It is very frustrating and we don't know where to turn.

Funny thing, the principal, Coach Wallace, was actually a math teacher and coach (wrestling, don't know if he coached anything else) at Battle before becoming an admin. I actually had him as a teacher for two years. Maybe it's all part of an elaborate plan to get Battle to beat Abingdon in football. ;)