Thoughts on this???

barondawg77

Interesting read. Didn't see that when i was looking around in the sports section this morning, I must have just over looked it.

I am not ready to judge anybody on that yet. I don't know what the mistake was and how serious it might have been.

But, (and this is just my opinion as a parent ) if I told my daughter that she couldn't play or do something because she made a mistake of some type, I would think it important to follow through with what i said. I am not judging that it was wrong, just saying what I think would be important if i had said that to my daughter or son.

But I do understand not wanting to make others suffer for their mistake, but that should have been taken into consideration before saying he couldn't play in the game.

But it is just my opinion.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x403296214/Cook-to-be-ready-from-the-start

How do you Gman fans feel about this story? I am very interested in some of the opinions you guys might have on both the story, and the fact that it's even in the paper in the first place.

In this particular case, knowing both the kid and father I applaud the dad. Sometimes you have to take away what means most to them to make them understand. I wish we had 30 more dads like him.

Sounds to me as if the dad was the one who made the call for him to not play and Coach Williams followed through. Didn't say he was disciplined for something that happened in school...most likely something that happened at his home and his father decided to take away what mattered most to him. I'd say he learned his lesson and likely won't do whatever he did to get in trouble again.

I think more parents should be a little more strict with the discipline...I'd bet the Richlands QB wouldn't miss any game time for something that happened to him away from school...

Yeh, you know what I'm talking about...

Sounds to me as if the dad was the one who made the call for him to not play and Coach Williams followed through. Didn't say he was disciplined for something that happened in school...most likely something that happened at his home and his father decided to take away what mattered most to him. I'd say he learned his lesson and likely won't do whatever he did to get in trouble again.

I think more parents should be a little more strict with the discipline...I'd bet the Richlands QB wouldn't miss any game time for something that happened to him away from school...

Yeh, you know what I'm talking about...

No u didn't just go there!!!!!! U reckon he pulled a Ron White!