Virginia Tech Football

SteveEurkel

Making jokes at the expense of Hitler is totally appropriate. He was a maniacal idiot who deserves an eternity of mockery and shame.

Jokes about the Holocaust? That's a different thing bro.

Holy $hit! I finally agree with 2s on something...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I believe that Beamer has brought the program to where it is and without him we would just be another smack around team. With that being said I firmly believe that changes need to happen that won't happen under Beamer. Why not go after a Gene Chizik from Auburn or Derek Dooley from Tennesee, both are great coaches in big time confrences that are both on the hot seat http://www.coacheshotseat.com/ . We need a new HC, and a new OC someone who can bring this team to the future over this losing moutain that were on and can recruit big time names

The sky is falling. The sky is falling. I won't even comment on the coaches mentioned, GMan handled that. I will say that knee-jerk reactions have helped tank programs. Ask UVAO how he feels the premature departure of George Welch played out for that program. Or a Michigan fan about the running off of Lloyd Carr.

Take a look at Texas. Great recruiting classes year after year and a drop off in results. Did they fire Mack Brown, arguably the greatest coach in UT history? No Brown has done some revamping of his staff and improved his personal focus to make changes.

I think that is the better approach.

Understandable on the coaches, but with Chizik I think he could be a pretty good offensive coordinator, honestly I would love to see a WVU type offense in Blacksburg as much as I hate saying it. Thats the type of QB's that we get and thats the type of offense that they are successful in. Another coach that could be on the hot seat would be Mark Richt from Georgia, he's a smart grounded guy, I like him. To be honest I'm not really saying that Beamer MUST GO, i'm just saying that he has done all he can do, an offensive cord. would revamp the program, and a big name would help with recruiting

Gus Malzahn is more of a reason why Auburn won the national championship than Cam Newton. Cam helps but he was running Gus' system and it's no coincidence that Carolina brought a ton of that offense in when they drafted Cam.

Look where Auburn's offensive system is now, putrid. Chizik is a great guy, not a good head coach.

VT started the day out playing like they've played all year. Then both the offensive and defensive lines realized they could push around whoever was in front of them. This is the closest we've been to seeing signs of life from this team. Let's see if we can build on it.

VT started the day out playing like they've played all year. Then both the offensive and defensive lines realized they could push around whoever was in front of them. This is the closest we've been to seeing signs of life from this team. Let's see if we can build on it.

I honestly think that all the players and coaches "woke up" when, after Duke made it 20-0, the VT fans started booing...and it wasn't Duke that was getting the boo.

Granted, Duke isn't great, but VT overcame their largest deficit in the Frank Beamer era to win a game. Something snapped, clicked, whatever you want to call it, when the fans let the boo go on the VT team.

I also saw something yesterday I had not seen in years. After the Bonner INT, VT went for the jugular...first play went deep to Davis for the TD. Yes, there was only 20 or so seconds left in the half when that play happened, but normally VT would have just played to get in FG position.

I'm not saying that VT is going to turn the season around, they will still lose by wide margins to both Clemson and Florida St. But, at least, we, in fact, did see signs of life yesterday.

I honestly think that all the players and coaches "woke up" when, after Duke made it 20-0, the VT fans started booing...and it wasn't Duke that was getting the boo.

Granted, Duke isn't great, but VT overcame their largest deficit in the Frank Beamer era to win a game. Something snapped, clicked, whatever you want to call it, when the fans let the boo go on the VT team.

I also saw something yesterday I had not seen in years. After the Bonner INT, VT went for the jugular...first play went deep to Davis for the TD. Yes, there was only 20 or so seconds left in the half when that play happened, but normally VT would have just played to get in FG position.

I'm not saying that VT is going to turn the season around, they will still lose by wide margins to both Clemson and Florida St. But, at least, we, in fact, did see signs of life yesterday.

What amount I saw and mostly listened to on the radio, after the Bonner INT, they actually started to look/sound like the VT of old. I couldn't believe they went to Davis before the half and he actually caught the ball!! I know it was just Duke, but after years of watching VT struggle against the Bill & Mary's, Western Kentucky's, Austin Peay's, and other Duke's of the world, it was a nice change of pace.

So how about completely coaching ourselves out of a ball game? Our coaches performed so badly that we can't even blame the refs for the two or three calls they blew.

I felt some of my brain cells commit suicide after watching the wide receiver screen to Marcus Davis and then he tries to throw a pass that was just hideous for an interception. That had to be one of dumbest play calls I've ever seen from a VT football team. That guy can't catch the ball half the time, but you're going to have him try and throw a pass???

I still don't know why in the first quarter with a 3rd and 1 & 4th and 1 on the Clemson 19 yard line they don't run a QB sneak. Deep hand offs to Holmes each time got zero inches.

But Beamer did say again: "It was only a hand full of plays here or there." *Yawn* Beamer really doesn't see a problem.

I felt some of my brain cells commit suicide after watching the wide receiver screen to Marcus Davis and then he tries to throw a pass that was just hideous for an interception. That had to be one of dumbest play calls I've ever seen from a VT football team. That guy can't catch the ball half the time, but you're going to have him try and throw a pass???

I still don't know why in the first quarter with a 3rd and 1 & 4th and 1 on the Clemson 19 yard line they don't run a QB sneak. Deep hand offs to Holmes each time got zero inches.

But Beamer did say again: "It was only a hand full of plays here or there." *Yawn* Beamer really doesn't see a problem.

This one play call was so fascinatingly, absurdly, patently dumb on every single level, that it really re-writes the depths we can expect from Virginia Tech's offense. There was no way that play was going to work, and me, someone who hasn't committed my life to studying the ins and outs of the game of football, could tell this, and tell it quite clearly. How many people with headsets (or otherwise) heard that play called who could have stopped it? Is the entire coaching staff so dumb that they allowed such a terrible idea to unfold on the field? At what point does someone realize that, whatever this is, IT ISN'T WORKING?

This one play call was so fascinatingly, absurdly, patently dumb on every single level, that it really re-writes the depths we can expect from Virginia Tech's offense. There was no way that play was going to work, and me, someone who hasn't committed my life to studying the ins and outs of the game of football, could tell this, and tell it quite clearly. How many people with headsets (or otherwise) heard that play called who could have stopped it? Is the entire coaching staff so dumb that they allowed such a terrible idea to unfold on the field? At what point does someone realize that, whatever this is, IT ISN'T WORKING?

O'Cain said they tried the double pass in the first half and Logan badly threw the ball out of bounds while he missed Davis. Said they noticed the intended down field receiver was open so they tried the play again. I just don't agree with it in that position. If you can't execute basic aspects of plays (even converting a 4th & 1 play), what are your chances of making a trick play work?

Anyone think Beamer may have early symptoms of Alzheimer's?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alzheimers-disease/DS00161/DSECTION=symptoms

This ^^^^^^^ i remember the duke game when he came out of the locker room the guy interviewing him was like " Coach beamer what did you say to the guys in the locker room." Beamer says " That Locker room right there." Announcer "Yes Coach" Beamer then gives the same BS interview he always gives about playing hard.

Sadly, Marcus Davis was recruited as a QB.. I guess we're lucky he's not.