Dog or Coyote???

i believe its a coyote, the ones i've seen up my way, always have tail tucked between legs..... most dogs have tail up in the air, unless they are really scared.....

The longer muzzle, tucked tail, and long legs make me thinks its a coyote. The foxes I've seen have had a shorter snout and shorter legs.

Somebody ran over a coyote on US-58 Friday night between Galax and Hillsville. It is making a lot of news around here.

I've seen several of them killed on 460 between Bluefield and my office. Lot more of them out there than most people think.

I've seen several of them killed on 460 between Bluefield and my office. Lot more of them out there than most people think.

Even here in Washington County near Bristol, there's coyotes. We've heard/seen some in the woods near my house before (between exit 5 and 7). My brother can't even get a deer where he's been hunting because there's a coyote around that keeps running them off.

Coyote imo

There are alot of them over here. Ive only seen 4, but hear them in the woods behind my house all the time.

Im sure you know this GMan but, if your inlaws have any cats or small dogs they may want to keep them inside at night, that thing will kill them for sure

There sure are. I used to go out every late Winter and call them in with a Foxpro Game Caller. Was alot of fun!

Definitely a coyote. I do a lot of Trapping of Coyotes on the family farm. Caught 6 last year between Jan. 1 and Feb. 15. They are all over the place and most people do not even know it. Truth be told, we have a serious problem with these varmits in SWVA.

Definitely a coyote. I do a lot of Trapping of Coyotes on the family farm. Caught 6 last year between Jan. 1 and Feb. 15. They are all over the place and most people do not even know it. Truth be told, we have a serious problem with these varmits in SWVA.

They came into our yard and killed our pets and our neighbors dog...wish every coyote would be eliminated...