Galax at honaker

cwood78

i'd like to see this one..............the maroons took out tigers last year,,,,,,,, the laxers are not haysi, and a far shot from patrick henry.............thoughts??????????????????;)

Galax wins in a game with a lot of points.

Hopefully, the MED will still be represented in round 3 in D1! Galax in a close one here. Go Tide!

Galax 21

Honaker 19

Go Tide!

I agree with the 'close one' part, but I think it's going to take 30+ points to win.

Definately gonna be a premere game. If it is high scoreing Id give the edge to Galax. I think the Tigers will be ready for payback on a very good Maroon team. If their defense can contain Peoples (and I think they will) and the Tigers dont turn the ball over, and have long sustained drives and keep the ball away from Galax's explosive offense they win. The BDD will be represented in week 3. Tigers 31 Maroons 21

hows he doing? update...........

Donte is in good spirits after having a steel rod and pins placed in his ankle\lower leg and two torn ligaments repaired. He got a standing ovation from the crowd Friday night.

I think Honaker will have trouble stopping Steven Peoples. As long as the QB doesn't turn the football over, Galax will win.

It is the Galax Maroon Tide. The Maroons are George Wythe.

Roll Tide!

Donte is in good spirits after having a steel rod and pins placed in his ankle\lower leg and two torn ligaments repaired. He got a standing ovation from the crowd Friday night.

I think Honaker will have trouble stopping Steven Peoples. As long as the QB doesn't turn the football over, Galax will win.

It is the Galax Maroon Tide. The Maroons are George Wythe.

Roll Tide!

Agree totally. Peoples is a load to stop. He is the best back I've seen all year. And now that's he's the man, don't see Honaker stopping him. Galax wins,and scores more than 30 in the process.

Agree totally. Peoples is a load to stop. He is the best back I've seen all year. And now that's he's the man, don't see Honaker stopping him. Galax wins,and scores more than 30 in the process.

In Galax's four losses, the QB has 19 turnovers. In the seven wins, he has 4. The key to beating Galax is making Dixon impatient, which he tends to get if he doesn't score quickly enough. If you can withstand Galax's initial surge and make them have to sustain time consuming drives, Dixon will get impatient and take more risk, putting his inexperienced QB in position to turn the football over. Galax is also woefully under coached on special teams. Forget all the returns for touchdowns, which is more a product of having Deon George last year and the Peoples brothers this year, Galax has no idea how it wants to cover onside kicks or even pooch or squib kicks.

Clintwood wrote the manual on how to beat Galax last year in the state championship game with the way it forced Galax to sustain drives and totally dominated Galax on special teams.

I think it will be a good game, I am just not sure Honaker has enough athletes to force this from Galax.

In Galax's four losses, the QB has 19 turnovers. In the seven wins, he has 4. The key to beating Galax is making Dixon impatient, which he tends to get if he doesn't score quickly enough. If you can withstand Galax's initial surge and make them have to sustain time consuming drives, Dixon will get impatient and take more risk, putting his inexperienced QB in position to turn the football over. Galax is also woefully under coached on special teams. Forget all the returns for touchdowns, which is more a product of having Deon George last year and the Peoples brothers this year, Galax has no idea how it wants to cover onside kicks or even pooch or squib kicks.

Clintwood wrote the manual on how to beat Galax last year in the state championship game with the way it forced Galax to sustain drives and totally dominated Galax on special teams.

I think it will be a good game, I am just not sure Honaker has enough athletes to force this from Galax.

honaker now has a kicker that has been forcing the opposing team to start from the 20 yrd line which i think has been a big help in stopping big plays on kickoffs.the kids been booting the ball in the end zone nearly every kickoff.where in the past yrs they have been giving up 30 or 40 yrds from the kickoff.he can also give them a pretty good edge on field goals if needed.hope to see a good game.

honaker now has a kicker that has been forcing the opposing team to start from the 20 yrd line which i think has been a big help in stopping big plays on kickoffs.the kids been booting the ball in the end zone nearly every kickoff.where in the past yrs they have been giving up 30 or 40 yrds from the kickoff.he can also give them a pretty good edge on field goals if needed.hope to see a good game.

Against Hurley there wasn't a single touchback.

I know Donte People's is out for the season but I am hearing Steven Peoples might also be out this week too. Is that true? If so, this will be devastating for Galax, and make it difficult to get out of the second round.:eek:

I'm hearing: Galax loses 2 linemen and Steven Peoples has bad sprained ankle after rushing for 184 and 4 TDs n 1st half of Chilhowie game. Want to see if sixcat is hearing the same thing. I'll wait to see what sixcat confirms. If true, tough to hear this time of year.

Against Hurley there wasn't a single touchback.

im thinking the 1st string kicker was out 3 or 4 weeks or more with a sprain.what number was the kicker against hurley?i went to the patrick henry game and most was touchbacks.

Did find something on Steven Peoples going down last week but not sure how bad the injury was. Here's a quote from the Galax Gazette: The Maroon Tide (7-4) averaged 8.6 yards per carry despite playing without their top running back Donte Peoples, who suffered a season ending injury the week before.

Younger brother Steven Peoples carried the load during the first quarter, scoring four of Galax’s first five touchdowns.

Peoples racked up 184 yards on the ground on 12 carries and picked off Chilhowie (4-7) quarterback Dylan Thomas for a 60-yard pick-six in the first quarter.

Late in the second quarter Peoples went down with an injury and didn’t return to the game.

I'm hearing: Galax loses 2 linemen and Steven Peoples has bad sprained ankle after rushing for 184 and 4 TDs n 1st half of Chilhowie game. Want to see if sixcat is hearing the same thing. I'll wait to see what sixcat confirms. If true, tough to hear this time of year.

Ben Sanchez (#52) was held out of the second half against Chilhowie with a "mild" ankle sprain. I spoke to Ben last night and he is fine and will play. Ryan Gravely (#55) is out for the year with a torn MCL and ACL.

Steven was held out of the second half also with what was called a "mild" ankle sprain Friday night with no indication of any serious injury. I started hearing chatter on Facebook and Twitter Saturday morning about him getting an MRI. At a school function last night with my daughters, he was in a walking boot and crutches. I am not sure if this is a little gamesmanship or precautionary.

Grayson used a little gamesmanship leading up to the Galax game with Max Rogers. I think this may be a little of the same.

im thinking the 1st string kicker was out 3 or 4 weeks or more with a sprain.what number was the kicker against hurley?i went to the patrick henry game and most was touchbacks.

Kicker was out for several weeks and one of those being the Hurley game for what it's worth! I feel better about extra points (provided TD's can be scored) and possible FG's with him in there and it may come down to that to win the game IMO.

Edited by OrangeStreak

Did find something on Steven Peoples going down last week but not sure how bad the injury was. Here's a quote from the Galax Gazette: The Maroon Tide (7-4) averaged 8.6 yards per carry despite playing without their top running back Donte Peoples, who suffered a season ending injury the week before.

Younger brother Steven Peoples carried the load during the first quarter, scoring four of Galax’s first five touchdowns.

Peoples racked up 184 yards on the ground on 12 carries and picked off Chilhowie (4-7) quarterback Dylan Thomas for a 60-yard pick-six in the first quarter.

Late in the second quarter Peoples went down with an injury and didn’t return to the game.

How is Galax up front this year? Last year it seemed we were bigger but Galax definitely got off the ball alot quicker and dominated up front. Line plan will be huge for Honaker to move the ball Saturday.