Notre dame's in the big game!!!

ThomasDenton

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold your horses there fellas. I really think ND has a shot at beating whoever shows up to play them (Bama included).

Bama's toughest game left is with UGA. Notre Dame's offense is anemic at best. Bama and Georgia are both peaking at the right time, and either team will expose Notre Dame. These SEC teams could beat Notre Dame:

Alabama

Georgia

Florida

LSU

Texas A&M

South Carolina

Edited by blueinbama

I'd pick any of the Top 6 SEC teams to beat them outright.

ND's schedule was an utter joke. Best team was a 5-loss USC.

I would argue that an 11-1 Stanford would be their toughest test....or a 9-2 Oklahoma.....

One could also make the argument that Michigan and Michigan St. are better than USC...

Edited by Ryan4VT

I'm tired of hearing about the SEC being dominant.... Play the game and we'll see... can't wait until the playoff format. I think ND has a legitimate shot to beat anybody they play.

The SEC is dominant. Just this weekend 4 SEC teams played ACC teams, 3 games being away, and the SEC won all 4. You can be tired of the SEC all you want, but until the other conferences start playing SEC caliber football, you'll continue to hear about it. The class of the ACC right now is Clemson and Florida State, and two SEC teams manhandled them Saturday. I'm personally tired of hearing people cry about the SEC. If you don't like it, do something about it, like beat an SEC team (and Auburn and Kentucky don't exactly qualify). And if, and it's a big if, Notre Dame were to have all the planets lined up just right and Bama or UGA played their worst game of the year and Notre Dame were to win the BCSNC, it still won't make the SEC any less dominant. Hell, losing one BCSNC game in seven doesn't make you irrelevant.

By the way, the playoff format this year just might have seen two or even three SEC teams, so you might not want to be in such a hurry. :)

Edited by blueinbama

AP and Coaches polls just came out

AP Top 25 11-25-2012

1. Notre Dame

2. Alabama

3. Georgia

4. Ohio State

5. Florida

6. Oregon

7. Kansas State

8. Stanford

9. LSU

10. Texas A&M

11. South Carolina

12. Oklahoma

13. Florida State

14. Nebraska

15. Clemson

16. Oregon State

17. UCLA

18. Kent State

19. Northern Illinois

20. Utah State

21. Michigan

22. Northwestern

23. Texas

24. Oklahoma State

25. Boise State

Coaches Top 25 11-25-2012

1. Notre Dame

2. Alabama

3. Georgia

4. Oregon

5. Florida

6. LSU

7. Kansas State

8. Texas A&M

9. Stanford

10. South Carolina

11. Oklahoma

12. Florida State

13. Nebraska

14. Clemson

15. Boise State

16. UCLA

17. Oregon State

18. Northern Illinois

19. Kent State

20. Northwestern

21. Texas

22. Utah State

23. Louisville

24. Michigan

25. Rutgers

You can't help how the season plays out. No schedule that has Miami, Oklahoma,Michigan,and USC on it EVER should be considered a joke. Some of these games were scheduled years ago so they can't help how things played out. I remember an Ohio State team 10 years ago that everyone said the same things about. Then they turned around and beat maybe the most dominant Miami team ever. Its about matchups. I think bama is a good matchup for Notre Dame because of the style they play. Alabama isn't what everyone thinks either,and it wouldn't shock me at all if it was Georgia playing ND.

The SEC is dominant. Just this weekend 4 SEC teams played ACC teams, 3 games being away, and the SEC won all 4. You can be tired of the SEC all you want, but until the other conferences start playing SEC caliber football, you'll continue to hear about it. The class of the ACC right now is Clemson and Florida State, and two SEC teams manhandled them Saturday. I'm personally tired of hearing people cry about the SEC. If you don't like it, do something about it, like beat an SEC team (and Auburn and Kentucky don't exactly qualify). And if, and it's a big if, Notre Dame were to have all the planets lined up just right and Bama or UGA played their worst game of the year and Notre Dame were to win the BCSNC, it still won't make the SEC any less dominant. Hell, losing one BCSNC game in seven doesn't make you irrelevant.

By the way, the playoff format this year just might have seen two or even three SEC teams, so you might not want to be in such a hurry. :)

Paul Finebaum??? IS THAT YOU?! HEY PAWWWWWLLLLLLL!

Bama's schedule wasn't all that great either. I mean, they just pounded a 3 win Auburn team last night. ND had the much tougher game to end the regular season. Alabama's still really tough (and may beat ND if they get to play) but they're not nearly as tough as their fans make them out to be.

Piss on ND. ROLL TIDE/SIC EM DAWGS. What I dont understand is that they sucked for years because "ND isn't competitive because they dont recruit dumba**es like the SEC does." What happened? Oh wait that will be the excuse when Alabama beats their brains out.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Hope Notre Dame wins it all this year! Love the Irish! Got to go up to SouthBend and watch them play .. They are playing with alot of faith.. kind of like the John Battle Trojans....don't think they were even ranked in the top 20 when the season began... But here they are undefeated...#1 in the nation.. Go Trojans and go Irish!:)

Paul Finebaum??? IS THAT YOU?! HEY PAWWWWWLLLLLLL!

Is that all ya got? Epic fail. You mean there are still people out there like you that listen to that idiot? That says a lot about you.

The SEC has six teams in the top 10 coaches poll and six in the top 11 AP. That speaks for itself.

Edited by blueinbama

ND cant beat Bama....it just wont happen. That offense will get shut down. BUT! ND can beat UGA. If UGA somehow could upset Bama, ND IMO would win the national championship. UGA is up and down. Sometimes the offense shows up, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes the Defense dont even show up. You never know what you're going to get out of them.

ND cant beat Bama....it just wont happen. That offense will get shut down. BUT! ND can beat UGA. If UGA somehow could upset Bama, ND IMO would win the national championship. UGA is up and down. Sometimes the offense shows up, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes the Defense dont even show up. You never know what you're going to get out of them.

ND won't beat 'Bama, yeah, but I agree with you on ND beating Georgia. If only, if only Florida didn't shoot themselves in the foot too many times, we'd be in it. Oh wellz. Part of that was Georgia showing up for that game, if they play 80% of what they did against Florida, UGA will win. I'd have loved to see a rematch between Florida-UGA. At least we'll most likely get a BCS Bowl bid.

Piss on ND. ROLL TIDE/SIC EM DAWGS. What I dont understand is that they sucked for years because "ND isn't competitive because they dont recruit dumba**es like the SEC does." What happened? Oh wait that will be the excuse when Alabama beats their brains out.

Someone seems unhappy.

ND won't beat 'Bama, yeah, but I agree with you on ND beating Georgia. If only, if only Florida didn't shoot themselves in the foot too many times, we'd be in it. Oh wellz. Part of that was Georgia showing up for that game, if they play 80% of what they did against Florida, UGA will win. I'd have loved to see a rematch between Florida-UGA. At least we'll most likely get a BCS Bowl bid.

I don't think ND could beat Bama, Georgia, Florida, LSU or A&M.

Is that all ya got? Epic fail. You mean there are still people out there like you that listen to that idiot? That says a lot about you.

The SEC has six teams in the top 10 coaches poll and six in the top 11 AP. That speaks for itself.

HA! Whoa, Mr. Pouty Pants. Sorry to touch a nerve. From your past posts here, I should have known you were so overly sensitive.

But congrats on the conference you root for being so good. Speaking of, what's your relationship to Alabama again? I need to know if your a legitimate fan, or just a bandwagoner.